collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Backcountry boots?  (Read 25707 times)

Offline ljsommer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • New hunter, hard worker.
  • Groups: NRA
Re: Backcountry boots?
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2019, 10:42:23 AM »
Just got Zamberlain GTX on sale at REI. I won't buy boots from anywhere else in the future, I think, simply due to how hard it is to figure out if a boot is going to work for you.
My last set of boots were fine up to 5 miles. Past 5 miles, nothing I could do would prevent heel blistering. Cabela's wouldn't accept the return as they'd been visibly worn outside.

REI will let me return these things no matter what for a year. So far the Zamberlains are holding up great (please oh please let that continue....)

Offline shmacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2019, 11:31:43 AM »
I'm currently using the Crispi Guides with Lathrop and Sons footbeds and loving them.  My pinky toes about wore off in Scarpas, and I'll never buy pronghorns again after a defective pair they wouldn't warranty.

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2019, 01:33:57 PM »
Just got Zamberlain GTX on sale at REI. I won't buy boots from anywhere else in the future, I think, simply due to how hard it is to figure out if a boot is going to work for you.
My last set of boots were fine up to 5 miles. Past 5 miles, nothing I could do would prevent heel blistering. Cabela's wouldn't accept the return as they'd been visibly worn outside.

REI will let me return these things no matter what for a year. So far the Zamberlains are holding up great (please oh please let that continue....)

Same boot I picked up. So far so good :tup:
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline kselkhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »

Same boot I picked up. So far so good :tup:

Love my Zamberlan's.  After many years of no issues, I managed to get a deep cut in the leather bad enough to harm the waterproofness this year (not the boots fault, my fault for tripping on the sharp rocks).  Zamberlan's North America service (cobbler) is in Seattle which is nice.  Rather than take my money for the analysis of the boot the guy told me to just save my money and put shoe goo on it.  So far so good on maintaining waterproofness with the recommended fix. The real test will be this November's backcountry hunt in the rain/snow.     But these boots have lasted me far longer than they realistically could be expected to.  I'll eventually replace them with a new pair someday.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline ljsommer

• Longhunter

Offline kselkhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »
Is this the boot you guys are referring to?

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/product/9789555/1005-hunter-pro-gtx-rr-wl-hunting-boots-waxed-chestnut

Those are the hunting model of the ones we're referring to.  The rubber rand and taller boot would be nice for hunting.  The Vioz GTX has held up nicely for many years.  My next Zamberlain pair might be those Hunter Pros. That 30% off sale in the link is nice.  Those things don't go on sale often. 

Offline ljsommer

• Longhunter
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2019, 02:31:58 PM »
That color is nice too, I prefer it to the black that I received.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2019, 02:35:03 PM »
Is this the boot you guys are referring to?

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/product/9789555/1005-hunter-pro-gtx-rr-wl-hunting-boots-waxed-chestnut

Those are the hunting model of the ones we're referring to.  The rubber rand and taller boot would be nice for hunting.  The Vioz GTX has held up nicely for many years.  My next Zamberlain pair might be those Hunter Pros. That 30% off sale in the link is nice.  Those things don't go on sale often.

I have a pair of Crispi's I bought last fall and they just don't seem to fit my feet right so I am shopping. Would be easier to do if I could just sell my other boots but might have to bite the bullet and scoop these up.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline greenhead_killer

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2019, 02:37:25 PM »
I’ve got an early season pair of zamberlans that are perfect most of the year. These ones Vandeman posted might be a great late season option. I like the brand overall though and will continue buying from them

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]