collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Should this be reported?!  (Read 10604 times)

Offline MrSmallington

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Should this be reported?!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 10:05:41 AM »
thanks all! always hate wasting LEO's time with petty stuff. that's why I asked first.  it is sad that his kid is being dragged around and being taught this is normal.

It is a Washington plate. for the guy who asked.

Offline MrSmallington

• Tracker
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
 :chuckle:

honestly I’m just trying to figure out WTF kind of tires those are! He wont be out there much longer either way.

DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THEY LOOK AS BALD AS A BALD HEADED BEAR  :chuckle:

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 10:11:56 AM »
Absolutely report this. May fall under " reckless endangwrment" statute. Wdfw will definitely contact the guy. Looks like he is just an AH trying to intimidate others.  :stup:

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 10:12:55 AM »
 :yeah:

Seems to be a bit of that going around.

Offline CaNINE

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:45 AM »
Surprised he's wearing orange.  Guess he knows some of the rules.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Proverbs 12:27

Offline Evil_EdwardO

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, LPC, ASF, GOA, RLRR
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 10:19:09 AM »
Is that a WA plate? Thought only guberment plates had the “c” on them.  :dunno:

Mine has a C and I don't have government plates.

Offline timberfaller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 10:20:03 AM »
You got his license plate number,  take it to any game warden, They will see that he gets a nice little visit.

Stupidity needs confronted, its that simple.

Had a similar thing happen to me on Hwy 20 while checking out the ranch I worked. Grampa(grandson sitting next to him) was using his scope to glass deer across the highway in a pasture(no hunting signs). Came back a few minutes later HE did the same thing as I drove by, :bash: stopped and backed up and told him exactly what I thought!!

As all the game wardens I've worked with have told me, "all I need is a license plate number, we'll do the rest."
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline MrSmallington

• Tracker
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »
You got his license plate number,  take it to any game warden, They will see that he gets a nice little visit.

Had a similar thing happen to me on Hwy 20 while checking out the ranch I worked. Grampa(grandson sitting next to him) was using his scope to glass deer across the highway in a pasture(no hunting signs). Came back a few minutes later HE did the same thing as I drove by, :bash: stopped and backed up and told him exactly what I thought!!

As all the game wardens I've worked with have told me, "all I need is a license plate number, we'll do the rest."

Just emailed a report poaching email address that was listed in the replies.  i took a friend to hunters ed last year and the teacher was talking about all you need is a plate. said people can earn point for special draws too. not interested in that much just this guys attitude and over all demeanor was questionable and had me reaching for my pistol... which i did not like.  thanks to everyone who replied. i thought i was over reacting. 

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 10:45:38 AM »

Just emailed a report poaching email address that was listed in the replies.  i took a friend to hunters ed last year and the teacher was talking about all you need is a plate. said people can earn point for special draws too. not interested in that much just this guys attitude and over all demeanor was questionable and had me reaching for my pistol... which i did not like.  thanks to everyone who replied. i thought i was over reacting.
When it comes to the inherent dangers of firearms, I don't think you can overreact. The "act as if all guns are loaded" rule is extremely valuable even though technically irrational. It's irrational because you can personally observe a round NOT entering the chamber as you push the bolt in. Even with that knowledge we follow the "act as if it is loaded" rule because an accident from not following the rule has an extremely high potential consequence while following the rule has almost no negative consequence.

The human mind is extremely imperfect and because of that, there is no reasonable excuse not to follow the rule, even when you've observed an empty chamber.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 10:50:49 AM »
honestly I’m just trying to figure out WTF kind of tires those are! He wont be out there much longer either way.

I have a well tuned eye for tires. Brand of those tires is Willpop. They sometimes double as street slicks for broke teenagers drag racing. Pretty much a misapplication for logging roads, the life of the tire tends to be poor.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »
I have seen this exact same thing in East LA  :chuckle:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:17:16 AM by Buckmark »
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 11:02:48 AM »

I have a well tuned eye for tires. Brand of those tires is Willpop. They sometimes double as street slicks for broke teenagers drag racing. Pretty much a misapplication for logging roads, the life of the tire tends to be poor.

I have this exact same thing in East LA  :chuckle:

:chuckle: Good thing I didn't have any coffee in my mouth when I read these!

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2018, 11:06:20 AM »
Yikes.... that's something you don't see every day (gun hanging out the window, stagecoach "Wyatt Earp" style)...   :yike:
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline Britt-dog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »
Everything about that guy screams DB. He definitely needs a visit from the man. Though I don't think it will do much good.

Offline 724wd

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2018, 11:28:04 AM »
Not as reliable as the Maypop brand of tires.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal