collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looks like Benchmade knife company is anti-gun  (Read 13271 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Looks like Benchmade knife company is anti-gun
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2019, 08:46:34 PM »
Didn't we all get red in the face mad when that border patrol agent got killed by a gun sold by the government? Sure it's a different set of circumstances but wouldn't the police department have a huge black eye when a gun they sold is used in a crime? Shouldn't we expect the police department to follow the laws?

Many small police departments sell their seized firearms to help raise funds to help the department
So when Cabela’s sells a firearm used later in in a crime should they be ashamed too?

What’s the difference?

One difference is that Cabelas isn't under a court order to destroy the firearms.

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2019, 08:47:25 PM »
Didn't we all get red in the face mad when that border patrol agent got killed by a gun sold by the government? Sure it's a different set of circumstances but wouldn't the police department have a huge black eye when a gun they sold is used in a crime? Shouldn't we expect the police department to follow the laws?

There is no court order it’s based on each PD’s admin policies

Stop spreading lies

If you deal in facts and your your brain the ATF knowingly allowed Mexican drug cartels to straw purchase firearms going to
Mexico that were used to later kill a BP officer.

Many small police departments sell their seized firearms to help raise funds to help the department
So when Cabela’s sells a firearm used later in in a crime should they be ashamed too? As long as they abide by the law no problem

ATF did not abide by the law

The optics of Benchmade destroying firearms and bragging about it was a terrible business decision

Offline mountainman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2019, 08:51:05 PM »

So when Cabela’s sells a firearm used later in in a crime should they be ashamed too?

What’s the difference?

One difference is that Cabelas isn't under a court order to destroy the firearms.

False☝
Many local agencies still sell (bid out) seized firearms. Some departments pass ordinances to prohibit, agency by agency
That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline ribka

• Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2019, 08:53:12 PM »
You have no idea what you’re talking about

No offense

M

What’s the difference?

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2019, 08:55:36 PM »
Here is the quote from the police chief, Jim Band, as well as the Mayor Dan Holladay:

We receive guns that are turned in from community members that they no longer want the guns and want them destroyed. We also have guns that are evidence and when a case is adjudicated the guns are ordered by the court to be destroyed.

Offline mountainman

• Frontiersman
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2019, 09:14:03 PM »
Meanwhile, here in Washington state:

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.098

Scroll to 2.a.

That Sword is more important than the Shield!

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2019, 09:31:13 PM »
This is a total nonissue:

The Police can have perfectly valid reasons to destroy firearms.   I imagine they get some junk and they might not have a gunsmith on hand to safety check these firearms.   Waste of a tool?  Sure, maybe.

Meanwhile, Benchmade was doing a civil service.   No shame on their end at all.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »

The Police can have perfectly valid reasons to destroy firearms.   I imagine they get some junk and they might not have a gunsmith on hand to safety check these firearms.   Waste of a tool?  Sure, maybe.

:yeah:

bout about those campaign contributions, I'm mixed on that one

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2019, 09:34:37 PM »

:yeah:

bout about those campaign contributions, I'm mixed on that one

Weren't those private person donations?
I didn't think they were from Benchmark,  but I could be wrong.

If I'm right, I wouldn't even consider holding a company responsible for a private parties contributions.
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2019, 09:40:23 PM »
if the private party happens to be the owner?

I'm not even sure it was the owner, but a few pages ago a HW'r said it was benchmade's owner giving money to dems, some of them rabid anti-gun.

If it's a private party donation, why is it flagged Benchmade?   Why wouldn't it just be a name?   That it's associated with benchmade means something? or nothing?

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2019, 09:56:55 PM »
if the private party happens to be the owner?

I'm not even sure it was the owner, but a few pages ago a HW'r said it was benchmade's owner giving money to dems, some of them rabid anti-gun.

If it's a private party donation, why is it flagged Benchmade?   Why wouldn't it just be a name?   That it's associated with benchmade means something? or nothing?

I don't know.

But it sounds like the Dem that got the most money is very pro 2A (0% Brady rating).     D or R, if he votes pro 2A, he votes pro 2A.

I also think I don't want to start using owners contribution patterns as a litmus test for doing business with them.
My tax lady is super liberal, but she does my very complex taxes really well
I love the BFRO!!!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2019, 10:02:44 PM »
Anti gun/hunters playbook.

1. Find a company, organization, or individual that firearms owners and sportsmen support.
2. Do research and find some dirt or something, however small, that may fracture the support.
3. Post it on a media site.
4. Grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show as the supporters rip each other to shreds.
5. Grin.
6. Repeat.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline ribka

• Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2019, 10:21:33 PM »
Here is the quote from the police chief, Jim Band, as well as the Mayor Dan Holladay:

We receive guns that are turned in from community members that they no longer want the guns and want them destroyed. We also have guns that are evidence and when a case is adjudicated the guns are ordered by the court to be destroyed.

The court does not order to destroy evidence . The court orders to dispose of evidence just like a seized vehicle

That again is a lie. 27 years dealing with this have never seen this

The

Offline Windwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2019, 10:38:50 PM »

Once the information from FPC is available the public will have a better grasp of the situation.

The writing is on the wall but without all the facts, perception of proof makes a poor foundation for decisions. 
That said, the evidence so far should give pause for thought and brings some valid concerns into focus.         

Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) is requesting that the Oregon City Police turn over “records about the destruction of firearms” from July 1, 2018, to the present. FPC is also requesting the police department turn over “all records that are, relate, or refer to communications with, to, or from Benchmade” for the same period.

"We receive guns that are turned in" (means nothing & isn't admission to a thing) "We also have guns that are evidence and when a case is adjudicated the guns are ordered by the court to be destroyed." Again - no admission if they were part of the inventory in question.  "We also have" points to they are still in possession.

Why didn't they just come out with a statement saying the inventory of guns destroyed was done in line with department policy and cases adjudicated by the court to be destroyed. Hence the renewed vigor of scrutiny.

"the police department follows Oregon statute 98.245 and 98.336 when disposing of property"  -

"These guns were required to be destroyed."
By department policy not Oregon Law - which we may disagree with but technically is fine.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Tom Paine
The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor, Success and safety of our bleeding Country depends

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2019, 11:49:17 PM »
Anti gun/hunters playbook.

1. Find a company, organization, or individual that firearms owners and sportsmen support.
2. Do research and find some dirt or something, however small, that may fracture the support.
3. Post it on a media site.
4. Grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show as the supporters rip each other to shreds.
5. Grin.
6. Repeat.

I completely agree.
I love the BFRO!!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]