collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone watching the Phelps video series:Tradition?  (Read 8618 times)

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
Re: Anyone watching the Phelps video series:Tradition?
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2019, 08:36:24 PM »
Wait a sec! So you're telling me that a bunch of buddies were flipping each other crap on a hunt? I dont believe it! #fakenews

:chuckle:

This is one of the aspects about the Tradition series I’ve really enjoyed....buddies giving each other a hard time!
Those are some of my favorite memories of hunts with other guys.

Ive thoroughly enjoyed the past two seasons of BRO, but really enjoyed seeing the Colorado hunt from the edited lens of the Tradition crew. The overall feel was a little more PG13 compared to the BRO G rated version. Both have their place. I was part of a camp where it was clearly stated that only adults were welcome. I suspect nobody wanted wanted to be held responsible for corrupting innocent young minds😂

One of my favorite camps ever!

Just expressing my opinion here....you know what they say about that...😏
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2019, 06:59:43 AM »
Love the series, love seeing buddy's hunt together and being just that, "hunting buddy's".

Great job guys, keep it up  :tup:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2019, 07:06:41 AM »
DJ and us all grew up together. We all get along great and if you watch anymore of the series you will see that we all love hunting together and banter is normal. Most of Tyson’s chip shots were directed at Devin and it had to do with all the bulls being giants. We knew what was possible on this hunt and relayed that to DJ but also knew he was going to shoot what he wanted to and we were all for that.
In Devin's defense compared to the bulls where he usually hunts they probably were giants :chuckle:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2019, 06:58:28 PM »
As for the hunter orange requirement, the shooter contacted the game warden for the area prior to the hunt and confirmed that since there was no modern season open for deer or elk, no hunter orange was required. The only thing he advised was he may want to wear orange on the pack out as "natives" were able to hunt the area at the time. As for making fun of the shooter I don't know where you're getting that? I was the camera guy on this hunt and in no way was I making fun of him in any way shape or form. He told me in the beginning that he wanted to shoot a mature bull. In no way was I going to call him off of that bull when it came out and he said he wanted to shoot it, I couldn't care any less about scores. I just wanted him to shoot a bull he would be happy with, could've been a spike, I wouldn't have cared, as long as he was happy with it. Obviously people were going to know where we were, there was no hiding it and no intention of hiding it, my joke on figuring out where we were is because it was so foggy and we dealt with fog all but about three hours of that hunt. Yes I know it's a well known spot and I've spent plenty of time in it along with a lot of other people. But like or dislike, thanks for watching.
Good job protecting yourselves with the orange vest on the way out.  I can totally see his concern......  :tup: :tup:

Offline Bobvernon2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2019, 08:02:53 PM »
HOLY SMOKES THE NEW VIDEO IS UNDER 40 minutes!!!!!!!

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2019, 08:15:31 AM »
I am a little late on the orange subject but I was told once if there is not a open modern firearm open season you do not have to wear orange. . Look at bear season. If you are hunting bears because there is no weapon season  hunter orange is not required.  But in retrospect  grouse  is open Sept. 1st and they have to wear orange.   
If its brown knock it down

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2019, 09:10:02 AM »
I am a little late on the orange subject but I was told once if there is not a open modern firearm open season you do not have to wear orange. . Look at bear season. If you are hunting bears because there is no weapon season  hunter orange is not required.  But in retrospect  grouse  is open Sept. 1st and they have to wear orange.
Grouse hunters only have to wear orange if they are hunting during a modern firearm deer or elk season.

Offline EyeTooth

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »
I am watching the series and appreciate them going to the added effort of carrying the cameras and gear to document their experiences, and then taking the time to edit it all up and share it with me! Good stuff too! I like it!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal