collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Radio Collared "WOLF IN TOWN" this morning, WDFW called  (Read 24156 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Radio Collared "WOLF IN TOWN" this morning, WDFW called
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 07:18:21 PM »
I bumped a few wolves 2 days ago, smelled like wet dog,  go figure  :chuckle:

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 07:20:31 PM »
General area?
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »
It must be the smell.  :chuckle: the ones I was near on my bison hunt had this smell to them that I thought it was a biggie. :chuckle:  bear spray smelled better.

Reminds me of some of the fragrant flowers I’ve ran into on the PCT over the years. Nice folks tho and flip their biscuits when I give em a few mini snickers 😎
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 07:24:21 PM »
General area?

the wedge, hunting lions

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 07:44:24 PM »
Serious question.  Why aren't more hippies attacked by wolves? I've never come across one with more than bear spray and that's usually a rarity.

Serious Answer. Most of the hippies were from the 60's/70's and they have either passed on or are to stoved up to be out wandering around in the woods.

I know that a few years ago there was a gathering of hippies up by KF's place. Drove by and they were frollicking in the small lake. Nothing more apealling than Nekid Mature women. Gravity doesn't have a sense of humor.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:09:18 PM by Ridgeratt »

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »
That was the heart lake healing gathering  :chuckle:

seemed harmless enough, if you didn't look too hard.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 08:04:03 PM »
@Runamuk she used to tell stories like that of her co-ed days at central years ago. :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 08:09:43 PM »
Exactly how many encounters have we had that we really don’t know of?  One, there’s the folks that have gone missing that we don’t know went missing, and then those that have been reported yet we don’t ever find.   Then the big one.  How many encounters go poorly for the wolf but are never reported.  Even if justified.....  look at how crazy the ones that are reported are treated. 

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 08:15:53 PM »
This happened to a neighbor who lives 1/4 or 1/2 mile away from me. I can tell you this, it scared the dickens out of this guy, read the story with the first link, straight from the guy's mouth!

Wolves Stalked, Surrounded, and Attacked Stevens County Hunter
https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,164173.0.html
This incident used to be posted on the WDFW website, I just checked, it's gone, they removed it or else they watered it down so it doesn't appear as an attack.  :bash: :bash:
Wolves Stalked, Surrounded, and Attacked Stevens County Hunter
http://nwsportsmanmag.com/elk-hunter-run-northeast-washington-wolves/
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline STARVATION

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2019, 05:21:40 AM »
Wolves have been spotted in Colville for years. A friend of mine sent me a picture of a plaster cast made from a track not 100 feet from his house that measures over 6 inches wide. This was from last week up the Gold Creek loop. You can hear the damn things howling on any given night out on highway 20 corridor.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2019, 09:45:15 AM »
Exactly how many encounters have we had that we really don’t know of?  One, there’s the folks that have gone missing that we don’t know went missing, and then those that have been reported yet we don’t ever find.   Then the big one.  How many encounters go poorly for the wolf but are never reported.  Even if justified.....  look at how crazy the ones that are reported are treated.

:yeah:

WDF&Wolves manipulate everything wolf to favor wolves, not too many people who have followed the wolf situation in WA doubt this.

There is serious lack of knowledge in the dangers of the wolves to many people, WDF&Wolves hiding or refusing to release info. on previous wolf attacks in WA only makes matters worse. Some people will take wolf warnings to heart, while others try the argument that there have only been X number of fatal wolf attacks in North America. I guess the wolf/wolves will have to educated some people all over again.

And then there are the true wolf worshipers:

I talk to a lady a couple of years ago about wolves and packing while she was out on her walks, she told me she thought it would be "cool" to be killed by a wolf. She seemed fairly intelligent up to that point, so I offered to send her info. on the Alaskan school teacher that the wolves killed and ate part of. She declined the offer.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Radio Collared &quot;WOLF IN TOWN&quot; this morning, WDFW called
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 11:57:10 AM »
Do you guys think wolves are actually a threat to kids waiting at a bus stop? Serious question, not just being a jerk.

I think it is a serious concern for people who kids are actually standing waiting for the bus in areas where wolves are being seen!

Let me ask this, how would you feel?

I don’t have kids so that is why I asked. I just know that growing up our bus dropped us at the bottom of our hill and we walked home which was a little over a mile in a wooded area. We had bears and cats around our houses but it was never a concern. Question was purely out of curiousity

He makes a legit point.

Wolf behavior is different. As they become acclimated to humans, without fear of harm from them, they'll come closer and closer. This is well documented around the world. As they get closer, they'll switch from killing livestock to killing pets, eating garbage and petfood, and eventually challenging and attacking humans. Smaller humans are the simpler prey. Read about what happens in Russia every 30 years or so. The people are unarmed, so they don't kill wolves. Wolf packs eventually attack the humans and the government is called in to eradicate them and teach them to fear humans again. This cycle is nearing its end here in NE WA. Were they my children, they wouldn't go out without protection from these animals.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 12:30:36 PM »
Do you guys think wolves are actually a threat to kids waiting at a bus stop? Serious question, not just being a jerk.

A few months ago a young female school teacher was jogging up in Canada that was attacked and killed by wolves.

Also somewhere in Easter washington a few months ago a female researcher was doing some research work and had to climb a tree to get away from the wolves there.

So realistically wolves are a threat to humans but the --- in Olympia dont care. They have their deer & elk devastation plan into play and no one will get in their way.

It is time to wake up and do the right thing when you see these unregulated predators in my personal oppinion.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:40:09 PM by jackelope »
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 12:31:28 PM »
Screen shot from FB of wolf.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »

A few months ago a young female school teacher was jogging up in Canada that was attacked and killed by wolves.

Also somewhere in Easter washington a few months ago a female researcher was doing some research work and had to climb a tree to get away from the wolves there.

So realistically wolves are a threat to humans butvthecass wipes in Olympia dont care. They have their deer & elk devastation plan into play and no one will get in their way.

It is time to wake up and do the right thing when you see these unregulated predators in my personal oppinion.

My only thing is people are attacked by cougars, bears etc yet there isn't the same mindset? Are wolves a danger to kids or people in general, of course they are. I am just not quick to jump at the idea they are MORE dangerous than other predators.  :twocents:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal