collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Luxe tents  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Night goat

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Luxe tents
« on: December 13, 2018, 11:11:04 AM »
Made in China...
Apears that the guy in Forks is just a dealer and didnt develop these tents himself, seems to be part of a buyers group importing them and he is just a vender. I found the chinese site for the tents and they seem to be imported to australia europe and the USA, but from what i could read they are mainly marketed to the Chinese domestic market. Still, I'm considering one, as the price point is very atractive...
Definitely not a Kifaru or Seek, but how bad could they really be? Definitely woild last a season or two right? The company seems new to the market and not much info is really available

Im falling inline with the buy once cry once mentality, but, at half the cost of a Seek tent, my wallet is telling me this isnt the worst deal out there...

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collections/lightweight-camping-tents/products/hexpeak-2p-tent-system

Im thinking that tent and a TiGoat wifi stove...

Forgot to mention that its going to mainly be used by the girlfriend and I, and the dog, we want something light and packable for hiking hunting and backpacking, and also to act in lieu of my Alaknak when we are on short outtings, and on road trips when setting up a big tent is a pain.

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collections/lightweight-camping-tents/products/octopeak-4p-tent-system thats the other tent im looking at from these guys...80$ more and 1lbs heavier

I have to admit, ive been bitten by the ultralight bug... While these might not be a true ultralight, its a start, and we are slowly upgrading to better, lighter, higher quality gear, we figure at least one ofnthe above tents would at least get us out there 

Im just not 100% sold on these tents yet
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:27:50 AM by Night goat »

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: Luxe tents
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 11:31:44 AM »
My boy bought the luxe tent that is their version of the msr hubba hubba for half the money. Used it once on a local 2 nighter and on our Wyoming high country hunt this past year. Never had any weather but it seams like it’s gonna be a great set up for the money spent. Checked out his tipi’s at his showroom & they seem pretty nice to me for half the cost of kifaru & seek. Jake is pretty knowledgeable of all backcountry gear & pretty straight up about the products he has. I wouldn’t be afraid to give them a try.

Offline banishd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 12:30:23 PM »
The 4p tipi is nearly the same dimensions as the SO Cimarron at same price so I do not see the cost savings

Offline Night goat

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 07:25:20 PM »
The 4p tipi is nearly the same dimensions as the SO Cimarron at same price so I do not see the cost savings

guess it helps when you don't add a bunch of addons and just get the basics

still curious about luxe quality

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »
Socked in the luxe habitat this year for 36 hours. Not to shabby. Kepts us dry even with water flowing under the tent
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

Online WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 01:06:06 PM »
Great quality, great pricing, what’s not to like. Love my Megahorn; served us well on an Idaho Hunt this year coupled with a Lite Outdoors Stove. Not as light as some of the other big name brands but material is “thicker” on the Luxe products = tougher IMO.
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal