collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: And that's why I'm done with PTG.....  (Read 3139 times)

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: And that's why I'm done with PTG.....
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
Have they gotten too big for their britches ?
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Jolten

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 08:20:59 PM »
What's a reamer cost?

On the average a custom reamer is give or take about $200.00. Depending on the shoulder placement as compared to the parent cartridge it could include the cost of a "Go" and "No Go" gauge. $40.0 or so each.

So to set up to chamber a wildcat could cost you. $280.00 plus just in a reamer and gauges.

The cost of the reamer that broke isn't the issue to the wildcatter. It's the set back! It's the aggravation of some of us do it right all day every frikn day & or close.. Why can't they!? A company can only screw up so much.

Sorry wasn't trying to suggest that it was the price of the reamer that caused the issue. I was curious about it as I might eventually want to go this route.

Sorry if I side tracked your post Yorken. Hopefully they make it right with you.
The best equipment in the world is useless to the idiot who doesn't understand it.

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 08:36:00 PM »
Not sure when, but I recall hearing ADG has plans to make 28 and 30 Nosler brass so that should help.

Offline Reidus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 09:54:18 AM »
I think they've just gotten too big too fast and there's some QA issues. People that know Dave say he's great and I'd bet he means well but maybe work on the QA and customer service a little. If they had a better sales system with accurate lead times and less QA issues they could do really well (i'm guessing he's already selling stuff faster than he can make it so there's no changes being made)  I had to pay $25 to change the style of the throating reamer I ordered a couple days before. It's always a gamble when you order something online... whether you get it in 2 weeks or 10 weeks.

Manson and JGS have been great to deal with.

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 10:31:54 AM »
Yeah I’ve never had an issue, told my buddy to try them and he’s been waiting almost a month for a part they said was in stock and still say is in stock, but was supposed to be shipped next day.  Figure they’re just getting swamped with orders. Always on backorder at Brownells and midway too
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 11:00:40 AM »
There was a thread on snipershide a while back.  It wasnt pretty especially what the employees of PTG had to say about the operation.

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 04:43:39 PM »
What's a reamer cost?

On the average a custom reamer is give or take about $200.00. Depending on the shoulder placement as compared to the parent cartridge it could include the cost of a "Go" and "No Go" gauge. $40.0 or so each.

So to set up to chamber a wildcat could cost you. $280.00 plus just in a reamer and gauges.

The cost of the reamer that broke isn't the issue to the wildcatter. It's the set back! It's the aggravation of some of us do it right all day every frikn day & or close.. Why can't they!? A company can only screw up so much.

Sorry wasn't trying to suggest that it was the price of the reamer that caused the issue. I was curious about it as I might eventually want to go this route.

Sorry if I side tracked your post Yorken. Hopefully they make it right with you.

NWShooter pretty much nailed it. When you spend 14+ months waiting to accumulate parts for a project, there's nothing more irritating than being bumped back again because of bad tooling. Now, it's not just the time to get a new tool made but also getting bumped back on the work list of an already busy smith. Waiting for PTG to crank out a new reamer could set this back another 6-8 weeks minimum. :bash:

I spoke with the smith again today and he's already working with PTG to see about fast tracking a replacement reamer. If the time line on that isn't too bad I may still be saved from having to use anything with a Nosler head stamp. :chuckle: It's going to be another example of PTG making an error, and then going above and beyond to do damage control.

In my business experiences, it's always cheaper and easier to focus on getting the job done right the first time. Having good customer service or warranties are great, but if every customer gets to experience it then maybe it's time to step the QC (cough, cough, VORTEX, cough, cough). :stirthepot:

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »
Ouch   :chuckle:
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by BigVinn
[Today at 10:21:19 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Today at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Today at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Today at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter