collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Freedman fossil fuel royalty change front man to fund the WDFW gap.  (Read 5472 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
This was highlighted  on the departments FB page.

http://www.conservationnw.org/evergreen-state-in-red-wdfw-budget/?fbclid=IwAR1y1-zBysMf-aPhQWGOgyrZD4I0lsCwzfvrew6mYXxfKkt1-13A55vikS4

It appears that the department wants to make Mitch Freedman the front man to push for a fossil fuel tax to fund the department. Im kind of beside myself, and not really sure what to make of it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:39:57 AM by Special T »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Bill W

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
Re: Mitch Freedman fossil fuel tax front man to fund the WDFW gap.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:56:23 AM »
I think the state should stop grabbing tax funds for fluff programs.  That money should go to WDFW as the state should have a requirement to fund that department.

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 11:08:04 AM »
The DNR has already asked for 90 million for Orca recovery.  The Wdfw will break there calculator adding up all the money they are going to ask for.  I just hope that important things in the Wdfw budget are not sacrificed for this huge Orca recovery money pit.  :twocents:
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
I guess I'm a little dense.  I read the article, and I just do not see any mention of a "fossil fuel tax".  I do see mention of an effort to "allocate a portion of federal fossil fuel royalties to state and tribal fish and wildlife grants".  To me that is saying that there are federal dollars from already existing royalties that could be diverted to help fund the WDFW.
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »
Friedman is a self admitted eco terrorist and a con artist perfecting his scam on the poor tax payers and sportsmen in the PNW. He’s laughing all the way to the bank. Can’t believe the suckers buy into his lies.

Look at the last decade, the most recent California,  of wild lands destruction by uncontrollable fires to see the results of his folly and CNW’s radical unscientific eco agenda. No need to even mention wolves:)

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 11:14:12 AM »
Has a better representative come forward to address the issue of underfunding our state's department of fish and wildlife?
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 11:15:45 AM »
WDFW needs to kick CNW out of its bed.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 11:21:20 AM »
Has a better representative come forward to address the issue of underfunding our state's department of fish and wildlife?

That thought has merit, unfortunately CNW will reach a lot of tree hugging "save the Orca's" liberal types.   

They might get the carbon tax to pass next time.  How much is that going to cost taxpayers? 

What I want to know is how much is Mitch going to cost WDFW?   They paid over 1m to that facilitator who's accomplished what exactly? 

How much is Mitch going to cost WDFW

@MitchFriedman

Offline CGDucksandDeer

• Tracker
  • Groups: cgducksanddeer
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 11:31:24 AM »
No one is proposing an individual "fossil fuel tax" to help fund WDFW. If you were referring to the Recovering America's Wildlife Act, that's a proposal working through Congress similar to the Land and Water Conservation Fund that would direct $26 million in wildlife funding to Washington state (and varying funds to all other states). But it's not the core issue at hand here locally.

The agency, and various stakeholder groups from Hunters Heritage Council and Mule Deer Foundation to CNW, Audubon and Illwaco Charter Association, is seeking significantly increased appropriations from the state General Fund to take the bulk of the funding burden off hunters and anglers
, as well as modest fee increases (for example annual combo license fee increases would be between approximately $13.75 and $17.57).

Recommended reading:

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/sports/outdoors-wdfw-budget-woes-could-be-forestalled-in-future/
(includes description of Recovering America's Wildlife Act)
http://nwsportsmanmag.com/wdfw-budget-panel-urges-commission-to-revisit-fee-increase-proposal/

http://nwsportsmanmag.com/wdfw-commission-decides-on-15-percent-fee-hike-after-all-but-with-caps/

https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/outdoors/inside-the-outdoors-why-you-should-support-dfw-budget-solutions/article_f9d98937-f48a-5b38-bb17-c2474a8e0467.html?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:07:48 PM by CGDucksandDeer »

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 11:36:35 AM »
I guess I'm a little dense.  I read the article, and I just do not see any mention of a "fossil fuel tax".  I do see mention of an effort to "allocate a portion of federal fossil fuel royalties to state and tribal fish and wildlife grants".  To me that is saying that there are federal dollars from already existing royalties that could be diverted to help fund the WDFW.

Perhaps i read it wrong or differently. If the funds are diverted for "Conservation" surely they will ask for more to make it up some how... Perhaps it is just changing priorities in spending but I dont know of many agencies that are willing to forgo a revenue stream.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 11:39:46 AM »

Most BPAG members signed onto a letter we sent to the Fish and Wildlife Commission that makes our case for more funding, suggesting 25 percent of the gap be filled by increased license fees, and the rest from the state’s general fund. I’m working with other BPAG members to make the case directly to legislators, and when the time’s right during the upcoming legislative session, we will ask for your help in that process.

Many of us on the BPAG hope to help develop a proposal for a new source of sustainable revenue that will further support the conservation and recreation needs of the department. The challenge is Washington’s tax code is already so regressive—with most revenue coming from sales taxes that disproportionately hit lower-income people—that adding a special tax anywhere would add to the inequity. We are, however, pursuing an idea for a voluntary stamp or sticker that would be collaboratively marketed by outdoor retailers and others, with the revenue restricted to conservation purposes.

We are also actively supporting federal legislation, the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act, which would allocate a portion of federal fossil fuel royalties to state and tribal fish and wildlife grants.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Freedman fossil fuel royalty change front man to fund the WDFW gap.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 11:41:24 AM »
I changed the title to attempt to more closely describe the article...

Perhaps i just find it troubling that He is the person Highlighted by the department.

Confucius

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 01:05:10 PM »
Nothing in the Orca plan will help fisherman, either commercial or recreational.  It will suck money, suck quota and become the spotted owl of the sea I am afraid.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 01:31:28 PM »
Nothing in the Orca plan will help fisherman, either commercial or recreational.  It will suck money, suck quota and become the spotted owl of the sea I am afraid.
It has inland implications too regarding waterways and dams, remember we had a fish bio in central wa get chased up a tree doing salmon streams survey work

sent from the telephone

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 01:51:23 PM »
Yep, they have already talked about climate change, pollution, runoff, it’s the holy grail for pushing regulations that can’t even pass initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal