collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Buying More Wolf Habitat  (Read 21160 times)

Offline Brute

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: WDFW Buying More Wolf Habitat
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »
Can we please keep this garbage in the wolf thread! Public land Acquisitions are a good thing that benefit all citizens. Your wolf hate is exhausting and annoying. Keep it in the wolf section we're all tired of listening to it.

Here is a concept : If you don't like what he post. Put him on your Buddies / Ignore List in your Profile.
Then you will not have to see what he post  :twocents:

Offline Buckhunter82

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »
idahohuntr,  Do you live in and/or hunt in Washington?

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »
Yes and yes. 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2019, 01:34:30 PM »
Predators won’t end hunting. If we keep going with our predator populations it will put a serious dent in hunter success. I won’t deny that. I think wolves will play a part in that moving forward. Not as big a part as cougars and coyotes and over-hunting do for a long time anyway. We’ll still be able to hunt. We just won’t have anything to shoot.
Anti-hunters, division among hunters, politics, a lack of support for the org’s that are working to promote and support hunting...those are the concerns we need to focus more of our time on in order to preserve our pastime moving forward.
:twocents:

:yeah: Well said!!

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2019, 03:06:55 PM »
When there's nothing but predators left at least the predator hunting will be good, right?   :chuckle:

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 07:52:18 PM »

In all due respect, to those in concern. Those of you who are young, those of you who have the money, those of you who have not seen the days when you COULD kill BIG bucks in this state with only the purchase of a resident tag and license. At one time you COULD kill huge bucks in this state, I have seen HUGE bucks killed in Chelan and Okanogan county, some were seen in person and some were seen in pictures, some of those pictures were 100 years old. There were"spots" in this state that would rival some of the states that you now "pay to play", I have helped "haul", "drag", "pack", and admire some HUGE bucks that were killed in THIS state, some at a frequency that you now have to pay a lot of money to just get "the opportunity".  I think what some are saying here is EXACTLY that. This state at one time had some of the healthiest mule deer herds in the country, they were there, they were healthy and accessible. You know what, its not even close anymore, maybe some of these folks that you are ridiculing, they just might see something that you don't see ;).....once again, all due respect.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 08:07:16 PM »

In all due respect, to those in concern. Those of you who are young, those of you who have the money, those of you who have not seen the days when you COULD kill BIG bucks in this state with only the purchase of a resident tag and license. At one time you COULD kill huge bucks in this state, I have seen HUGE bucks killed in Chelan and Okanogan county, some were seen in person and some were seen in pictures, some of those pictures were 100 years old. There were"spots" in this state that would rival some of the states that you now "pay to play", I have helped "haul", "drag", "pack", and admire some HUGE bucks that were killed in THIS state, some at a frequency that you now have to pay a lot of money to just get "the opportunity".  I think what some are saying here is EXACTLY that. This state at one time had some of the healthiest mule deer herds in the country, they were there, they were healthy and accessible. You know what, its not even close anymore, maybe some of these folks that you are ridiculing, they just might see something that you don't see ;).....once again, all due respect.
No on disputes that mule deer populations have declined. They have in nearly all western states including Colorado. There are many factors, many known and some unknown. To blame the decline on a single factor is ignorant.

https://muledeer.org/conservation/
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2019, 08:23:26 PM »

No on disputes that mule deer populations have declined. They have in nearly all western states including Colorado. There are many factors, many known and some unknown. To blame the decline on a single factor is ignorant.

I have to say it's a bit past "declined". From everything we have seen since the "game Department" changed to WDFW there has been an agenda to ruin hunting. We see it more with the mule deer, take away hound hunting, throw in loads of doe tags, add wolves and then pretend there aren't any for several years until forced to confirm a pack, then pretend wolf recovery is just starting and slow walk confirmation of wolves. We watch the deer drop in numbers each year while WDFW pretend everything is fine, all the while knowing they are full of BS.

WDFW own most of the Golden Doe, and there are very few deer on it, plenty of cat's and wolves though. Use to be quite a number of people that hunted that stretch of country, not so anymore, given the facts, just what the heck does WDFW need more land if there's nothing left to hunt.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
WDFW Buying More Wolf Habitat
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2019, 08:53:38 PM »
It’s fair to say that literally Nobody on this forum would deny the fact that mule deer hunting in this state is nothing compared to the good old days. Mule deer hunting is nothing in any state anywhere compared to what it used to be 30 40 50 or more years ago. To blame that on wolves is silly. Lots of contributing factors. If folks are not seeing that, I’m not sure what else to say. It seems like basic logic. I don’t think anyone else is trying to say anything otherwise.
There are lots of reasons to support more public land. Hunting is just one of them.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »

Well, I am far from ignorant and I don't think anywhere in my statement did I blame the decline on a "single factor". I agree there are many elements that have contributed but it is also not a coincidence that the decline actually started with the predator  population going up and a new apex predator that arrived on the scene, at least in this state. Thats when we started noticing the decline, new laws on the books concerning our already established predators and as I said, a new one appearing and left to populate. Something has to give, an exploding predator population along with a growing population of the wolf, guess what they all have to eat and with populations of these predators on the rise they will eat more and more, in the last 20 years it has been noticed, another 5, 10 or 20 years, at this rate no one really knows what will be left. The Methow herd has been devastated, many factors are to blame but this herd has taken the biggest beating by an exploding predator issue combined with a Department that has put other priorities ahead of putting forth a "quality product" for the hunters of this state. Yes Mother Nature has hit our herds through the years just as she has since the beginning of time and will continue to do so for the rest of time, but how things are "managed" is what will and has determined the health of our herds, whether it be during predator explosions or when Mother Nature shows her bad side. In a nutshell, predators, Mother Nature and other factors are happening, and what we are seeing in our big game herds is a result of "managing" through these issues or as some are saying, mis-managing..... :twocents:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »

Well, I am far from ignorant and I don't think anywhere in my statement did I blame the decline on a "single factor". I agree there are many elements that have contributed but it is also not a coincidence that the decline actually started with the predator  population going up and a new apex predator that arrived on the scene, at least in this state. Thats when we started noticing the decline, new laws on the books concerning our already established predators and as I said, a new one appearing and left to populate. Something has to give, an exploding predator population along with a growing population of the wolf, guess what they all have to eat and with populations of these predators on the rise they will eat more and more, in the last 20 years it has been noticed, another 5, 10 or 20 years, at this rate no one really knows what will be left. The Methow herd has been devastated, many factors are to blame but this herd has taken the biggest beating by an exploding predator issue combined with a Department that has put other priorities ahead of putting forth a "quality product" for the hunters of this state. Yes Mother Nature has hit our herds through the years just as she has since the beginning of time and will continue to do so for the rest of time, but how things are "managed" is what will and has determined the health of our herds, whether it be during predator explosions or when Mother Nature shows her bad side. In a nutshell, predators, Mother Nature and other factors are happening, and what we are seeing in our big game herds is a result of "managing" through these issues or as some are saying, mis-managing..... :twocents:

Pretty sure he’s talking about the guy blaming everything on the wolves...not you.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 08:58:16 AM »

Pretty sure he’s talking about the guy blaming everything on the wolves...not you.

You are getting in the way of Jackelope's pro-wolf pack, Bigmacc, you need to just be quiet and watch from the sidelines, as they tear chunks out of any part of this discussion where I blame the decline of deer on wolves. Doesn't matter if I blame other predators or management, they are here to make a point....That danged ole wolf hater etc... :o

I have to say it's a bit past "declined". From everything we have seen since the "game Department" changed to WDFW there has been an agenda to ruin hunting. We see it more with the mule deer, take away hound hunting, throw in loads of doe tags, add wolves and then pretend there aren't any for several years until forced to confirm a pack, then pretend wolf recovery is just starting and slow walk confirmation of wolves. We watch the deer drop in numbers each year while WDFW pretend everything is fine, all the while knowing they are full of BS.

WDFW own most of the Golden Doe, and there are very few deer on it, plenty of cat's and wolves though. Use to be quite a number of people that hunted that stretch of country, not so anymore, given the facts, just what the heck does WDFW need more land if there's nothing left to hunt.

Offline James

• Scout
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »
The real problem with the sort of things that Wolfbait likes to post is that it undermines our credibility as sportsmen and conservationists to be able to discuss real issues (like predators) and their impacts. The sort of propaganda that he distributes paints us in a light where we are very easily dismissed at all levels of important game management decisions.

While I do appreciate his enthusiasm, if it could be directed in better ways we could make some progress for fish and wildlife.
You will never shoot a camp bull by spending all your time hunting in the woods.

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2019, 10:37:55 AM »
The real problem with the sort of things that Wolfbait likes to post is that it undermines our credibility as sportsmen and conservationists to be able to discuss real issues (like predators) and their impacts. The sort of propaganda that he distributes paints us in a light where we are very easily dismissed at all levels of important game management decisions.

While I do appreciate his enthusiasm, if it could be directed in better ways we could make some progress for fish and wildlife.
Absolutely.  Which is why this sort of bs is important to call out. 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »

You are getting in the way of Jackelope's pro-wolf pack, Bigmacc, you need to just be quiet and watch from the sidelines, as they tear chunks out of any part of this discussion where I blame the decline of deer on wolves. Doesn't matter if I blame other predators or management, they are here to make a point....That danged ole wolf hater etc... :o

Your insults aimed at me make literally zero sense as usual and are totally uncalled for. You've been called out and are desperately fishing for ways to regain something. It ain't happening. All the people bashing your posts in this thread and picking them apart and you single me out? I didn't even attempt to insult you. Wow...you're desperate.

For clarification for the others reading this...all I was trying to do was clarify that Bob33 wasn't calling bigmacc ignorant.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal