collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any pointing Labs?  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Colin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Any pointing Labs?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2018, 05:48:45 AM »
Pointing dogs aren't my thing but if i was in the market I'd reach out to the APLA folks here in WA. They have dedicated group of knowledgeable folks who would love to talk dogs with you. I'd also reach out to Julie Knutson (sp?) as she seems to be the go-to trainer for pointing labs.

Get involved with the APLA group their members have dogs from the mentioned kennels and litters are you can attend a training day and see what dogs come from where. Take your time and do your research and it will pay off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Old Dog

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Old Dog
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 10:40:23 AM »
 :yeah:

I am a member of the Northwest Pointing Labrador Club.  Here's a link to our facebook page.  Lots of info there.

The next training day will be sometime in Feb.  Usually they are monthly after that.  We try to spread them around, so everyone can participate. 
Hunt hard and shoot straight!

Offline Carl

• Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »
I have a pup from Old Dog's litter and he's a wonderful dog!  And the members of NWPL club are extremely helpful and a terrific group.

Carl

Offline tank21

• Tracker
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 12:58:04 PM »
I got my pointing lab from Lankas Labs in Kansas.  Fantastic pet and a good hunter (3yrs old)....  I also got a pudelpointer from marshland gun dogs out of MN and he is a great pet and hunter. (1yr)... If you want a versitle dog that is a balls out hunter/pointer and doesn't shed go with a pudelpointer.  Great family dog too.  While I love my lab and currently trust him more in the field, the PP is an absolute stud and will overtake the lab based on drive.  They are both great in the house and I have a 2yr old and a 6 mo old kids.  Great temperament.  (Wife got pregnant and I got a dog each time, some weird nesting right there!)

Offline WAElkhunter89

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
  • Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »
I'll have a litter of chocolates in March.  It will be a second breeding.  The first litter turned out really nice.  All health clearances, and a guarantee.

@Old Dog do you have any pictures of the parents or a link to a website? Possibly looking to add another chocolate lab to our family. Currently have a four year old chocolate female.
Ain't nothing better than the adrenaline you get when seeing an animal in the wild.

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 10:29:05 PM »
Had dinner with Anna of Jazztime tonight. Cant overlook them..
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Old Dog

• Sourdough
  • Groups: Old Dog
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »
I'll have a litter of chocolates in March.  It will be a second breeding.  The first litter turned out really nice.  All health clearances, and a guarantee.

@Old Dog do you have any pictures of the parents or a link to a website? Possibly looking to add another chocolate lab to our family. Currently have a four year old chocolate female.

You can find info on the stud, East Harbor's You Don't Know Jack of TGK JH, here:
http://www.eastharborgundogs.com/id62.html

I've started a facebook page for Jasmine.  https://www.facebook.com/Tiger-Mt-The-Jasmines-in-Bloom-270272623642350/?modal=admin_todo_tour
Hunt hard and shoot straight!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal