collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Ford Ranger  (Read 8228 times)

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: New Ford Ranger
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2019, 12:23:24 PM »
There's $80,000 F150s out there, overpriced trucks are nothing new

I just bought a used Colorado from a Ford dealer who had multiple F-150's priced over $110k.

I've seen the Ranger internationally and it's very similar body wise and IMO looks good in person. The real miss, and reason why I didn't even wait to test drive, was that the crew cab couldn't be configured with the 6' bed.

I can't imagine what F150 is over $110k. I think the most expensive F150's are the Raptors and they're around $80-85k. Maybe they're putting a massive 2nd sticker on them? That doesn't make any sense though either as dealers have them on the ground now...there's not enough demand.
:dunno:
Could be lots of extra dealer add ons? Like giant lift kits and tires, stereo equipment, big fancy expensive bumpers, etc?

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2019, 12:37:41 PM »
Why didn't they just bring back the old ones? Somebody stole the Ford Ranger name and put it on an over-priced POS. They are just like the rest of the new hi-tech trucks. 10 year throw aways! Pay 10x what they're worth and can't work on them yourself! No thankyou!
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »

I just bought a used Colorado from a Ford dealer who had multiple F-150's priced over $110k.

I've seen the Ranger internationally and it's very similar body wise and IMO looks good in person. The real miss, and reason why I didn't even wait to test drive, was that the crew cab couldn't be configured with the 6' bed.

I can't imagine what F150 is over $110k. I think the most expensive F150's are the Raptors and they're around $80-85k. Maybe they're putting a massive 2nd sticker on them? That doesn't make any sense though either as dealers have them on the ground now...there's not enough demand.
Could be lots of extra dealer add ons? Like giant lift kits and tires, stereo equipment, big fancy expensive bumpers, etc?

Maybe they told the dealer that Buhner sent them?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2019, 08:41:28 PM »

Buhner is northwest motorsports now. No new car dealer affiliation anywhere.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2019, 12:18:36 AM »
I was watching RAMPAGE and looked up that rig.I will be very interested in that 2020 Bronco,Bronco with all the new gadgets on it.HECK YEAH!
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline opdinkslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2019, 06:37:44 AM »
I wouldn’t pay 46k for a power joke let alone a ranger. I’ve been priced out of the new pickup market tho for a long time.  :'( :bash:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2019, 06:59:16 AM »

Gotcha, just saw something about an expensive truck with a lift kit.   :chuckle:

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2019, 07:52:34 AM »
From an investment standpoint those prices are scary, but to each their own.

Makes me glad I've kept my '96 f150 on the road. Which reminds me; I need a new interior door handle- rolling down the window to get out is rougher in the winter :chuckle:
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline Sandberm

• Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2019, 07:53:11 AM »
For everyday WORK use, nothing beats my 4wd Chevy S-10. Nice and low, 4wd, easy to park and squeeze into spots.

I can reach over the side of it into the bed to grab tools etc.  The new "small" trucks, including the Colorado are TOO TALL to get anything out of the pickup bed from the side. Nothing is worse then having to climb into the bed of a truck just to get a hammer.

I cringe when guys put lift kits on their full size pu's. When the tailgate is down and it is at mid chest height, how fun is it to put a 50lb bag of seed/feed or a 100lb tractor weight in the back of the truck?

Offline Sandberm

• Frontiersman
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2019, 08:08:42 AM »

Makes me glad I've kept my '96 f150 on the road. Which reminds me; I need a new interior door handle- rolling down the window to get out is rougher in the winter :chuckle:

>:( >:( >:(

I feel your pain. I have a 95 f250......WHY doesnt SOMEBODY make an aftermarket METAL door handle??? Not a cheap plastic or pot metal handle but actual steel. I tried making one out of some flat stock, worked great till i had to put the door panel back on and it wouldnt slide through the slot without rubbing on the panel. I have reinforced the tin in the door for less flex, replaced the cable and just the other day I bought the bracket that the handle bolts to. Its still a concentrated effort to open the door without busting the handle...lift handle, push door open with side of upper arm...do not use handle to "lift" door open.  :o :( >:(

Sorry for the threadjack, at least I'm talking about a Ford.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:30:41 AM by Sandberm »

Offline Bullkllr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2019, 09:57:12 AM »

>:( >:( >:(

I feel your pain. I have a 95 f250......WHY doesnt SOMEBODY make an aftermarket METAL door handle??? Not a cheap plastic or pot metal handle but actual steel. I tried making one out of some flat stock, worked great till i had to put the door panel back on and it wouldnt slide through the slot without rubbing on the panel. I have reinforced the tin in the door for less flex, replaced the cable and just the other day I bought the bracket that the handle bolts to. Its still a concentrated effort to open the door without busting the handle...lift handle, push door open with side of upper arm...do not use handle to "lift" door open.  :o :( >:(

Sorry for the threadjack, at least I'm talking about a Ford.

Those handles are junk. I heard a rumor that the 80-86 handles are made of heavier steel and will fit the 87-96s. I'm going to check that out or make my own.
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2019, 06:17:22 PM »

Gotcha, just saw something about an expensive truck with a lift kit.   :chuckle:

NW Motorsports is famous for expensive used lifted trucks.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
For everyday WORK use, nothing beats my 4wd Chevy S-10. Nice and low, 4wd, easy to park and squeeze into spots.

I can reach over the side of it into the bed to grab tools etc.  The new "small" trucks, including the Colorado are TOO TALL to get anything out of the pickup bed from the side. Nothing is worse then having to climb into the bed of a truck just to get a hammer.

I cringe when guys put lift kits on their full size pu's. When the tailgate is down and it is at mid chest height, how fun is it to put a 50lb bag of seed/feed or a 100lb tractor weight in the back of the truck?

98% of the people with lifted trucks don’t do any of that stuff. Therefore it’s a non issue.

Offline JWEBB

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Waiting for October
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2019, 07:02:08 PM »

98% of the people with lifted trucks don’t do any of that stuff. Therefore it’s a non issue.

:yeah:  Most seem to be for show
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Offline swanny

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • 9to5active
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2019, 07:56:44 PM »

They were Shelby Raptors if I recall correct with a crap ton of bells and whistles on them. Stupidly overpriced with a bunch of after market add ons that upped the bro factor.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Today at 09:12:44 PM]

Hunting Dog Memorial by ghosthunter
[Today at 08:55:30 PM]

Pairs by Dan-o
[Today at 08:15:34 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt
[Today at 07:20:21 PM]