collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wet Side Gun Give Away Banquet 2019  (Read 18707 times)

Offline addicted

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
Wet Side Gun Give Away Banquet 2019
« on: February 06, 2019, 08:45:31 PM »
Here it comes again!

Last year we had 160 attendees and did 51 firearm transfers!

I've already ordered 36 guns to get started and I will continue to order guns as folks buy dinner tickets so the odds will stay exciting.

March 23rd in Mount Vernon at the Best Western Cotton Tree Convention Center. 4 pm the doors open, steak dinner at 6pm followed by the live auction.

Information on tables, raffle packages and if you want to purchase dinner tickets online.
https://www.friendsofnra.org/eventtickets/Events/Details/49?eventId=56585

The money raised fulfills the needs of sports shooting clubs all over the state as well as funding cool programs like Eddie the Eagle and the Youth Education Summit.

"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
Re: Wet Side Gun Give Away Banquet 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:47:37 PM »
@bearhunter99 your mailbox is full, love to add more guns to your collection  :chuckle:
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 08:58:22 PM »
Looks like a lot of guns will be given away. I might have to check out the banquet in Fife.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:20:43 PM »
Looks like a lot of guns will be given away. I might have to check out the banquet in Fife.

I try to have the best gun to guest ratio in the state.

Online Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 09:33:22 PM »
I have to admit I don't know what this is about.

Has it been done for very many years?
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 07:52:50 AM »

My committee is sort of a revival. It died out about 10 years ago and last year I brought it to life and had a blast. When I met with the state Rep to discuss opening an event I told him "All I want to do is give away as many guns as I can and raise money for kids."

I ended up having sponsors and guests come from Puyallup, Wenatchee and tri-cities. The local support has been amazing giving a great variety of prizes.

Last month I got together with the other committee from around the state and we divvied out $250,000 that we had raised to Boy scouts, shooting ranges, youth shooting teams and even the big outdoor initiation program where they take hundreds of kids in a weekend and let the shoot guns, bows and catch trout.

All levels of my raffles will have guns as prizes and every game will have guns as prizes.

4pm

Doors open for silent auction, games and placing your raffle tickets on the guns you want to win.

5pm

We will draw our pre-even raffle which I will be selling tickets for up to the day of the event. 250 tickets Max will be sold for this and you can win up to 3 guns. Last year I think we only sold 120 tickets for this. If your name gets drawn, you get the gun of your preference, then I throw. Your name back in the hat so you can win again.
These guns are a Kimber 6.5 Creedmoor, Diamondback Stainless AR10 in 308 and a Kimber ultra carry II.

6pm

We will wind down the silent auction and serve dinner

7pm

Live auction which will anything from guided hunts and guns to custom furniture and limited edition tools and home decor.

After the live auction I will draw all the raffles, we will finish off the keg and send you home with a receipt because every dime you spend is tax deductible!  :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:

Online Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 08:45:08 AM »

My committee is sort of a revival. It died out about 10 years ago and last year I brought it to life and had a blast. When I met with the state Rep to discuss opening an event I told him "All I want to do is give away as many guns as I can and raise money for kids."

I ended up having sponsors and guests come from Puyallup, Wenatchee and tri-cities. The local support has been amazing giving a great variety of prizes.

Last month I got together with the other committee from around the state and we divvied out $250,000 that we had raised to Boy scouts, shooting ranges, youth shooting teams and even the big outdoor initiation program where they take hundreds of kids in a weekend and let the shoot guns, bows and catch trout.

All levels of my raffles will have guns as prizes and every game will have guns as prizes.

4pm

Doors open for silent auction, games and placing your raffle tickets on the guns you want to win.

5pm

We will draw our pre-even raffle which I will be selling tickets for up to the day of the event. 250 tickets Max will be sold for this and you can win up to 3 guns. Last year I think we only sold 120 tickets for this. If your name gets drawn, you get the gun of your preference, then I throw. Your name back in the hat so you can win again.
These guns are a Kimber 6.5 Creedmoor, Diamondback Stainless AR10 in 308 and a Kimber ultra carry II.

6pm

We will wind down the silent auction and serve dinner

7pm

Live auction which will anything from guided hunts and guns to custom furniture and limited edition tools and home decor.

After the live auction I will draw all the raffles, we will finish off the keg and send you home with a receipt because every dime you spend is tax deductible!  :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:

Excellent.

Thank you.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 12:09:22 PM »
I've already ordered 2 Kimber rifles in 6.5 and 308. An ultra carry 2 a belair and a micro

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 01:23:35 PM »
Sig 365
Savage lightweight storm 7-08

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 04:39:06 PM »
A henry lever .22
Henry polished gold action 45-70 with octagonal barrel  8)

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 08:27:53 PM »
S&W Shield and an Honor Guard  :chuckle:

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 08:56:49 PM »
I guess for a steak and a chance at a few of those guns I've seen so far I'm gonna have to attend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 04:59:41 PM by Special T »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »
Glock 43
Glock 19

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 09:16:06 PM »
Sig P320 with Romeo red Dot

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 10:00:45 PM »
Stag AR15

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]