collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The beast has arrived (electric sausage stuffer)  (Read 8141 times)

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: The beast has arrived (electric sausage stuffer)
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 05:33:41 PM »
The only concern I have would be the smaller sized snack sticks. Besides the 5 lb manual stuffers like LEM, I've never seen a big stuffer able to consistently do them without spending a couple grand.......

that's going to be a challenge, good news is this thing slows waaaaay down.  With the rheostat all the way down it stops, raise it a tad and I can hear it going but I can't see the plunger move. 

maybe?  *crosses fingers*

I'm excited to hear.  How about you try it with 5 lbs tonight and give a good report so
 I can order one ASAP :chuckle:

Offline TommyH

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »
 :tup:   Holy cow they are expensive! I’ll have to stick to the Armstrong.
It’s about that time to make some sausage !   :drool:

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 07:42:17 PM »
I have a 11lb stuffer from Cabelas, they used to offer a bolt on electric motor for it, I need to look in to it again  :tup:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 08:01:10 PM »
The only concern I have would be the smaller sized snack sticks. Besides the 5 lb manual stuffers like LEM, I've never seen a big stuffer able to consistently do them without spending a couple grand.......

that's going to be a challenge, good news is this thing slows waaaaay down.  With the rheostat all the way down it stops, raise it a tad and I can hear it going but I can't see the plunger move. 

I'm excited to hear.  How about you try it with 5 lbs tonight and give a good report so

5lbs?   most of that would be on the bottom of the stuffer and in the tube  :chuckle:

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 08:25:18 PM »

5lbs?   most of that would be on the bottom of the stuffer and in the tube  :chuckle:

From that video, it was a half ounce left......  hence part of the reason I need one :chuckle:

Offline merkaba93

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 12:34:02 AM »
DANG! How did I miss this post.
Dude that is awesome.
Be Better than Cream of Mushroom Soup

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 08:16:20 AM »
I noticed this one on Amazon had the same controls, essentially the same exact thing for half the price

And twice the lead, mercury, and other heavy metal content. 

Just funnin' you.  Hope it works out great.

I got 2 more hogs to do here pretty soon, it won't be a long wait.  I waited too long myself  :chuckle:

Add a shotgun to the hogs and the sausage stuffer and you have quite the daughter-boyfriend deterrent package going.

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 09:17:37 AM »
Ya baby!
Man, next time I'm stuffing 20 pounds of salami with my 5 pound manual stuffer, I'm gonna have some serious stuffer envy!
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »
Well I got 390 lbs of hog hanging in my shop, won't be long till I try out the stuffer and new mixer.

I picked up a Hakka 60lb mixer.  I wanted the cabela's mixer to go with my carnivore grinder but the reviews were terrible!   I seen youtube vids of the bearing races, broken gears, cracked and crappy quality control.  It seems that the new cabela's branded mixers have been changed recently for the worse.  I couldn't bring myself to risk it as I'm terrible at sending things back for refunds and the nearest cabela's store is like a 3hr drive one way. 

The Hakka mixer is a beast.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:59:36 AM by KFhunter »

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »
Everyone helps :)

Made a custom pork prime rib style roast

sent from the telephone

Offline Buzz2401

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »
Ya I bought a 15lb (non motorized) stuffer off ebay three years ago for $95 was skeptical because all the other name brand ones were over $300.  It has held up great and wished I would have bought one years before. Its 10x better then using grinder to stuff.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 12:43:46 PM »
This stuffer leaves about 1/2 inch of meat on the bottom, between that and the horn (largest tube used) its 4 lbs if meat not stuffed.  Its was dry sticky sausage w/o water for breakfast but that wouldnt matter as its auto stop.  Gonna see if I can adjust the auto stop to go a bit lower down.  I wouldnt say this stuffer is good for small batches.

sent from the telephone

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 11:34:48 AM »
This stuffer leaves about 1/2 inch of meat on the bottom, between that and the horn (largest tube used) its 4 lbs if meat not stuffed.  Its was dry sticky sausage w/o water for breakfast but that wouldnt matter as its auto stop.  Gonna see if I can adjust the auto stop to go a bit lower down.  I wouldnt say this stuffer is good for small batches.

sent from the telephone

My 11lb stuffer does the same thing, leaves about 1.5 lbs I. The bottom and horn. I looked up on YouTube and  this what I found.
1, after you bottom out, put a towel in a plastic bag,  put it in the stuffer between meat meat and stuffer head, push out more meat. Found this works OK, sometimes you need to re position the towel and bag to get the meat from edge to center.
2, one guy sprayed the inside of the tub with nonstick and sprayed foam in it to make a mold. Uses the mold at the end to a push out the last of the meat and seams to be the most effective but time consuming to make mold.
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 04:08:41 PM »
I'm going to try the towel in a bag idea but I think I need to be careful as to not dent the bottom of the stuffer with a towel wrinkle, it's not a super thick bottom,  I think I could push it if things weren't even and flat across the bottom. 

Maybe a cutting board will be sacrificed, one's that's about 1/2 inch thick, cut round to fit the bottom.

I could also unscrew the pushing foot from the plunger shaft some, it's a stud that screws up into the bottom of the pushing shaft so I can remove and clean the pushing foot.  If I unscrewed it and put in a spacer and longer stud that would put the pushing foot right on the bottom.   

Unfortunately it would also make the tub a bit harder to tip out and remove as it's fairly tight on the top already when trying to refill or remove the tub. < wouldn't matter, when the plunger comes up it hits a shut off button, so I could add spacers to lower the plunger foot. 

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:47:20 PM by KFhunter »

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2018, 04:22:39 PM »
home made playdough wrapped in stretchy seran wrap :tup: 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal