collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: www.hunttheweb.com Virtual hunting game  (Read 3493 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
www.hunttheweb.com Virtual hunting game
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
Just signed up...looks like it might be fun.

https://www.hunttheweb.com/

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: www.hunttheweb.com Virtual hunting game
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:58 AM »
Sooo it's a big interactive commercial advertisement?

initial impressions?

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
5. How to Participate in the Hunt. The hunt consists of a series of activities that will occur during the Promotion Hunt Period. Once you have entered the Promotion or at some point after the end of the Promotion Entry Period but before the Promotion Hunt Period begins, Sponsor will send you an email and/or text, notifying you that the hunt will begin on February 19, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. PST and informing you of the details of the first activity of the hunt. There are six activities, described below. You must complete your current activity before you may move on to the next activity. There is no limit to the number of times you may attempt to complete an activity if you fail to complete it, but time is of the essence because only the first 1,000 eligible entrants to complete the hunt will receive a prize, and the First Prize will only be received by the first three eligible entrants to complete the hunt. It is important to know that each activity will be released on specific days during the Promotion Hunt Period so even if you finish one activity early, you will still have to wait for the next activity to be opened until you can complete the next activity. Each activity can be completed on any device, such as a personal computer, tablet, or phone (though one activity could involve a trip to a Benchmade retailer if you choose to visit a physical store, as described below). Be sure to check your email frequently prior to and during the Promotion Hunt Period to find out when each activity will be available for your completion and find out the details of each activity. Alternatively, you may check the www.hunttheweb.com website for details regarding each activity; you may need to log into your account to review the details of each activity. COMMUNICATIONS FROM SPONSOR REGARDING THE HUNT ACTIVITIES WILL BE SENT TO YOU VIA EMAIL AND/OR TEXT OR, FOR SOME ACTIVITIES, MAY AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR ONCE YOU COMPLETE A GIVEN ACTIVITY.

Summary of hunt activities:

 a. Stage 1: You will log into your account and click on a button to start the hunt, and you must click on this button on a specific time of day on a given day. The day and time will be provided in an email and/or text to you prior to or during the Promotion Hunt Period. If you miss that window of time on the first available day, you can come back the next day during the same window of time to log into your account and click on the button. Once you complete this stage, you will be able to move on to stage 2 below.

 b. Stage 2: You will participate in an interactive adventure video. As you progress through the adventure, you will try to select the correct path to the end. If you select an incorrect path, you can start over and continue trying until you reach the end. Once you complete this stage, you will need to wait to receive an email and/or text informing you about the details of the next stage, including the day on which the next stage is available.

 c. Stage 3: You need to obtain two coordinates – a longitude coordinate and a latitude coordinate. These coordinates will be hidden at select Benchmade retailer websites, partner websites, and at certain physical retailer locations. You will receive a clue that will guide you to these online and store locations.

 d. Stage 4: Once you enter the latitude and longitude obtained in the previous stage into Sponsor’s www.hunttheweb.com website after logging into your account, you will gain access to view a Google 360 image. You will need to search this image for a hidden clue. Once you find the clue, you will then use the clue to answer a riddle to unlock the next stage, by entering the clue on Sponsor’s www.hunttheweb.com website after logging into your account. You will then need to wait to receive an email and/or text informing you about the details of the next stage, including the day on which the next stage is available.

 e. Stage 5: You will receive an email and/or text that will direct you to a landing page, and you must click on this landing page. You will then need to wait to receive an email and/or text informing you about the details of the next stage, including the day on which the next stage is available.

 f. Stage 6: Finally, in this stage, you will log into your account and search a gigapixel image to find the hidden elk. Once you find and tag the elk, you will return to Sponsor’s www.hunttheweb.com website, and you have completed the hunt. Your completion will be timestamped automatically.

Once the final activity is opened on March 9, you will only have until April 2, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PST to complete the final activity, but the sooner you finish, the better chance you have of winning a prize, as discussed below. The earliest you can complete the hunt is March 9, 2019 once the final activity is opened.

Each time you receive an email and/or text from Sponsor immediately prior to and during the Promotion Hunt Period regarding each stage of the hunt, please carefully review that message and comply with all stated requirements.

During the Promotion Hunt Period, you will be notified of details of the six activities via your email address and/or text (check email and text often) or, in some cases, once you finish a given activity, you will learn details of the next activity.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 10:26:42 AM »
not much for benchmade retailers in my area, highly doubt they'd participate.   

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 10:27:17 AM »

initial impressions?

Isn't that what most everything is?

You can only log in between 6-8am. I have to wait till tomorrow so I have no initial impressions yet.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 10:31:01 AM »
What is the bag limit on pokemons? I can't find it in the regs :dunno: Also- if remember correctly, you can only have one piccachu daily, two in possession?... :chuckle:
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 10:34:39 AM »

initial impressions?

D-R-I-N-K-M-O-R-E-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E :chuckle:
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 10:36:41 AM »
I'm thinking Jackalope is regretting this thread  :chuckle:

:sry:  wasn't my intention to rain on the parade  :chuckle:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 11:15:05 AM »
I'm thinking Jackalope is regretting this thread  :chuckle:

:sry:  wasn't my intention to rain on the parade  :chuckle:

Why would I regret it?

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
IF you get tag soup or treed by a wolf I'll know the game is realistic.  :chuckle:

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 05:55:52 PM »
As soon as I click on link with my phone.virus screen comes up warning me not to go there.I think I will pass on that. :dunno:
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 06:55:04 PM »

initial impressions?

D-R-I-N-K-M-O-R-E-O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E :chuckle:

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: You'll shoot your eye out.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 07:02:44 PM »
Benchmade sent me the thing the other day and I logged on this morning. Pretty easy to get to the spot to glass the elk. Really tempted to log my girlfriends email in and purposefully make bad choices haha. See how that goes.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 07:06:20 PM »
Looks like fun
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline frazierw

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 10:52:26 AM »
anybody getting a ton of spam email since signing up?

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal