collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 experienced hunter with good maner moved from SoCo looking for some Varmints!  (Read 2484 times)

Offline dzwhisky@gmail.com

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/whiskydz
  • Groups: NRA
Happy new year, I am happy to have my second new year and Christmas in this pretty evergreen land of freedom, dump the 10 rd mag and got the CPL! My great friend Tony and I are looking for some Varmints control activities! We heard a lot of story about Deer's and Elk's population declining due to the cats and dogs, and some farms are infected by bunnies. If anyone knows where to get em or having friends are suffering, please let us know! We will be glad to help to take care of em :chuckle:. I am not asking for the honey holes or any sweet location but some general information. I knew asking for location is rude in our community, but we are kind of blind in our new homeland and got no hunter friends here to hang out with. We lived in the Tacoma area, anywhere within 5 hours is good for us, and if somebody around this area is looking for some hunting buddy, please count us in! In the end, please have another great year with the great hunt! Feel free to email me at dzwhisky@gmail.com
With Regards,
Sean.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
Welcome back!! Is that manner or manure? :chuckle:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
Come to the northeast side and you can have all the coyotes, lions, and bears cough cough wolves cough you want! Can’t be much help where you’re at though.

Funny how the grass is always greener. A bunch here wanna move to Idaho and Montana to get away from all the laws yet you think it’s the land of the free coming from commiefornia!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline AWS

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Traker0721 did you move?  I thought you were in CO.  I was hoping once I get settled in my new digs we could get together in CO for a combo coyote hunt.  My Daughter and granddaughter live in southern CO and I'm spending more time there.  Killed a coyote SE of Pueblo over TGD.
After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
Yeah I’m leaving next week back to Republic WA. Seems we’re flipping areas!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline ThomMedic

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: evergreen sportsmen club, little rock, wa
Seen more coyotes in and around Roy/McKenna than anywhere else this side of the state. Down side - have to be careful where you hunt, private property and such. I have seen a lot of poop from coyotes and bear on JBLM. Skookumchuck Dam is filled, but they are primarily nocturnal.

I am always open to go out in my free time. Good luck.

• Pilgrim
Thx for all replies, gonna do some scouting today!

• Pilgrim
Seen more coyotes in and around Roy/McKenna than anywhere else this side of the state. Down side - have to be careful where you hunt, private property and such. I have seen a lot of poop from coyotes and bear on JBLM. Skookumchuck Dam is filled, but they are primarily nocturnal.

I am always open to go out in my free time. Good luck.

Thank you, good guy! I got the hunter x, so I guess it will help a little bit! We will have time at weekends, maybe we can hang out sometimes!

Offline AWS

• Sourdough
There is quite a bit of public lands in WA.  WA Fish and Game has maps of "Feel free to Hunt" land and BLM has public Lands maps plus you can get public lands chips for your GPS( I use one from Kirsch outdoors) .  Most of us have put in the boot time to find good hunting.  It is too easy to find good hunting without having to ask for people to hold your hand.  I hunt on an average of 5 states a year for predators, even in states I don't live in I can find GOOD predator hunting on my own.  With all the info available on the net, Google Earth, County Assessor GSI Mapping, F&G Mapping, GPS Chips it is hard to believe that someone is even asking for hunting spots.

Make mine a Minaska

• Pilgrim
Thank you for your guide, I guess it is a little bit different than what we used to do. Your information is really helpful. We spent a lot of time in the boots too, but have no luck except ducks. In Cali, there is opening everywhere, and it is much easier than the forest.

Offline AWS

• Sourdough
I can understand that, when I moved from the forest of northern MN and WI, I told my hunting partner back home, " It's just like back there except they threw in UP and Down".

My BinL from there says duck hunting on the coast is " Like duck hunting in the shower with the cold water turned on".

Make mine a Minaska

• Pilgrim
It is icing cold, I really missed the Cali desert bunnies hunt, use anything any cal to have fun.

Offline HoofsandWings

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
  • RETIRED
What about the desert unit?
Gathering is easy. Hunting is a challenge.
WSF, WCA, RMEF, Rooster Booster, NWTF, NRA

Offline AWS

• Sourdough
I've killed a lot of coyotes there but it is hunted hard.  With my rig I can camp just about anywhere and there are a lot of parking lots  out there, some with privies.  Fun place to spend a week.

Make mine a Minaska

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal