collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The KETO thread  (Read 30733 times)

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
Re: The KETO thread
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2019, 06:55:51 AM »
Anyone ever look at the Plant Paradox. Pretty interesting info. I find I cant stick to one "diet" plan so I kind of take the good parts of a few different concepts.

Offline chiwawadan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2019, 01:15:47 PM »
Costco Rotisserie Chicken. $4.99 before tax. Zero carbs. Probably 2000 calories.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2019, 02:54:02 PM »
Costco Rotisserie Chicken. $4.99 before tax. Zero carbs. Probably 2000 calories.
Had one for dinner last night.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »
Only on day four but surprisingly I am not craving carbs like I thought I would. I feel really good too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2019, 04:26:10 PM »
https://www.castironketo.net/blog/keto-enchilada-meatball-skillet

Here is a good one!  I used ground venison instead of ground chicken.  It was pretty good!
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline jaymark6655

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2019, 05:07:00 PM »
Dad is on Keto to combat diabetes, I have been more of a Paleo guy. I fell of the wagon because of the lack of dairy, but getting back on. I was doing pretty low carb on Paleo to aid with the weight loss, didn't get a "flu" but I was very aggressive/irritable for about a week. I think I might add some hard cheeses and butter which are really low on lactose, maybe only eating once a week. I have a pretty awesome chili recipe that should work for Keto. Have to track it down and will post later. I track calories and macros. Just eating normal and restricting calories, I was never able to really lose weight.

If you were truly eating less than you were burning, you would have lost weight.

Sorry to hijack the thread

Seems like it should be that simple, but bread, pasta, or beer and I won't lose weight even if I am under.
"That's the reason we pay $25 for a recoil lug made by a professional instead of one for $0.50 made by Micheal J Fox using a dremel!"

"Women should be treated the same as a French Rifle, dropped at the first sign of trouble."

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2019, 05:26:02 PM »
Dad is on Keto to combat diabetes, I have been more of a Paleo guy. I fell of the wagon because of the lack of dairy, but getting back on. I was doing pretty low carb on Paleo to aid with the weight loss, didn't get a "flu" but I was very aggressive/irritable for about a week. I think I might add some hard cheeses and butter which are really low on lactose, maybe only eating once a week. I have a pretty awesome chili recipe that should work for Keto. Have to track it down and will post later. I track calories and macros. Just eating normal and restricting calories, I was never able to really lose weight.

If you were truly eating less than you were burning, you would have lost weight.

Seems like it should be that simple, but bread, pasta, or beer and I won't lose weight even if I am under.

That is physically impossible and proven by science and biology. Not trying to argue but just stating. Often it turns out to a tracking problem with carbs
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2019, 05:30:19 PM »

That is physically impossible and proven by science and biology. Not trying to argue but just stating. Often it turns out to a tracking problem with carbs

No, seriously, he is immune to the laws of thermodynamics.  His body literally creates matter out of nothing.  Quick, somebody call nasa.  Get them studying this guy and the worlds energy troubles are solved!

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2019, 05:36:23 PM »
I feel like I should say I have nothing against Keto if it works for a person and they feel good following it. I just like to remind people that it isn’t a miracle diet that gets a person to magically lose weight. The basics of our body’s chemistry and how we use the foods we consume still holds true no matter how you structure your eating.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2019, 05:44:13 PM »

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2019, 05:54:35 PM »

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2019, 06:01:33 PM »
I was especially interested in the effects it has on the brain when switching from glucose fuel to ketones to fuel it, it seems to have a very positive effect on things like Parkinson's and other central nervous system disorders.  It would be interesting to see if it helps familial tremors.  (old people with shaky hands)

Offline Pnwrider

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2019, 07:32:58 PM »
anyone do keto that is also lactose intolerant? I can't do any dairy
You would do really well on keto. If you follow any of the doctors that are pro keto (dr Berg, Dom d’agostino, etc) they actually warn about too much dairy having negative effects.

Offline jaymark6655

• Sourdough
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2019, 07:35:01 PM »

No, seriously, he is immune to the laws of thermodynamics.  His body literally creates matter out of nothing.  Quick, somebody call nasa.  Get them studying this guy and the worlds energy troubles are solved!

Hopefully your a better engineer than a dietitian or doctor. Alcohol can stall your metabolism and if you aren't burning it, you're storing it. As for bread, I was in a program that was ran by doctors and dietitians. Breads were reintroduced in week 6 and if your weight loss stopped you just happened to be one of the unlucky people that should avoid breads and pastas and it was removed from your meal plans. Not trying to argue here, just telling you what I experienced. Usually I won't start losing weight until a week after eating it. I can eat rice though  :dunno:
"That's the reason we pay $25 for a recoil lug made by a professional instead of one for $0.50 made by Micheal J Fox using a dremel!"

"Women should be treated the same as a French Rifle, dropped at the first sign of trouble."

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2019, 08:09:02 AM »

Hopefully your a better engineer than a dietitian or doctor. Alcohol can stall your metabolism and if you aren't burning it, you're storing it. As for bread, I was in a program that was ran by doctors and dietitians. Breads were reintroduced in week 6 and if your weight loss stopped you just happened to be one of the unlucky people that should avoid breads and pastas and it was removed from your meal plans. Not trying to argue here, just telling you what I experienced. Usually I won't start losing weight until a week after eating it. I can eat rice though  :dunno:

That stinks. You are an outlier versus the normal. I wonder what causes your body to treat them differently? Be interested to know

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal