collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Fee Hike: Burke said it best...  (Read 2800 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
WDFW Fee Hike: Burke said it best...
« on: February 18, 2019, 11:20:21 AM »
WDFW FEE HIKE BILLS GET SUPPORT DURING PUBLIC HEARINGS, BUT CONCERNS RAISED TOO
http://nwsportsmanmag.com/wdfw-fee-hike-bills-get-support-during-public-hearings-but-concerns-raised-too/
“If I leave you with one message today, it is this is not about the money,” said Carl Burke. “We’ve always been willing to pay to play. However, we should not continually — consumptive users — be asked to provide more monies for less opportunity. It’s just that simple.”
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
Re: WDFW Fee Hike: Burke said it best...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »
Well said.  Well done.

Offline bbarnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Mt Saint Helens Rescue .com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 08:24:29 PM »
Imagine Chevy asking ford to bail them out when they took billions,in stimulus dollars from the tax payers.They say it's inflation is the way the new region 5 director,put it to me.The problem is all 4 money makers for WDFW are in the toilet,DEER,ELK,SALMON AND STEELHEAD.In my opinion there needs to be some GMU shut down to regrow the CROP,if we don't it will be over in the next 10 years.They have no clue of, how many animals and fish are in this state,so how do you manage numbers and oppertunity.Its all about full time employees having jobs IF YOUR BROKE HOW DO YOU DO ANY STUDYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:37:48 PM »
To me, it sounded like a bunch of nothing.  No hard questions were asked and no obvious problems were even addressed.  The Hunters' Heritage rep seemed to ignore everything except his thrill of the new package deals offered by WDFW.  I calculated the fishing one and you save $0.32.  Nice, glad to see we are addressing real issues.

Same story, agree with what WDFW is doing, wish them the best and hope for different outcomes.

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:10:30 PM »
After an extensive internal review the department determined they needed an extra $60 million dollars.

Not a single place where they said "...we've got some fat we should trim here...".  Not one.

Government bureaucracy.  "Just give us more money"

Offline bbarnes

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:11:52 PM »
We're not hoof rot is now in three  states and CWD is in 24,look up CWD press conference in Pennsylvania.They said it best fish and wildlife agency's,have done nothing to stop it.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:34:09 PM »
Imagine Chevy asking ford to bail them out when they took billions,in stimulus dollars from the tax payers.They say it's inflation is the way the new region 5 director,put it to me.The problem is all 4 money makers for WDFW are in the toilet,DEER,ELK,SALMON AND STEELHEAD.In my opinion there needs to be some GMU shut down to regrow the CROP,if we don't it will be over in the next 10 years.They have no clue of, how many animals and fish are in this state,so how do you manage numbers and oppertunity.Its all about full time employees having jobs IF YOUR BROKE HOW DO YOU DO ANY STUDYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know how WDFW is planning for long term.  Do they just want to be a bunch of park rangers living off the general fund and some fed grants?  The perception from nearly all the license buyers and sporting goods retailers I know is sort of the same toilet analogy you mention.  It's like there's so much that needs fixed they can't operate.  Maybe it's cheaper to do nothing and not get sued than it is to try to make improvements?   :dunno:

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 09:45:29 PM »
More money my %÷$#. Take a look at their organizational chart. Talk about top heavy! Any idea how much it cost to support all the deputy chiefs, captains and lieutenants? They are falling all over each other. If you ever get the chance, ask someone in WDFW management what the extra $'s will buy you. All you will get is blank stares.  :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline bbarnes

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 10:02:48 PM »
Power of the pocket book don't buys the tags, with only 54000 elk tags sold last year people are sending the message.In addition with our deer herd in west klickatat havering hoof rot,hunters won't be hunting deer either.WDFW keeps saying these animals are safe to eat,but last year in Trout Lake they said the 28 elk,were unsafe to eat, that's why they were going to kill them OMG.

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 05:44:31 AM »
I don't know how WDFW is planning for long term.  Do they just want to be a bunch of park rangers living off the general fund and some fed grants?  The perception from nearly all the license buyers and sporting goods retailers I know is sort of the same toilet analogy you mention.  It's like there's so much that needs fixed they can't operate.  Maybe it's cheaper to do nothing and not get sued than it is to try to make improvements?   :dunno:

But they get sued a lot and usually cave.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 06:06:29 AM »
Seems that the article was more geared to fishing. Would be nice to see some hunters organization speak up and let them know that the Game Population is in need of some serious help.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline bbarnes

• Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »
It sure would be it can't just be myself and mark smith,attending all these meetings,in my experience hunters for the most part just want to kill,not conserve for future generations.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 10:02:25 AM »
It sure would be it can't just be myself and mark smith,attending all these meetings,in my experience hunters for the most part just want to kill,not conserve for future generations.

You know different hunters than I do, many of the hunters I know are concerned about the future of hunting for their kids and grandkids!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 10:15:24 AM »
We certainly hang around different groups.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 10:32:44 AM »
You know different hunters than I do, many of the hunters I know are concerned about the future of hunting for their kids and grandkids!
I know both types. I think the ones you mention Dale tend to be the older ones, while the ones barnes mention tend to be younger. But I know some old guys who just care about the killing and not the conservation.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]