collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The KETO thread  (Read 30594 times)

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
Re: The KETO thread
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2019, 01:54:43 PM »
I love cheesecake

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2019, 03:14:48 PM »
With the way my progress is going, I may be off sooner than later as my goal is about 6 lbs away. Those folks looking and and thinking about it, it's pretty easy. My fridge is still full of beer and haven't had a desire to drink beer since getting on keto. Same with candy and soda cravings.

15 lbs in the last month. Walk your ass off at a brisk pace, cut out the crap, hit 10k-15k steps per day. When I say walk, be in the zone. I try to break a sweat everywhere I walk.

My personal trainer is working up an intense plan for me to start next week so this year is off to a good start. Elk better watch out in September. :tup:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »
finally getting the boat anchor outta my butt, hoping my energy levels will continue to raise  :tup:

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2019, 05:06:01 PM »
anyone do keto that is also lactose intolerant? I can't do any dairy
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2019, 05:33:29 PM »
anyone do keto that is also lactose intolerant? I can't do any dairy

Paleo diet?

Whole 30?   
https://www.thekitchn.com/what-you-can-and-cant-eat-on-whole30-239838
What You Can’t Eat on Whole30
This list may feel punitive, but it’s not. And it’s 30 days! You can do it!

1. Dairy
This means no cheese, cow milk, yogurt, cream, sour cream, kefir, and butter. The only exception to this rule is that you can have ghee.

2. Grains
This means no corn, rice, quinoa, wheat, rye, millet, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, bulgur, or sprouted grains.

3. Alcohol
No alcohol for cooking or drinking is to be consumed while doing Whole30. This includes vanilla extract. You can have something like kombucha, however, which does include a very minor amount of alcohol (as long as there isn’t added sugar from outside of fruit juice). Read more about Kombucha restrictions here.

4. Legumes
For 30 days you can’t eat beans of any kind, soy of any kind (including tofu, soy sauce, miso, edamame), chickpeas, peas, lentils, and peanuts.

5. Added Sugar
Don’t consume sugar that is real or artificial during the 30 days. This includes honey, maple syrup, agave, Splenda, xylitol, and Stevia. When it comes to grocery store finds, this one might be the trickiest to avoid. Common household ingredients — like Sriracha — include added sugar. You need to check the label on everything.

6. Carrageenan, MSG, and Sulfites
Avoid processed foods while doing Whole30. If you see these three things on any ingredient list, it’s out.

7. “Junk” Food
This means that you can’t recreate your favorite junk food or baked good recipes even if they use Whole30-compliant ingredients. This is less to do with your physical reactions to food, and more to do with the mental side of things. Don’t try to recreate “pizza crust” out of cauliflower, and don’t make “pancakes” out of eggs and banana.

Offline jaymark6655

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2019, 05:40:37 PM »
Dad is on Keto to combat diabetes, I have been more of a Paleo guy. I fell of the wagon because of the lack of dairy, but getting back on. I was doing pretty low carb on Paleo to aid with the weight loss, didn't get a "flu" but I was very aggressive/irritable for about a week. I think I might add some hard cheeses and butter which are really low on lactose, maybe only eating once a week. I have a pretty awesome chili recipe that should work for Keto. Have to track it down and will post later. I track calories and macros. Just eating normal and restricting calories, I was never able to really lose weight.
"That's the reason we pay $25 for a recoil lug made by a professional instead of one for $0.50 made by Micheal J Fox using a dremel!"

"Women should be treated the same as a French Rifle, dropped at the first sign of trouble."

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2019, 06:17:23 PM »
Dad is on Keto to combat diabetes, I have been more of a Paleo guy. I fell of the wagon because of the lack of dairy, but getting back on. I was doing pretty low carb on Paleo to aid with the weight loss, didn't get a "flu" but I was very aggressive/irritable for about a week. I think I might add some hard cheeses and butter which are really low on lactose, maybe only eating once a week. I have a pretty awesome chili recipe that should work for Keto. Have to track it down and will post later. I track calories and macros. Just eating normal and restricting calories, I was never able to really lose weight.

If you were truly eating less than you were burning, you would have lost weight.

Sorry to hijack the thread
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline northwesthunter84

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2019, 06:28:33 PM »
For those who are lactose intolerant what about goat cheese?

Offline Odell

• Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2019, 06:30:33 PM »
For those who are lactose intolerant what about goat cheese?

Never tried it, does that not have the same reaction as dairy?

Offline northwesthunter84

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2019, 07:56:31 PM »
My buddies daughter could eat it and goat milk no problem, but anything from a cow forget about it. Everything I have read is some people are allergic to lactose and some people get the same reaction but are allergic to other components ie proteins in the cow milk. Might be worth a try. It does taste different but I like it. FWIW I am not lactose intolerant.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2019, 08:14:49 PM »
I think it's pasteurized milk what does it, kills off the stuff people need to properly digest it.   

I grew up on raw cows milk drinking it by the gallons, and making ice cream, butter and anything else we could make at home except cheese, never made cheese. To this day I can chug milk or eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream and not even burp.

My youngest siblings who didn't get the raw cows milk (because they were sold off) can't do dairy, it's interesting how us older siblings have no problem while the younger siblings can't do dairy.

Offline Odell

• Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2019, 09:20:18 PM »
I think it's pasteurized milk what does it, kills off the stuff people need to properly digest it.   

I grew up on raw cows milk drinking it by the gallons, and making ice cream, butter and anything else we could make at home except cheese, never made cheese. To this day I can chug milk or eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream and not even burp.

My youngest siblings who didn't get the raw cows milk (because they were sold off) can't do dairy, it's interesting how us older siblings have no problem while the younger siblings can't do dairy.

Lactose intolerance is something people are born with, it has to do with the small intestines ability to make the enzyme needed to digest milk. Its a sliding scale as to how much an individual can make and so symptoms sometimes don't show up until adulthood. It doesn't have anything to do with pasteurization

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2019, 09:25:57 PM »
I thought raw milk had the enzymes in it, lysosomes.
from google:

Lactase (a member of the beta-galactosidase group of enzymes) splits milk sugar (lactose) into the two simple sugars glucose and galactose. Found exclusively in mammalian milk, lactose is only one sixth as sweet as cane or beet sugar (sucrose).

Many people lose the ability to make lactase as they mature, so must either get it in their food or take supplements to avoid unpleasant side effects (lactose intolerance). Other folks, from regions in Europe, Africa, India and the Middle East, through a helpful genetic mutation, produce the enzyme in their intestinal tracts, even as adults. The lactase in raw milk, present from bacterial synthesis, appears to be inactivated by the pasteurization/homogenization processes.

Seems we're both correct  :tup:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:31:27 PM by KFhunter »

Offline skeeter 20i

• Longhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2019, 06:33:18 AM »
With the way my progress is going, I may be off sooner than later as my goal is about 6 lbs away. Those folks looking and and thinking about it, it's pretty easy. My fridge is still full of beer and haven't had a desire to drink beer since getting on keto. Same with candy and soda cravings.

15 lbs in the last month. Walk your ass off at a brisk pace, cut out the crap, hit 10k-15k steps per day. When I say walk, be in the zone. I try to break a sweat everywhere I walk.

My personal trainer is working up an intense plan for me to start next week so this year is off to a good start. Elk better watch out in September. :tup:

:tup:  I was told "carbs cause carb cravings" I know it's anecdotal but it seems to be true for me anyway, I just don't crave beer and junk food since I've been on the diet.  Nice going on the progress, I've found as you get closer to leaning out the loss slows down a bit but it is still there.  I was blown away at the miles I covered last year hunting I couldn't have done it when I was almost 50lb heavier.
"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion."

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2019, 06:53:54 AM »
For me, carbs do cause cravings.  Your blood sugar goes up, insulin goes in, blood sugar goes down and that triggers hunger.  I would always wonder why I would sit down for a great meal of salmon and rice, eat a huge portion and then be hungry literally an hour later when my stomach was still full.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]