collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best all around UTV  (Read 4977 times)

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
Re: Best all around UTV
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
Sounds like my exact side by side.....great machine.  I have 1100 miles on mine and it is running strong.  I plow all winter and play all summer.  The plows are amazing!!!!

Offline Matth

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »
Sounds like my exact side by side.....great machine.  I have 1100 miles on mine and it is running strong.  I plow all winter and play all summer.  The plows are amazing!!!!
Mine has been a great machine, i just don't use it all that much. they are to expensive to just have sitting around.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »
The Can am Commanders run very hot in the summer, I had one and got rid of it for that reason.

First off, what are you going to use it for ?

I have a 2018 RZR XP 1000 and absolutely love it. You have the power, can use for hunting and just plain ol' cruising the backroads...
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2018, 08:36:52 AM »
Po Po's are Much improved and I now own one yet I would not compare em to Japanese quality yet.  Like a Toyota/Honda vs a GM or Ford car.  Close no cigar.  Im telling ya guys Kawasaki T-rex is rock solid if that's what ya need.  Sorry but Can ams are NOT tough.  Seen it too many times.  Break all the time if abused a little.  Honda and Yammy would be up there as well in quality.  Honda Trans worries me.  How much are ya gonna spend when it breaks?  $$$.  Belts are $100.  Clutches are wear item as well.

Going to take a hard look at the Kawasaki Mule.  Work/utility is going to be bigger focus that sport/recreation.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2019, 09:08:27 AM »
Don't forget fellas, if you don't have a trailer to fit these HUGE machines you're looking at, new trailer too.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2019, 09:13:57 AM »
Sled deck I am getting

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline aer212

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2019, 09:16:20 AM »
So the consensus is the Polaris are garbage? I was thinking about getting a ranger 1000 northstar. What is breaking on them? Common problems?

Offline bornhunter

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2019, 09:17:02 AM »
A buddy of mine is the local honda dealer and he gave me some good advice also. These side by sides are not like 4 wheelers. You just dont push them out of the mud. Highly recommends a winch for each one he sells.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2019, 09:54:34 AM »
So the consensus is the Polaris are garbage? I was thinking about getting a ranger 1000 northstar. What is breaking on them? Common problems?

We have two polaris at my work and we have replaced axles in both and had to upgrade the cold air intake on one.  They are slugs to say the least and if you have any weight in the back with a grade to pull...you have to 100% make sure you are in 4 low or the belt will slip.   Do they work....Yes?  Would I buy one....No!  They have been money pits for us and have been broke down way to many times. 

Keep in mind these are the polaris ranger 900's AKA a utility SxS.  I am not well versed in their sport line. 

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2019, 09:59:22 AM »
I used to hate Polaris, a lot.  Always broke on people.  Local dealer at loads of em backed up in service for repair and warranty work.  That said sometime around5-7 years ago they started improving.  For sure they have caught up in tech and reliability.  I had a RZR and it was a good machine.  Others have had better reliability with new ones as well.  I now am trying the quads out but I am impressed so far.  Not junk, much better.  If Can Am was as well  built it would likely top Polaris due to leading in tech and design but now they struggle with reliability. :twocents:  My older Honda atv's and Kawa Teryx were very well built and tough/reliable.  Newer honda and Suzuki atv's close second.  Polaris 3rd so far but good.  I have witnessed both Artic Cat Wildcat and Canam Maverick fall apart in pieces on trails and road.  Trans, belts, front diffs, A arms, bearing/joints, axles and more axles.  Did I mention Canams squeak all the time.  Yes WINCH is required!!
MAGA!  Again..

Offline aer212

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2019, 10:30:49 AM »
In September 2014 I bought a new Polaris 550 sportsman brand new and never did a thing to it except put gas in. I mean nothing, no oil changes, air or oil filters or filters of any kind. I sold it with around 400 miles this spring, admittedly not much use but fairly hard use and I couldn’t be more happy with it, that’s why it surprised me that the utvs may not be so good.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal