collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "Red Flag" Laws in Practice  (Read 26993 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: "Red Flag" Laws in Practice
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 01:03:18 PM »
We are ALL guilty in this country until proven innocent.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Tinmaniac

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 01:07:11 PM »
Further details are not really needed.Common sense tells me all I need to know.Cops don't just show up somewhere and open fire,if they did there would be dead people everywhere.The red flag laws don't just get put into play on a phone call.Ever try to get a restraining order?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »
I hope you're right. I just don't have the information to confirm it. You assume an awful lot.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 01:48:25 PM »
Sgt. Davis said the man put the gun down. But then, according to a police press release, Willis "became irate" when officers attempted to serve the order. Willis picked the weapon up again, "a fight ensued over the gun," and a shot was fired, Davis said. The first shot didn't strike anyone, but the officers then fatally shot the man, Sgt. Davis said.

Could have gone a lot better if he had just left the gun down.

It wasn't clear why the "red flag" order was issued.

Deal with the legal issues in court, not with a gun against two police officers who are just doing their job.  They want to go home that night.

Offline trapp01

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 03:14:09 PM »
Sounds like the red flag was spot on to me.Guy fights with the cops and gets shot.It's pretty simple,the guy with the gun and the badge makes the rules,do what he tells you to do.Learn how to behave and respect law and order and you won't end up dead.

The Jews circa 1940 had the same mentality towards an SS officer with a badge.

So comply or die. I don't have much respect for bs laws that strip our rights or people who enforce them.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:20:54 PM by trapp01 »

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »
Sounds like the red flag was spot on to me.Guy fights with the cops and gets shot.It's pretty simple,the guy with the gun and the badge makes the rules,do what he tells you to do.Learn how to behave and respect law and order and you won't end up dead.

The Jews had the same mentality towards an SS officer with a badge.

So comply or die. I don't have much respect for bs laws that strip our rights or people who enforce them.

I wouldn't compare a police officer who is scared for his life to a Nazi SS officer.

I haven't heard a lot of stories where law abiding citizens had their guns taken away, and were not able to get them back.  I'm sure there are a few outliers out there (@BuckCanyonLodge to name one), but it's just not consistent at all.   Unacceptable, but certainly not normal.

The reality is that we don't know why this guy's guns were taken.  For all we know, he made threats to kill someone.  We don't know.  But we do know that he could still be alive today if he didn't pick up a gun in front of police officers and start a fight.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 03:53:01 PM »

The Jews had the same mentality towards an SS officer with a badge.

I wouldn't compare a police officer who is scared for his life to a Nazi SS officer.

I haven't heard a lot of stories where law abiding citizens had their guns taken away, and were not able to get them back.  I'm sure there are a few outliers out there (@BuckCanyonLodge to name one), but it's just not consistent at all.   Unacceptable, but certainly not normal.

The reality is that we don't know why this guy's guns were taken.  For all we know, he made threats to kill someone.  We don't know.  But we do know that he could still be alive today if he didn't pick up a gun in front of police officers and start a fight.

IMO this becomes a burden of proof issue to exorcise your rights. It would have made a better test case if he had complied... How much time and $ do you think is should cost to Prove you innocence? What kind of recompense should you receive if the person who turned you in was not truthful?

This isnt a snide retort but a real question. It has huge implications if all of a sudden this is expanded.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »
Who knows if he was crazy or not. Complaints could be set against anyone, a supposed friend, neighbor, family member, ex... can make a claim they fear for your safety and feel you're a danger to yourself and the community. Zero proof needed. No due process. Not good

Offline Badhabit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 04:26:29 PM »
Very troubling story. The caller could have set him for the deadly encounter with the police. Now just wait the caller will hire an attorney and claim wrongful death and get a big payout. If it happened in Washington the officer involved in the shooting could face criminal charges with the passing of the latest initiative 940.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 04:32:05 PM »
You guys should read up on how a red flag order is granted.It goes in front of a judge and he decides if there is probable cause to carry out the order.Do you think the judges and prosecutors don't remind the person making the complaint that they will be prosecuted for making false complaints.?Common sense seems to be in short supply,but then the cops are Nazis so why am I surprised.

Offline Badhabit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 04:41:36 PM »
my bad.

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »
You guys should read up on how a red flag order is granted.It goes in front of a judge and he decides if there is probable cause to carry out the order.Do you think the judges and prosecutors don't remind the person making the complaint that they will be prosecuted for making false complaints.?Common sense seems to be in short supply,but then the cops are Nazis so why am I surprised.

Probable cause based on what exactly? Because someone says so?

Common sense in short supply? Cops are Nazis? You must be a real joy to be around with your opinion of others.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 05:24:07 PM »
Did you show up late?

Probable cause based on what exactly? Because someone says so?

Common sense in short supply? Cops are Nazis? You must be a real joy to be around with your opinion of others.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »
Just to be clear,I am the only one so far actually defending the cops shooting this moron.Also the last person that would call cops Nazis.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »

Please provide the legaleeze link Id be happy to read it.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal