collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Facebook Group  (Read 6930 times)

Offline brew

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
Re: New Facebook Group
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
What's Facebook ?
beer---it's whats for dinner

Offline Mtnwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 05:18:51 PM »
It will be a bazillion pictures of somebody’s hand next to a track or pictures of poop, just like the other hunting related FB pages

Offline Thehowler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 05:32:14 PM »
What's Facebook ?
[/quote
What I here is it’s 250 of your best friends in the hole wide world that you never see, or talk to away from a computer screen.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
Some people really can't tell the difference.  I think I remember a picture that WB posted of a "wolf"....

I also remember a guy who voted for Hillary  :hello:

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 10:17:01 AM »
Some people really can't tell the difference.  I think I remember a picture that WB posted of a "wolf"....

I also remember a guy who voted for Hillary  :hello:
@MtnMuley   Yes I did, and I would again.  I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread though? 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:17:56 PM by jackelope »

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »
You should of shot them two coyotes, the state says there are no wolves in that area.

You’re advocating for illegal activity all over this forum with this nonsense, which is against the rules here.  Time to knock it off.

Coyote hunting is legal, and plus WDFW say there are no wolves in the area, and as You know WDFW are always so honest.

@wolfbait
WDFW says there are no moose in Carnation, WA. Does that mean I can shoot a moose there and say it must be a deer because there are no moose in Carnation, WA? It's legal to deer hunt there.
Let's at least try to discuss these things intelligently.

You might want to brush up on you animal identifying methods jack, quite a difference between a moose and a deer, and then use your Best judgment. On another note you have always been a wolf advocated for WDFW etc. they would probably just look the other way, and haul it off to feed some of their wolves.

Some years ago I heard about a guy over in the Okanogan that shot a coyote, when he got up to it he realized it was a collared wolf, and just think WDFW claimed there were no wolves in the area. Stuff happens jack, darn it anyway...

How long until WDFW delist wolves?

The public is/and will end up doing the wolf control for WA one way or another, it's not a hidden topic anymore, people are fed up.

I'd like to think most could tell the difference between a wolf and a coyote too, but we both know that's not the case.

I'm not advocating for wolves... I am advocating for common sense though...and it seems common sense would prevail. If it looks like a wolf, has the shape and size of a wolf, etc. it's probably a wolf. There's a significant difference between a 100 pound wolf and a 35 pound coyote. Again, some can tell the difference and I guess it's been proven that some can't. When in doubt, it's probably the wisest move to not shoot.

Folks  have witnessed the lack of any "common sense" from WDFW. As I said before people are fed up with watching wolves decimate their hunting, killing their livestock and dogs, while WDFW sit on their arse and pass out one BS line after another.

The feelings of many are not the same as yours jack, and they ARE practicing common sense wolf control dealing with an over population of wolves. ,WDFW refuse to confirm or even acknoledge wolves in many areas, it’s a sick cruel joke on the ungulates and the people of WA.

You talk about law breakers, you should take a closer look at your buddies in WDFW, they spend $$$$$$ protecting wolves that were illegally introduce, which, are slaughtering the game herds, while WDFW refuse to confirm wolves so they can be delisted, slow walk wolf control in wolf/livestock predation, how is that following the law?? Where is the “common sense” with WDFW?? An what in the heck happened to the common sense wolf plan?

At this stage in the game there aren’t too many people that think the wolves were brought in and then protected for the benefit of wolves, the jig is up, pubic opinion of wolves has turned against the wolves and morphed into public wolf control. 

I might add there are several inside WDFW that feel the same as many of us, meaning they agree with the pubic control that has been happening. They don’t agree with WDFW actions in protecting wolves over ungulates, livestock and as we saw this summer, people. Hows that for common sense jack?

I knew I would hear from you soon wacoyote, you are like jackelopes shadow.

I have posted a few wolf pictures on H-W, and one coyote, how many wolf pictures have you posted wacoyote? Or can’t you show them on H-W?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 01:16:42 PM »
You should of shot them two coyotes, the state says there are no wolves in that area.

You’re advocating for illegal activity all over this forum with this nonsense, which is against the rules here.  Time to knock it off.

Coyote hunting is legal, and plus WDFW say there are no wolves in the area, and as You know WDFW are always so honest.

@wolfbait
WDFW says there are no moose in Carnation, WA. Does that mean I can shoot a moose there and say it must be a deer because there are no moose in Carnation, WA? It's legal to deer hunt there.
Let's at least try to discuss these things intelligently.

You might want to brush up on you animal identifying methods jack, quite a difference between a moose and a deer, and then use your Best judgment. On another note you have always been a wolf advocated for WDFW etc. they would probably just look the other way, and haul it off to feed some of their wolves.

Some years ago I heard about a guy over in the Okanogan that shot a coyote, when he got up to it he realized it was a collared wolf, and just think WDFW claimed there were no wolves in the area. Stuff happens jack, darn it anyway...

How long until WDFW delist wolves?

The public is/and will end up doing the wolf control for WA one way or another, it's not a hidden topic anymore, people are fed up.

I'd like to think most could tell the difference between a wolf and a coyote too, but we both know that's not the case.

I'm not advocating for wolves... I am advocating for common sense though...and it seems common sense would prevail. If it looks like a wolf, has the shape and size of a wolf, etc. it's probably a wolf. There's a significant difference between a 100 pound wolf and a 35 pound coyote. Again, some can tell the difference and I guess it's been proven that some can't. When in doubt, it's probably the wisest move to not shoot.

Folks  have witnessed the lack of any "common sense" from WDFW. As I said before people are fed up with watching wolves decimate their hunting, killing their livestock and dogs, while WDFW sit on their arse and pass out one BS line after another.

The feelings of many are not the same as yours jack, and they ARE practicing common sense wolf control dealing with an over population of wolves. ,WDFW refuse to confirm or even acknoledge wolves in many areas, it’s a sick cruel joke on the ungulates and the people of WA.

You talk about law breakers, you should take a closer look at your buddies in WDFW, they spend $$$$$$ protecting wolves that were illegally introduce, which, are slaughtering the game herds, while WDFW refuse to confirm wolves so they can be delisted, slow walk wolf control in wolf/livestock predation, how is that following the law?? Where is the “common sense” with WDFW?? An what in the heck happened to the common sense wolf plan?

At this stage in the game there aren’t too many people that think the wolves were brought in and then protected for the benefit of wolves, the jig is up, pubic opinion of wolves has turned against the wolves and morphed into public wolf control. 

I might add there are several inside WDFW that feel the same as many of us, meaning they agree with the pubic control that has been happening. They don’t agree with WDFW actions in protecting wolves over ungulates, livestock and as we saw this summer, people. Hows that for common sense jack?

I have posted a few wolf pictures on H-W, and one coyote, how many wolf pictures have you posted wacoyote? Or can’t you show them on H-W?

Wolfbait...let's try and have a reasonable discussion. My comments don't have anyting to do specifically with wolf control.  I don't know anybody in WDFW specific to wolves. I'm not buddies with anyone in WDFW. I'm sick of wolves too. I can't stand the fact that they're decimating our moose in the NE and ruining our elk herds. The fact you can't seem to ever get past this boggles my mind. You've been picking on me with the same comments for years. They're old, they're unfounded and they don't make a lick of sense. You've been babbling the same nonsense for years. The only reason I even commented is because of the dumb comments about it being ok to shoot wolves because WDFW says there are no wolves in a certain area and they "must be coyotes." Saying stuff, or promoting stuff like that, is really dumb and irresponsible. Telling me I need to brush up on my wildlife ID when I essentially use the same example with a different animals is also confusing to me, as you're saying pretty much the same thing. Coyotes are like 30-40 pounds. Wolves are not. If you see an 80-100 pound coyote running around, it's a fairly safe bet that you're probably not looking at a coyote and shooting it because some receptionist at WDFW said there aren't any documented in that area is dumb. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, and saying it doesn't mean I'm in bed with the WDFW.

If folks don't know that and don't recognize that, maybe they should put the hunting gear away for the year and fire up the x-box.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline bradslam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 01:36:18 PM »
Jackalope, are you actually asking Wolfbait to have a reasonable discussion...that's funny.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:49 PM »
Jackalope, are you actually asking Wolfbait to have a reasonable discussion...that's funny.
It's the art of de escalation.  He learned about it from his buddies at the WDFW.  :chuckle:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 01:57:29 PM »

Lol- I haven't posted many wolf pictures at all.  I get a few on trail camera now and then, but I don't spend near as much time on here ranting about them as you do. 

I can't remember a single wolf picture from you.... Ever.  I remember the picture of the dead cow with a handful of guys standing around, you've shared that one a hundred times....but never a wolf picture.  Jog my memory.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2018, 05:02:17 PM »

Lol- I haven't posted many wolf pictures at all.  I get a few on trail camera now and then, but I don't spend near as much time on here ranting about them as you do. 

I can't remember a single wolf picture from you.... Ever.  I remember the picture of the dead cow with a handful of guys standing around, you've shared that one a hundred times....but never a wolf picture.  Jog my memory.

Here's a few, if I remember right I posted some trail cam pictures in the 2009 or there a bouts, you must have a selective memory wacoyote...

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,225962.30.html

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2018, 08:07:33 PM »
Hey you're right.  Sorry about that. 

Offline Goshawk

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »
Facebook is easily manipulated as well...just say'n

I'm betting it's Russian Hackers trying to influence the wolf vote....
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline Goshawk

• Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »
Why is a group like this necessary? You can report wolf sightings online with the WDFW. Reinventing the wheel?
https://wdfw.maps.arcgis.com/apps/GeoForm/index.html?appid=0947b569eb24413097ebf65abd1fb90d Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the sightings in downtown Seattle...  I'm sure they are west in some numbers, but I also know wolf/dog pups were very popular with the meth heads a few years back. They sold pups for dope money. Once they went to jail often the adults were all but impossible to catch and just ran into the brush. I'm guessing most of those sightings have some husky blood in them rather than a SeaTac wolf pack.
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 07:33:08 AM »
Why is a group like this necessary? You can report wolf sightings online with the WDFW. Reinventing the wheel?
https://wdfw.maps.arcgis.com/apps/GeoForm/index.html?appid=0947b569eb24413097ebf65abd1fb90d Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the sightings in downtown Seattle...  I'm sure they are west in some numbers, but I also know wolf/dog pups were very popular with the meth heads a few years back. They sold pups for dope money. Once they went to jail often the adults were all but impossible to catch and just ran into the brush. I'm guessing most of those sightings have some husky blood in them rather than a SeaTac wolf pack.

Hold the phone here for a second. Are you implying that there are times when folks see a dog that looks like a wolf and some of those times said dog is not actually a wolf?
Blasphemy I say!!!

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

1x scopes vs open sights by nwhunter
[Today at 03:54:47 AM]

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr