collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf season year around....  (Read 10847 times)

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Wolf season year around....
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 07:31:59 PM »
IMO, Good and Bad in this.

Good for obvious reasons, Bad- Could possibly delay the delisting.....if it ever actually even has a possibility of happening.
With the criteria there is zero chance this will delay delisting.  There are way too many identified packs in that region.

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 09:21:33 PM »
Anytime I see wolf tracks I’m forwarding it along to the Rez bucks bulls predators page with a GPS pin. Hopefully they change the mt. Lion regs too!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 10:27:16 PM »

Good for obvious reasons, Bad- Could possibly delay the delisting.....if it ever actually even has a possibility of happening.
With the criteria there is zero chance this will delay delisting.  There are way too many identified packs in that region.

:yeah: :yeah: EXACTLY! This area is far and away above the requirement for delisting.IF the Colville's are so successful they remove enough wolves to take them to less then the 5 breeding pairs in this area that would be amazing and so good for them! But I do not see that being a reality. I just see this as a good thing and hope more proactive measures are taken. I like many are not opposed to having wolves but a FEAR of man and management needs to a priority.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 07:02:18 AM »

There's no way that hunting is going to eliminate the number of packs in the NE enough to negatively affect delisting guidelines. There are approximately 3 million packs in that area, approximately. There may be a few less than that.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 09:39:12 AM »
Delisting is a joke I believe.   If it is a possibility I think this may move it along.   It looks like this move was a good part at making them reevaluate Wolf management in this state.

:yeah:
If you're willing to wait around for this state to delist, you're crazy. They need to be killing now and if it's only the Colville's that can legally kill them on the north half, then fine. In the end, a bullet in the lungs is a bullet in the lungs. :tup:

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 10:37:41 AM »
Simple fix, same status as a coyote, spend on them only for damage.  I know, I know, wrong state

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 10:56:22 AM »
:tup:can the tribe sell them to non tribal hunters?  Be a good way for them to make money and clean a few more wolves out

I like this comment, the Colville Tribe almost held a bear hunt for non-tribal members, it was nearly approved. Since they have management authority I wonder of they could hold a non-tribal member wolf season? I'm not sure they could do it on the public ground in the north half but they could probably do it on tribal lands.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 11:53:28 AM »
Imagine the benefit of the Colville Tribe and the local cattle Farmers working together.  :IBCOOL:
Does Kretz work with the tribe much?

Offline wheels

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 12:44:00 PM »
glad to see

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2019, 06:12:19 PM »
Delisting is a joke I believe.   If it is a possibility I think this may move it along.   It looks like this move was a good part at making them reevaluate Wolf management in this state.

If you're willing to wait around for this state to delist, you're crazy. They need to be killing now and if it's only the Colville's that can legally kill them on the north half, then fine. In the end, a bullet in the lungs is a bullet in the lungs. :tup:

The tribe recognizes the damage an over population of wolves is having on the ungulates, and without an open season any amount of wolf control is virtually impossible while WDFW pretend everything is going along just fine. As Bone stated, if anything this will draw a comparison, and should generate some questions as to why WDFW aren't recognizing the impact wolves are having on the game herds etc.. On the other hand WDF&Wolves are probably comparing notes with their fake environmental partners, coming up with their propaganda spin, "wolves are good, they make the aspen grow and beaver flourish" and delisting is the farthest thing from their plans..

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2019, 06:53:13 PM »

I'm talking State wide.
But Like Bone said, could speed it up also.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2019, 07:09:15 PM »

I'm talking State wide.
But Like Bone said, could speed it up also.
Statewide? Your logic still makes no sense.  There's specific regional thresholds. That region has too many wolves even if the north half has zero.

Offline ne kid

• Scout
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
Just seen one yesterday Inchelium highway Lake Ellen turn off right by the road hope he hangs out there. Colville have been alerted. :IBCOOL:

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »
Anytime I see wolf tracks I’m forwarding it along to the Rez bucks bulls predators page with a GPS pin. Hopefully they change the mt. Lion regs too!

Send me them to. I have an in-law whoa colville and wants wolf pelts.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019, 08:18:55 PM »
I just got off the phone with my buddy in Republic who is friends with a bunch of folks in the tribe.  He said it was B.S. and it might be in the works but nothing solid yet.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]