collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who here Shot Cinder?  (Read 6712 times)

Offline pashok23

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Who here Shot Cinder?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 10:28:00 PM »
Twice cooked bear???  Works for potatoes.....  Not to mention the natural smoke...... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  Joking of course.   :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Really...just joking.   :peep:
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 04:58:15 AM »
Come on it was released back into the wild what do they think might happen. I have seen other bears with collars like a hunter is going to be able to tell this one from any other and if it was such a representative of the Complex fire put it in a zoo and protect it.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline WildlifeAssassin

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »
The more people that read this article the more it will be promoted. Shhhhh, don’t give the mental midgets any more ammo.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »

im telling you, you want entertainment, read the comments on socail media.  Holy smokes.   I think most of them only read half of the article as well, because most of them didnt get to the part where the meat and hide were taken.

@boneaddict, I've been reading those too.  It's a combination of vegetarians (which I can respect), meat eaters who think hunting is wrong (which I can't), people who didn't actually read the article (which I refuse to), and a few hunters  :tup:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 02:04:51 PM »
I wouldn't report it either!

I seen what the ranchers went through when WDFW culled wolves that were killing livestock.  Death threats on their phones, cut fences, shot cattle, gates left open, salt blocks removed all kinds of bad things started happening with a frequency far beyond a typical ranching year. 

heck with that, and look at the comments on the article,  would you want your name leaked to the public?

Offline Guy

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »
Too bad the hunter didn't just chuck the collar in the trash instead of leaving it there.

Legal game animal, likely taken legally.

Notice how anytime an animal achieves some notoriety, it's a bad thing when it's killed: Cinder the bear, some danged wolf just outside Yellowstone, Charlie the lion or whatever his name was.... Each of those became special cases for the anti-hunters.

My advice? Don't shoot animals that have been named! ;)

Or, toss the collar in the trash.

Guy

Offline bradslam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 05:11:26 PM »
Well they certainly tried their best to humanize the bear and demonize the hunter in this article. Even their admission that everything the hunter did was legal seemed begrudging.  It's so frustrating the way they try to spin everything. And I refuse to read the comments on stories like this...my blood pressure can't take it  :chuckle:

Sorry, but I didn't see anything in the article that tried to demonize the hunter.  Even the rehab people that were quoted seemed very accepting of the situation.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2018, 06:53:10 PM »
Too bad the hunter didn't just chuck the collar in the trash instead of leaving it there.

Legal game animal, likely taken legally.

Notice how anytime an animal achieves some notoriety, it's a bad thing when it's killed: Cinder the bear, some danged wolf just outside Yellowstone, Charlie the lion or whatever his name was.... Each of those became special cases for the anti-hunters.

My advice? Don't shoot animals that have been named! ;)

Or, toss the collar in the trash.

Guy

I was thinking note to self don’t ever shoot an animal that has a name! First bullwinkle, Cecil the lion and now cinder! You are supposed to hook those collars to mud Flap on a truckers diesel. That way the biologist can have fun explaining how the animal migrated to Alabama   :chuckle:

Offline Odell

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2018, 07:17:29 PM »
I actually think I have a really good idea about who shot him but I wouldn't wish that info getting out on my worst enemy
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 07:21:57 PM »
The animal lovers name a bear, rehabilitate it, release back into the wild, gets legally killed and they come unglued. To bad, so sad.

One other thing, these animal lovers need to stop humanizing these animals and stop naming them. They are wild animals.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »
Good  Lord. Scary what is accepted as reality by some.

SMH
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2018, 07:37:54 PM »
Well they certainly tried their best to humanize the bear and demonize the hunter in this article. Even their admission that everything the hunter did was legal seemed begrudging.  It's so frustrating the way they try to spin everything. And I refuse to read the comments on stories like this...my blood pressure can't take it  :chuckle:

Sorry, but I didn't see anything in the article that tried to demonize the hunter.  Even the rehab people that were quoted seemed very accepting of the situation.

They didn't need too, all they had to do was release the news and let events unfold. 

They could have kept it under wraps and not said anything....

Offline CarbonHunter

• Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, WSB
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »
I actually think I have a really good idea about who shot him but I wouldn't wish that info getting out on my worst enemy

Congratulate him for me on killing a bear.

Offline EmeraldBullet

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2018, 03:52:10 PM »
You guys have to realize that after the movie free willy, which is a fictional story, it 'inspired' the uninformed to stir up a frenzy.  The whale that starred in the movie, and basically only knew captivity in its entire life, was demanded to be flown to iceland or somewhere (where they hunt whales ironically) to be released with its family. Even after many millions of dollars spent the whale could not be taught how to eat in the wild (feed itself), its family swam away from it and it died.

But yeah, once an animal is given a name and a personality, its almost like it becomes a character, not an animal. The way people handle these situations is ridiculous to me.

Offline EmeraldBullet

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2018, 04:00:21 PM »
You guys have to realize that after the movie free willy, which is a fictional story, it 'inspired' the uninformed to stir up a frenzy.  The whale that starred in the movie, and basically only knew captivity in its entire life, was demanded to be flown to iceland or somewhere (where they hunt whales ironically) to be released with its family. Even after many millions of dollars spent the whale could not be taught how to eat in the wild (feed itself), its family swam away from it and it died.

But yeah, once an animal is given a name and a personality, its almost like it becomes a character, not an animal. The way people handle these situations is ridiculous to me.

I think so much of it is a disconnect from actual nature. Most people live in cities these days, few people hunt or fish or even hike. The vast majority of our populations don't understand nature at all, they have never even experienced it for more than a couple hours maybe. And whatever they are shown on TV. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]