collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trijicon RMR vs Leupold Deltapoint Pro  (Read 6538 times)

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
Trijicon RMR vs Leupold Deltapoint Pro
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:45:30 PM »
Who has one of these and why did you choose what you did ?
Have a Fusion Hunter 1911 6" in 10mm on it's way and now I think I want a red dot on it . Just not sure which one
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline crazywednesday

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
Re: Trijicon RMR vs Leupold Deltapoint Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 08:07:36 PM »
This guy has reviewed a slew of miniaturized reflex sights. https://www.youtube.com/user/SageDynamics/videos

The short version is that they are both great sights, but the RMR can withstand many drops from shoulder height without breaking the window.
Justin

Offline Goshawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 07:46:46 AM »
 I'm running a Delatpoint Pro right now on duty gear and could not be more pleased with it. Since it's a weapon mounted optic, it comes with Leupold's excellent warranty.  I opted out of the RMR after reading a study on several different red dot brands on a 15,000 round test. Leupold was the only one that did not fail, with the RMR coming in a close second.  I've also not been happy with some of the service regarding Trijicon sights, so between a lower cost, better warranty and a replaceable battery without removing the sight it was an easy decision for me. 
If I can figure out how, I'll post a picture.
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline huntandjeep

• Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 11:59:32 AM »
I'm running a Delatpoint Pro right now on duty gear and could not be more pleased with it. Since it's a weapon mounted optic, it comes with Leupold's excellent warranty.  I opted out of the RMR after reading a study on several different red dot brands on a 15,000 round test. Leupold was the only one that did not fail, with the RMR coming in a close second.  I've also not been happy with some of the service regarding Trijicon sights, so between a lower cost, better warranty and a replaceable battery without removing the sight it was an easy decision for me. 
Hmmm,  appreciate the info . Sent the slides back for machine work a month ago and decided to go the RMR route. Hope I made the right choice.

Offline HUNTNORTHWEST

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 02:03:07 PM »
Delta point shatters easy when dropped. RMR does not.

Ive seen it happen.
A remarkable experience is one where the pain is forgotten so quickly, the frustrations and struggles are forgotten the minute you’re done.

I can’t wait to do it the next time.

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 02:24:19 PM »
Hmmm,  appreciate the info . Sent the slides back for machine work a month ago and decided to go the RMR route. Hope I made the right choice.

You did!! I like the window on the delta point for field of view, but the RMR is a better optic.

Offline huntandjeep

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 05:39:30 PM »
Heres one of them . Still waiting on Fusion for the other ( recoating in Melonite)

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 06:49:11 PM »
The RMR is stout!!!!

Offline huntandjeep

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 08:11:13 PM »
The RMR is stout!!!!

Welcome back  :tup:.
Hope they can stand up to Underwood 10mm loads.
Decided on RM06's

Offline Goshawk

• Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 10:03:37 PM »

I'm sure you're RMR will be just Great!  Either is a hard system to beat. So far my Deltapoint is doing very well with all aspects of duty carry and CC drills.  Like anything weapon wise, find what fits your needs and run with it.  It's hard for me to imagine how they can build anything that runs glass and switches that will take the 50S&W but that's what they are designed for.
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 05:08:27 AM »
I have a fix for the shattered glass issue...

Don't drop your gun.... :chuckle:

No, but really I'm serious.

As for the optics, I know a lot of guys running the RMR without issue.

Offline BKMFR

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: WSF-Life member, F4WM, ITA, RMEF, MDF, ABF-Life member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 05:06:04 PM »
I’m running Delta point on Glock 40 10mm and have been very happy with it. No issues, reliable, and ease of use has me ordering another.  :twocents:

Offline 10mmg

• Scout
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 06:44:00 PM »
My Delta Point has taken the abuse from 10mm underwood ammo in the G40 platform just fine. I like the battery change option on the Leupold but I am sure either will work great. I do find the red dots get a little dirty if you run them with suppressed.

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 08:02:52 PM »

I'm sure you're RMR will be just Great!  Either is a hard system to beat. So far my Deltapoint is doing very well with all aspects of duty carry and CC drills.  Like anything weapon wise, find what fits your needs and run with it.  It's hard for me to imagine how they can build anything that runs glass and switches that will take the 50S&W but that's what they are designed for.

A .500 Smith doesn’t have much recoil. Even with full house hand loads. My S&W .44 Mag “Mountain” pistol has more recoil than my .500 Smith. Now if that sight could hold up on a .454 Casull “Alaskan”. I would be impressed.

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2019, 03:57:21 PM »

A .500 Smith doesn’t have much recoil. Even with full house hand loads. My S&W .44 Mag “Mountain” pistol has more recoil than my .500 Smith. Now if that sight could hold up on a .454 Casull “Alaskan”. I would be impressed.

I've had more optics fail on 454s than anything else. A 4 3/4" Freedom Arms model 83 in 454 will break just about anything you put on there! :chuckle:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal