collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anti baiting group for ID  (Read 7931 times)

Offline n_mathews13

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: Anti baiting group for ID
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 08:57:53 AM »
“Any ideas on how to better publicize this in north Idaho? ”

For starters, I’d get on board with WBF and become a member. That will help keep up on updates and what we should do.

Just send info to whoever it pertains to that may not know this is going on.
I wondered about as simply and making a flyer and putting it on sporting goods pin up boards
I know joe has a lot of groups and foundations on board already. He will let us know what we can do and when.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 11:19:31 AM »
“Any ideas on how to better publicize this in north Idaho? ”

For starters, I’d get on board with WBF and become a member. That will help keep up on updates and what we should do.

Just send info to whoever it pertains to that may not know this is going on.
I wondered about as simply and making a flyer and putting it on sporting goods pin up boards
I know joe has a lot of groups and foundations on board already. He will let us know what we can do and when.

Flyer sounds good 👍 I will get on board with wbf I agree with bearpaw that their argument is really weak. I am just not sure it matters when you look at what happened in Washington and also how they delayed Idaho state wolf management WAY beyond the original requirements. This stuff gets in the hands of the wrong judge and science and proper management means nothing (especially one in Missoula somehow these things always seem to end up on his desk).The cancelled grizzly  hunt is a prime example of facts meaning nothing. Thanks again for what you’re doing with this I am on board with wbf! I will get it out to my circle of bear hunters who I think are oblivious that this is even happening.

Offline n_mathews13

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 01:43:03 PM »
Sent today:

Hello everyone

Just a quick update on timeline.

Brian Brooks has the Amicus Brief about 1/4 done, and it will take until next week. Sorry about that. Good(ish) news is we have until 30 days after they filed the suit, which was June 5.  So we do have some time to draft it up, send it to our allies and make sure it's good to go.

In the meantime I could use a show of hands/emails who would like to join us on this thing.  If so, I need a quick ONE SENTENCE descriptor of your org. Like this:
Since 1936, the Idaho Wildlife Federation  strives to promote the conservation of Idaho’s wildlife heritage and legacy of sporting opportunities for current and future generations through public education, outreach, advocacy and policy development as Idaho’s largest coalition of sportsmen and wildlife organizations.

Sorry to continually jam up your emails, we are just very concerned over this issue and want to make sure we are doing everything we can.

Let me know if you want included in amicus brief.

Joe Kondelis | President
Western Bear Foundation | PO Box 2044 Cody, WY 82414 |
direct: 307-899-0461 joek@westernbearfoundation.org| www.westernbearfoundation.org |

Offline n_mathews13

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2019, 06:26:44 AM »
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bear-hunting-magazine-podcast/id1436632534?i=1000441015475

Real good podcast on this topic

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Listen to the podcast a couple days ago, good stuff.

Offline n_mathews13

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2020, 01:05:04 PM »
We have been working on this with a few other larger groups including Wyoming Guides and Outfitters, Safari Club, and Idaho Guides and Outfitters. WYOGA has contacted a lawyer on our behalf and we got some good news the other day. Below is a quote from lawyer. As always we are staying up to date on this and will intervene if necessary.  If you have any questions please let us know!

"At this time, the US Forest Service has filed a Motion to Dismiss the Complaint based on a legal argument that the Plaintiff is not legally entitled to request the relief that it has requested.  Based upon this Motion, the Court has entered an Order putting the case on hold until it can decide whether the case should proceed.  Relevant to WOGA, the Court has also dismissed attempts by other parties, including the Idaho Fish & Game, State of Wyoming, and the Safari Club, to intervene in the case.  The thinking is, if the case is dismissed based on the USFS Motion, there is no longer any case in which to intervene.   Therefore, the urgency to determine whether WOGA wants to intervene is lessened.  Since we have some time, and the February Board meeting is coming up soon, I thought we could discuss those options in more detail at that meeting."

Joe Kondelis | President
Western Bear Foundation | PO Box 2044 Cody, WY 82414 |
direct: 307-899-0461 joek@westernbearfoundation.org| www.westernbearfoundation.org |

They emailed this today

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw