collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW final recommendations for 2009-11  (Read 14106 times)

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: WDFW final recommendations for 2009-11
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
THEY SHOULDN"T BE POLTICING AT ALL!!!!  They should be managing wildlife through SCIENTIFIC METHODS!!  That is you guys fricken problem you have LOST YOUR FOCUS and BEARING.  It's frustrating, I grew up with one of the best run Fish and Game Department in Missouri, they worked with sportsmen and farmers and managed the wildlife, not the polititcians.     :bash: :bash:
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline InsideWDFW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
    • WDFW
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2009, 10:03:25 PM »
THEY SHOULDN"T BE POLTICING AT ALL!!!!  They should be managing wildlife through SCIENTIFIC METHODS!!  That is you guys fricken problem you have LOST YOUR FOCUS and BEARING.  It's frustrating, I grew up with one of the best run Fish and Game Department in Missouri, they worked with sportsmen and farmers and managed the wildlife, not the polititcians.     :bash: :bash:

I agree 100% Machias.  Those of us who have spent thousands of dollars on an education and and the focused our lives on wildlife want nothing more then to be left alone to do it to the best of our abilities.

In this day and age it's ALL about politics.  We have to play the game if we want anything good to come from our hard work.  If you want someone to be mad at, talk to your legislature and your local news organization.  They ultimately have greater control over managing wildlife in Washington then the PhD living out of a tent in the field.
Disclaimer:  These are not the views of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.  These are the thoughts of one person written off the clock who formally worked for WDFW.

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 10:02:17 AM »
InsideWDFW - thanks for your feedback.  Although I may not agree with everything - you have given me much to think about and feedback that we wouldn't normally have.  I agree politicking is far too much of the process, but definitely part of the game in WA State more so than other states. 

This sort of dialogue is good it creates transparency for many of the folks that wouldn't normally get to hear what you have to say.   Again, not everybody is going to agree with you or WDFW, but it least keeps more people informed of what is going on in the inside.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal