collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: fn 5.7 testing in a house  (Read 3132 times)

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: fn 5.7 testing in a house
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 05:20:40 PM »
So i am trying figure out which ammo i want to run in my fn

https://www.fivesevenforum.com

I shoot the FN label SS197SR ammo in my five seven and it shoots really well.  A couple years ago PSA had a big sale on it for $17.99 a box with free shipping, so I bought a bunch of it.
I'm shooting that right now.Shoots good.
I guess i should have clarified my experiment i want to try. I want to see if i can shoot through a bear skull at close range with it. Some of the stories i've heard where that many guns guys carry aren't adequate for shooting through a bears skull when at a angle at charging distance.Don't know if its true or not but thought it would be interesting to see if this would do it consistently and the damage it would do. Thinking i need to find some ss190 to try.
If it does and will cause enough damage i almost think this would be great since its light,low recoil,and 20 round mag.quicker follow up shots.Call me crazy

Let me know when you get a skull and I'll give you a few to try. ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Born2late

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 05:27:43 PM »

I shoot the FN label SS197SR ammo in my five seven and it shoots really well.  A couple years ago PSA had a big sale on it for $17.99 a box with free shipping, so I bought a bunch of it.
I guess i should have clarified my experiment i want to try. I want to see if i can shoot through a bear skull at close range with it. Some of the stories i've heard where that many guns guys carry aren't adequate for shooting through a bears skull when at a angle at charging distance.Don't know if its true or not but thought it would be interesting to see if this would do it consistently and the damage it would do. Thinking i need to find some ss190 to try.
If it does and will cause enough damage i almost think this would be great since its light,low recoil,and 20 round mag.quicker follow up shots.Call me crazy

sweet! Thanks.

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 09:02:40 AM »
What a friggin jack-ass.

Hang on lemme shoot this gun in my house to make a point.

Geeeez. Almost as bad as these guys

Offline Cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 11:29:17 AM »
Demo Ranch is like.....hold my beer let me show you how it's done!  :chuckle:

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 11:45:19 AM »
It's a bad precedent no matter what.

Some jack-ass is gonna do it and miss.

Then it will be on CNN to show us how gun owners are all idiots and need to be controlled.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »

sweet! Thanks.
You could contact a slaughterhouse and get beef heads.  I did some training for CWD sample collection using calf heads from a slaughterhouse as surrogates for deer.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Born2late

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »

sweet! Thanks.
You could contact a slaughterhouse and get beef heads.  I did some training for CWD sample collection using calf heads from a slaughterhouse as surrogates for deer.
thats what i'm thinking of doing,I'll add a slab of meat on top to simulate the fore head meat.

Offline Cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »
Look at Paul Harrell "meat target" he makes one in every video he makes and it seems to be very reliable in showing the difference between ammo, calibers and even guns(snub nose compared to full size barrel)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal