collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Boston Mayor’s Office to Force Doctors to Identify and Document Patients Who Own  (Read 3060 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
People had better start talking with their votes.  Sen. Patty Murray is one of them on board.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
Boston Mayor’s Office to Force Doctors to Identify and Document Patients Who Own Guns

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/boston-mayors-office-to-force-doctors-to-identify-and-document-patients-who-own-guns/

That link brings Godwin to a level not seen since TWG2A

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
The mayor of Boston seems to violate the reporting segment of the Affordable Care Act. Provision one says that wellness and prevention programs may not require the disclosure or collection of information relating to the presence or storage of a lawfully possessed firearm or the use of a firearm. Provision two states that we can’t collect data related to owning or using firearms. Provision three states we can’t use or maintain records of individual ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Provision four limits the ability to determine rates or eligibility for health insurance based on gun ownership. The final provision related to gun owners is that individuals do not have to disclose they own a gun.

Seems that the Ds may have painted themselves into a corner.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bradslam

• Longhunter
In the headline of the article, it says it will require doctors to document patients who own guns.  Then in the article it specifically states, "The fact that a patient owns guns would not be put in their medical record."  However you feel about doctors asking about guns in the home, this is just another inaccurate propaganda piece from wolfbait.

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
this is just another inaccurate propaganda piece from wolfbait.
Impossible

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
In the headline of the article, it says it will require doctors to document patients who own guns.  Then in the article it specifically states, "The fact that a patient owns guns would not be put in their medical record."  However you feel about doctors asking about guns in the home, this is just another inaccurate propaganda piece from wolfbait.

Then where do they put the information?

Or are they suppose to immediately forget they asked?

Offline Not selected

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
I think you’re missing the point :dunno:

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
Seems like the solution is as simple as it's always been: answer "It's none of your business."
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bradslam

• Longhunter
I think you’re missing the point :dunno:

Not missing the point at all.  Just sick and tired of the garbage that people find on the internet and the lack of critical thinking that leads them to just accept anything if it aligns with their way of thinking...on both sides.  I didn't say I agree with doctors asking about guns in the home, but the way the article is presented is completely misleading.  We should be able to to debate the issues without twisting things around so much. 

Offline jmscon

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • RMEF BHA TRCP
But

But

But

It’s the internet
My interpretation of the rules are open to interpretation.
Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Offline shallowforks

• Hunter
But

But

But

It’s the internet
YEA!!!!  ITS THE INTERNET!!! :chuckle:

Offline buckcanyonlodge

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
    • Buck Canyon Lodge
Response
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 05:02:45 AM »

Then where do they put the information?

Or are they suppose to immediately forget they asked?

This was on some paperwork I was supposed to fill out at the Clinic in Colville several years ago. I said see attached and did not attach anything. the receptionist pointed out that I needed to fill it out and I said none of your biz...when I saw the Dr. she asked about it and I said "Yes , I have dangerous weapons in the house, knives , baseball bats , etc. She did not like my answer. This is from when Obumble was prez
Thanks for all for your past support...We officially pulled the plug and have retired from the Biz. Still dabble a little in real estate.
Call Westergard Real Estate  for your REAL ESTATE needs in the Tri-County area. Hunting/Recreational or retirement properties. Tri County Area 509-722-3949

Offline luckyman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Yes, I was given the same forms to fill out around 8 years ago. my doctor was in Marysville.
I'm not sure.

Offline rasbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Legend
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
I have been asked ,and as you all know I don't have any guns,

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal