collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dead 2 point mulies  (Read 13318 times)

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
Re: Dead 2 point mulies
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »
I think 3pt and spike only rule is stupid.  Flame on but hunt or don't hunt.  Limit hunters but quit setting up for entrapment.  Emotions are what people are about and mistakes will always be made based on emotions, its human nature.  The sad thing is when a mistake is made people will leave n hide to avoid prosecution instead of NOT wasting and self reporting and taking the punishment.  Of course when its such a severe punishment I PROMISE everyone flaming would do the same if they did make a mistake.  Don't tell me YOU would NOT make a mistake unless u are not a human.  Don't say I would self report cause IF you haven't you have no credibility.  People are such armchair judges but cmon man people aren't perfect and will not risk their livelihood to man up.  No I have not done it but I know its a possible outcome when I hunt as I do make mistakes.  Sorry I am tired of the MR> Perfects ranting....  Geta grip and save your righteousness for yourself...………… :yeah:……………………………………...
So, still trying to figure this rant out, but seems to say if you see a deer with horns your emotions are likely to take over and you might blast it before checking  if it's legal.  BUT, that's ok because you're only human and can't control your emotions while out in the woods with a high powered rifle. Don't think there's any "Mr perfect" involvement here, but if you can't take the time to make sure your target is legal before shooting perhaps you should stay home with the other kids and play video games.
No not like that.  People get excited.  People see a branch n think its a rack.  A buck may stand behind another.  Seeing things ya want to see when its not really there.  People do weird stuff not on purpose, humanity.  Like an eye witness for example who sees things n misses things but swears they seen it!  I just saying people r people.  Mistake prone, even with training n good intentions.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2018, 08:24:04 AM »
There are many people who are concerned about this 3 pt rule (in place now for decades) enabling the mature 2 pt boogeyman.  Yes I'm aware this has been identified in certain areas, mainly the agricultural areas around Lind/Ritzville and the farther to the SE.

I've said it multiple times that of all the "giant two points" I hear about and/or see, I can only recall one or two that was older than 1.5-2.5

Better find out a way to measure the genetic traits which a doe will pass on to buck fawns  :o
spot on!
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2018, 08:28:34 AM »
We watched a 2pt get shot and left over the weekend.  Wdfw came and took the 2pt.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »
Daughter tag one? Legal deer....not a 2pt of course.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »
by the way, if you all are so worried about genetics, you all would do away with all the late tags and quit shooting all the big bucks...(crickets)......I didn't think so.  LOL

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2018, 12:56:42 PM »
Daughter tag one? Legal deer....not a 2pt of course.
no I filled my doe tag on a shot to get for her to shoot.  She had safety off a few times just could not get clear shots.  Heading back this weekend.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »
Always good to report them to WDFW enforcement.  Maybe nothing happens, maybe they have information about a shooter but no dead two point.

:yeah:
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Sakko300wsm

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2018, 08:05:42 PM »
I think 3pt and spike only rule is stupid.  Flame on but hunt or don't hunt.  Limit hunters but quit setting up for entrapment.  Emotions are what people are about and mistakes will always be made based on emotions, its human nature.  The sad thing is when a mistake is made people will leave n hide to avoid prosecution instead of NOT wasting and self reporting and taking the punishment.  Of course when its such a severe punishment I PROMISE everyone flaming would do the same if they did make a mistake.  Don't tell me YOU would NOT make a mistake unless u are not a human.  Don't say I would self report cause IF you haven't you have no credibility.  People are such armchair judges but cmon man people aren't perfect and will not risk their livelihood to man up.  No I have not done it but I know its a possible outcome when I hunt as I do make mistakes.  Sorry I am tired of the MR> Perfects ranting....  Geta grip and save your righteousness for yourself...………… :yeah:……………………………………...
So, still trying to figure this rant out, but seems to say if you see a deer with horns your emotions are likely to take over and you might blast it before checking  if it's legal.  BUT, that's ok because you're only human and can't control your emotions while out in the woods with a high powered rifle. Don't think there's any "Mr perfect" involvement here, but if you can't take the time to make sure your target is legal before shooting perhaps you should stay home with the other kids and play video games.

Exactly!! Do not ever shoot if you don’t know you’re target!!
Same people that shoot 2 points could very possibly be the same people that would shoot at a person that doesn’t have orange on!!
Complete *censored* for both
VELOCITY MARINE- ALUMINUM BOATS
I hunt fur and fins!!
23' X 9' custom jet in the works
Haxby 550hp 496"
Hammi 241
Stick steer

Online pashok23

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2018, 08:50:20 PM »

Same people that shoot 2 points could very possibly be the same people that would shoot at a person that doesn’t have orange on!!
:yeah:

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2018, 07:14:50 AM »
 :yeah:I assume u support gun control measures like the one on this ballot.  Ya know to eliminate inferior mistake prone dummies and require 10_ hours firearm training and heck lets slow down semiauto sales so only slow shootings will happen.  We cant have it both ways.  We cant have military training for all citizens, can we?  People are mistake prone, period.  We all know this.  Even Jesus recognized this fact.  Um have you sinned? :chuckle:  Lighten up, that's all.  people are walking mistakes waiting to happen.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2018, 07:59:40 AM »

I was almost killed because of a hunter like this.    I had three two points and a small three if I remember right, come jogging off the hill, pushed by hunters on opening morning.   The lead deer was actually one of these giant twos you guys are referencing.   He was headed for another county.  The deer ran mere feet in front of me.  The little three didn’t interest me.  The deer passed by.   All of a sudden BAM!  I was sprayed with blood. The little forked horn fell dead at my feet.  It literally died touching me.   The guy came running up. “Did I get it”.   I turned and walked away.  I swear if I had said anything I’d have clubbed him to death.  A couple other guys saw it and called it in.     The guy tried to get the deer off the hill but WDFW caught him at his rig.   All jacked up and excited.   People need to,calm the heck down, or shouldn’t be out hunting with a gun.   If you can’t take the time to know your target.....

Offline Damnimissed

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
I have seen a couple of 2x2's dead over the years of hunting in Washington.  Its non-explainable but it does happen.  The first year the Yakima area went to spike only elk hunting I came across a guy that had shot a 2x2 bull thinking it was a spike.  When I saw him he had a rock and was trying to brake the small point off.  We  should be better hunters and make sure before we shoot.  Now with all this said, and I will probably take heat from this comment, If I ever was to make this mistake I wouldn't notify WDFW to turn myself in.  In this state they would tell you thanks for being honest and then throw the absolute book at you!  Thousands of dollars later and you picture in the paper it would be over.

I’ll tell you what; honesty and your attitude go a long way when someone owns up to a mistake like this. I would really hope you wouldn’t leave an animal to rot.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2018, 11:03:48 AM »
Dvolmer I can respect your honesty.  I think most would do the same but will never fess up too it.  That was my point.  Honest mistakes happen and the system does not encourage honesty the way it is enforced/set up.I am not talking about the idiots shooting at everything in a frenzy.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2018, 12:03:58 PM »
So why is it 3 point or better for deer and spike only for elk? What is the reason it is different?

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2018, 12:28:34 PM »
So why is it 3 point or better for deer and spike only for elk? What is the reason it is different?
They are different species of animals. Why is it any bear but not any deer?

Hopefully my sarcasm came through with this post.  8)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:56:30 PM by BULLBLASTER »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal