collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 Canadian wolves air-dropped in US national park to deal with moose  (Read 11497 times)

Offline Randysonia

• Pelvic Splitter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: 4 Canadian wolves air-dropped in US national park to deal with moose
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 08:06:00 AM »
I guess they don't know what a hunting season is.

They know! That's something they want to get rid of!  >:(

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 08:23:12 AM »

It's a national park.
:dunno:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 12:45:44 PM »
Should've built a wall.........
Funny you should say this. I tuned into the Limbaugh program and Mark Steyn was filling in. I love listening to him! Anyway, Mark mentioned the same thing about the wall to keep the Canadian wolves out. He also mentioned how the wolves kill the moose by ripping them apart with their teeth and tearing them to shreds in an excruciating death (this is the way of the demoncrats).
Those who support the wolves are very evil people and their deeds are extremely sadistic and brutal at best.
Mark always has a way of rubbing stupid peoples' noses in the stinky evil they create too. Sure gets me laughing when he does.
God gave man the responsibility of managing the animals.
Giving deer over to wolves is not proper management. Bringing in a non-native wolf with worms and diseases is not proper management.
To make the moose not huntable and use the poor excuse of it being a 'park' is nothing short of evil.

That pretty much sums it up! We need to get over the no hunting in parks. Hunting is a way more effective way to manage populations   

Offline Axle

• Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 06:01:38 PM »

It's a national park.
:dunno:
It's a part of Earth. We are to manage that area like all other areas on Earth. Designating it as a 'park' is a damned poor excuse to prohibit hunting and therefore - let loose non-native, disease-carrying giant dogs! This is nothing short of the demoncrat's agenda to end all hunting. Their hope too is to also kill off most humans.
I am the man what runs with the football: Jerry Clower

Offline Goshawk

• Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2019, 08:30:55 AM »
That's like introducing smallpox in Seattle to help with the homeless problem. 
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2019, 09:04:46 AM »
Should've built a wall.........
Funny you should say this. I tuned into the Limbaugh program and Mark Steyn was filling in. I love listening to him! Anyway, Mark mentioned the same thing about the wall to keep the Canadian wolves out. He also mentioned how the wolves kill the moose by ripping them apart with their teeth and tearing them to shreds in an excruciating death (this is the way of the demoncrats).
Those who support the wolves are very evil people and their deeds are extremely sadistic and brutal at best.
Mark always has a way of rubbing stupid peoples' noses in the stinky evil they create too. Sure gets me laughing when he does.
God gave man the responsibility of managing the animals.
Giving deer over to wolves is not proper management. Bringing in a non-native wolf with worms and diseases is not proper management.
To make the moose not huntable and use the poor excuse of it being a 'park' is nothing short of evil.

That pretty much sums it up! We need to get over the no hunting in parks. Hunting is a way more effective way to manage populations   

I completely agree that when parks have over-population problems hunters should bu utilized as a cost effective method to correct the problem rather than using professional shooters and essentially wasting the animals.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Buzz2401

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2019, 10:06:07 AM »

I like that idea, but made something a little more effective like Anthrax crop dusted over the city. 

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 11:09:04 AM »

I like that idea, but made something a little more effective like Anthrax crop dusted over the city. 

That would effect all those liberals as well as the homeless ............wait Fantastic idea!  :chuckle:
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 11:17:26 AM »
God forbid they open up a regulated hunt and manage them that way.
Congress has forbidden it under 16 USC 408k (enacted in 1942) which is a statute just pertaining to that park:

"All hunting or the killing, wounding, or capturing at any time of any wild bird or animal, except dangerous animals when it is necessary to prevent them from destroying human lives or inflicting personal injury, is prohibited within the limits of said park, nor shall any fish be taken out of any of the waters of the said park, except at such seasons and at such times and in such manner as may be directed by the Secretary of the Interior."

So Congress said no hunting, but fishing is ok.

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 03:11:25 PM »
Congress has forbidden it under 16 USC 408k (enacted in 1942) which is a statute just pertaining to that park:

"All hunting or the killing, wounding, or capturing at any time of any wild bird or animal, except dangerous animals when it is necessary to prevent them from destroying human lives or inflicting personal injury, is prohibited within the limits of said park, nor shall any fish be taken out of any of the waters of the said park, except at such seasons and at such times and in such manner as may be directed by the Secretary of the Interior."

So if congress said no hunting why would it be so hard for congress to say yes to hunting? If they objectively look at the situation they could make a good case to have a limited moose season? Way more effective than unleashing super wolves from the north. And if they want to actually manage the moose hunters can be regulated as to take wolves can not. Seems simple fix but maybe requires too much common sense? :dunno:  They have pretty much ruined the "study" by adding in outside influence i.e more wolves so that can no longer be a valid reason either

Offline optic2

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: 2AF, FPC, GOA, BHA, RMEF
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 12:57:45 AM »
If only there was a group of people that would not only kill the moose for free, they would happily pay A LOT of money to do it.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2019, 10:40:33 AM »

So if congress said no hunting why would it be so hard for congress to say yes to hunting? If they objectively look at the situation they could make a good case to have a limited moose season? Way more effective than unleashing super wolves from the north. And if they want to actually manage the moose hunters can be regulated as to take wolves can not. Seems simple fix but maybe requires too much common sense? :dunno:  They have pretty much ruined the "study" by adding in outside influence i.e more wolves so that can no longer be a valid reason either

:yeah: x2

If only there was a group of people that would not only kill the moose for free, they would happily pay A LOT of money to do it.

:tup: :chuckle:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline SuperX

• Longhunter

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2019, 07:36:25 AM »

That 77 year-old statute was obviously conservationally short-sighted. Because there are no natural predators, the moose population is destroying the habitat. Congress could quite easily amend the statute to include herd culling. It would take little to determine the carrying capacity of that park and have a regulated yearly cull to ensure the integrity of the habitat. After all, the statute was passed to protect the park. Now that we know it's failed in its purpose, it would only make sense to take steps to fix it. Introducing wolves, which will only travel to the mainland on the next opportunity, is a mistake and a temporary band-aid. To transplant wolves, not only do they need an EIS for the park, they would need one for the eventual migration of those eaters to the mainland. This is a great example of how the government can take a simple problem and comes up with a fix that creates further problems.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2019, 08:23:21 AM »
Bearpaw quote
I completely agree that when parks have over-population problems hunters should bu utilized as a cost effective method to correct the problem rather than using professional shooters and essentially wasting the animals.
[/quote]

Oh you mean like wdfw does with cougars here........

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal