collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Picked up my shorthair pup  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels/ Tuxedo's Outdoor Adventures
    • Tuxedo Kennels
Re: Picked up my shorthair pup
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 11:56:33 AM »
John B,
May I suggest you go back to Scott and get some advice on what to do with your pup.  The Solly / Omega litter is a phenomenal breeding and they are a lot of dog that in my opinion is more dog then most people can handle.  Their drive is unreal. (Just the kind I like).   reading your posts and looking at your pictures you need some help.  Please don't take this wrong but you will not get the help you need from the Internet trainers.  Your dog is better then that.
How do I know this? I have a full litter mate of yours that has been in for training the past two months and another full litter mate coming in this next weekend.
You have done your research and got one of the best you can get.  Do the same with your training.  I to my knowledge have never met Scott, but what he has developed in his breeding program is second to none.  Anyone looking for a GSP should consider a Von Sage Brush dog.
just my .02...   

Offline John B

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Master Hunter, NRA, DU
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 06:00:24 PM »
Buckhunt
 Congrats on the pup! I'm pretty new to this myself, so no real pro tips.

Bluemoon
 Scott's a great guy, and breeds some great dogs. I was stopping by to visit the litter pretty regularly during the season, he gave me a few training tips.

I met Jim Cochran out of fall city at the sportsman's show. He offers weekly sessions, I may give that a try. I'm really enjoying the experience watching her progress, I wouldn't be willing to miss out on that. I'm not interested in dropping my dog off at a trainer, if I could find one to work with me and show me how to do a better job with my pup I would probably pursue that

Offline jagermiester

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • My family is my life
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 10:19:18 PM »
NAVHDA
VHDF

Hunting
Lead em if they're running.

Offline Colin

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 04:36:32 PM »
John B,
May I suggest you go back to Scott and get some advice on what to do with your pup.  The Solly / Omega litter is a phenomenal breeding and they are a lot of dog that in my opinion is more dog then most people can handle.  Their drive is unreal. (Just the kind I like).   reading your posts and looking at your pictures you need some help.  Please don't take this wrong but you will not get the help you need from the Internet trainers.  Your dog is better then that.
How do I know this? I have a full litter mate of yours that has been in for training the past two months and another full litter mate coming in this next weekend.
You have done your research and got one of the best you can get.  Do the same with your training.  I to my knowledge have never met Scott, but what he has developed in his breeding program is second to none.  Anyone looking for a GSP should consider a Von Sage Brush dog.
just my .02...

Bingo!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline John B

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Master Hunter, NRA, DU
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 06:32:28 PM »
Started taking my pup to Jim Cochran in fall city. Went for two training sessions, he really pointed me in the right direction. I've got her collar conditioned and heel trained now. Dropped her off for two weeks for bird introduction, excited to get her back and see what she's learned. It was a little tough leaving her at the kennel, it should pay off though

Offline PaulM

• Tracker
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2019, 10:16:58 AM »
Buck hunt, PM me if you want some help.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]