collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: GoHunt to publish WA odds  (Read 24633 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: GoHunt to publish WA odds
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2019, 01:17:10 PM »
Right now, GoHunt has no information for WA.  They are supposed to be publishing odds this year before the draw, but I would be real surprised if there was much info other than bad news.

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2019, 01:28:32 PM »
 :yeah:
I highly doubt we are going to find out anything surprising about our draw system. Just ask Trophyhunt  :chuckle:
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2019, 01:30:57 PM »
All odds are low so apply for the tags you want.  If you draw then cool, if you dont then your tags are still over the counter so GoHunt......
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2019, 01:35:47 PM »
All odds are low so apply for the tags you want.  If you draw then cool, if you dont then your tags are still over the counter so GoHunt......
Geezus Karl, you could have said "spoiler alert" or something in advance of just spilling the beans about the odds being low.  Way to ruin for those that didn't know and were waiting on the big gohunt unveil of their view of the odds.  :chuckle:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2019, 01:38:34 PM »
little behhind on the post so is it worth tyhe cost if im only currently doing Washington
if I only hunted washington I wouldnt pay $20 let alone $150 for gohunt and I'm a huge gohunt user :twocents:
Exactly. I am a big Gohunt fan. Use it all the time. If I only hunted Washington I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2019, 02:01:54 PM »
Geezus Karl, you could have said "spoiler alert" or something in advance of just spilling the beans about the odds being low.  Way to ruin for those that didn't know and were waiting on the big gohunt unveil of their view of the odds.  :chuckle:
  :sry: :peep:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »
  :sry: :peep:
:chuckle:
Secrets out everybody, odds of drawing a quality tag in Washington suck.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2019, 02:26:29 PM »
It's TRUE! I havent drawn a quality elk tag in like 10 months😂😂😂

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2019, 02:58:08 PM »
It's been two years for me but both of my kids drew multiple deer tags last year.  Them drawing is way better than me.  I can wait a little longer than two years if they keep drawing.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »
Unidentified anonymous sources have leaked the identities of the two GoHunt individuals who will be releasing Washington’s draw odds.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2019, 03:15:15 PM »
It's TRUE! I havent drawn a quality elk tag in like 10 months😂😂😂
Show off!  :yike:

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »

I am sorry if my "quit" post scared anyone away. It may have sounded harsh I didn't mean it that way.  :sry:

The reality is hunting is difficult. And many factors can make it more so depending on the individual circumstances. I am one of those who had essentially non hunting family, but supportive parents even though I dropped out of sports completely in my teens because I was as they said "obsessed". No podcasts, no elk hunt 101, no BROs, no huntwa. No GPS, no onyx, no GOHUNT. So I spent every single minute I could in the woods, read or ordered every book, and picked the brains of every Hunter I knew and also was blessed to end up with a close friend who's dad helped in showing me the ropes. Here the rub..... This was they hey day of BT deer in the early and mid nineties and timber co access was a breeze, yet my odds of seeing deer we're less than now. And I see a lot more legal ones now. Even though there were a lot more of them, simply because I didn't know what I was looking for.

Since being labeled "successful" by some, I have enjoyed the opportunities to help other new or less experienced hunters and what I have noticed is that it's far less about "my good spot" or being a good teacher, Hunter ,caller whatever. And way more about the individuals level of commitment when held accountable. Instead of weekends they commit a full week, instead of the week, they commit the season, instead of an extra shift at work they attend that 3d shoot, or tell the wife the grass will get cut later, scouting trip this weekend.  Often I have nothing to do with success, simply motivation to spend more time chasing it themselves. And sometimes that fades, and they realize even "my spot" doesn't mean it's a go out for half morning and kill one. And they hunt with a more realistic expectation. Or quit.

Personally I think aside from no point states like Idaho, Nm, etc.... WA has a draw system that should be MORE appealing to new hunters entering the system rather than navigate the multiple preference point states in the west. Draw odds are not good, but they are not good for everyone.  So new hunters in WA thank your lucky stars you have any chance and apply away. You have slightly lower chance than the guy with max points for any of the "premier" draws, and anything else you will be accruing points toward a better opportunity hunt. If money is the issue, stay out of the OILs and Quality categories where odds are very slim and go for the better opportunity permits.

As for points transfer, I see a lot of pitfalls and abuse opportunity. But agree with Bobcat a permit transfer I could probably get behind.

Offline Matth

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2019, 04:17:27 PM »

I am sorry if my "quit" post scared anyone away. It may have sounded harsh I didn't mean it that way.  :sry:

The reality is hunting is difficult. And many factors can make it more so depending on the individual circumstances. I am one of those who had essentially non hunting family, but supportive parents even though I dropped out of sports completely in my teens because I was as they said "obsessed". No podcasts, no elk hunt 101, no BROs, no huntwa. No GPS, no onyx, no GOHUNT. So I spent every single minute I could in the woods, read or ordered every book, and picked the brains of every Hunter I knew and also was blessed to end up with a close friend who's dad helped in showing me the ropes. Here the rub..... This was they hey day of BT deer in the early and mid nineties and timber co access was a breeze, yet my odds of seeing deer we're less than now. And I see a lot more legal ones now. Even though there were a lot more of them, simply because I didn't know what I was looking for.

Since being labeled "successful" by some, I have enjoyed the opportunities to help other new or less experienced hunters and what I have noticed is that it's far less about "my good spot" or being a good teacher, Hunter ,caller whatever. And way more about the individuals level of commitment when held accountable. Instead of weekends they commit a full week, instead of the week, they commit the season, instead of an extra shift at work they attend that 3d shoot, or tell the wife the grass will get cut later, scouting trip this weekend.  Often I have nothing to do with success, simply motivation to spend more time chasing it themselves. And sometimes that fades, and they realize even "my spot" doesn't mean it's a go out for half morning and kill one. And they hunt with a more realistic expectation. Or quit.

Personally I think aside from no point states like Idaho, Nm, etc.... WA has a draw system that should be MORE appealing to new hunters entering the system rather than navigate the multiple preference point states in the west. Draw odds are not good, but they are not good for everyone.  So new hunters in WA thank your lucky stars you have any chance and apply away. You have slightly lower chance than the guy with max points for any of the "premier" draws, and anything else you will be accruing points toward a better opportunity hunt. If money is the issue, stay out of the OILs and Quality categories where odds are very slim and go for the better opportunity permits.

As for points transfer, I see a lot of pitfalls and abuse opportunity. But agree with Bobcat a permit transfer I could probably get behind.

I agree with you 100%, and after thinking about it a bit more, you guys are correct a permit transfer is more reasonable. I could draw the permit, and let my son fill it, without all the extra crap.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2019, 04:39:00 PM »

But, I have a bunch of points and they square them so I am planning on drawing Dayton rifle this year.  The odds are only low if you don't have many points.

Offline Falcon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2019, 06:06:04 PM »

:yeah:
Great post right there :tup:
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal