collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: How much to build a rifle  (Read 2673 times)

Offline yorketransport

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
Re: How much to build a rifle
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »
Question..
If $300 is what you feel a far price, why drop off at a smith that charges $280 more then that? Even if it CAN be done by a high school kid? Must have been some reason??
I think he was trying to say that the "smith" was supposed to be some kind of guru and he thought it would be worth it.  Found out mid way through the project that he wasn't.

BINGO! I'll gladly recommend Alex Wheeler and Jim Borden since they're the only top named smiths I've personally dealt with who provide a top quality finished product and run their business in a professional manner that's in line with how I run my businesses. Every project has a different budget, time line and expectations and sometimes it doesn't work out to use the smith that I want. Other times I try somebody that's been highly recommended to me by somebody who's opinion I trust.

Offline NWShooter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RockyMountain Elk foundation, Mule Deer Foundation, NRA.
Re: How much to build a rifle
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 07:22:46 PM »
Exactly!Some crap Smith's out there. One of the worst Smith's I have ever dealt with. His named was pushed here. A complete and total joke, hack job work. A drunk Girl Scout could have done better work.

Live and learn. Can't ever go wrong with Kampfeld Custom. Should have know better than to try some hack punk.
A empty vessel makes the most noise.

"Every normal man must be tempted , at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal