collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Guided coyote Hunt  (Read 6552 times)

Offline Sologeek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • None
  • Groups: NRA
Guided coyote Hunt
« on: March 11, 2019, 06:21:15 PM »
Anyone know of anybody doing guided coyote hunts around SW Washington or nearby? I'm in the Vancouver, WA area and I don't mind a reasonable drive to somewhere.  I'm in a spot in my life where I have the time to go hunting again and I would like to have someone show me the ropes on coyote hunting. I've gone a couple times now with no luck and I'm out of touch with what and were people are going and gear they are using.

I have read various posts and watched you-tube videos about coyote hunting. I learn best when I am hands on and can ask questions.

Googling for "Guides" only brought up guides in Idaho or large game hunts. I like varmint hunting. If you know of / or are a knowledgeable guide for varmint / coyote hunting please let me know!

Thank you,

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 08:50:52 PM by Sologeek »

Offline konradcountry

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Re: Guided coyote Hunt
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 09:53:08 AM »
You might want to look into Arizona or Nevada if you want a guided hunt. I know that in Nevada you don't need a license and they have a lot of guides.

Sell it to the wife as a sun trip.

Or just post here in hunt swaps and offer to cover gas/hotel.

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:53:01 AM »
I’ll take anyone with me during spring/ early summer as long as I’m not busy. Shoot, year before last we killed 4 or so on 4th of July morning. Really responsive then and it is the only time of the year proven to directly help the fawns. But I’m in Ferry county. Bit of a drive for ya
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 11:18:14 AM »
Anyone know of anybody doing guided coyote hunts around SW Washington or nearby? I'm in the Vancouver, WA area and I don't mind a reasonable drive to somewhere.  I'm in a spot in my life where I have the time to go hunting again and I would like to have someone show me the ropes on coyote hunting. I've gone a couple times now with no luck and I'm out of touch with what and were people are going and gear they are using.

I have read various posts and watched you-tube videos about coyote hunting. I learn best when I am hands on and can ask questions.

Googling for "Guides" only brought up guides in Idaho or large game hunts. I like varmint hunting. If you know of / or are a knowledgeable guide for varmint / coyote hunting please let me know!

Thank you,

I think Jarrod Gibbons up in Okanogan does some guided hunts. Well, i know he used to anyway.

Site still says they do.
http://okanoganvalleyguideservice.com/coyote-hunting/
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline ThomMedic

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
  • Groups: evergreen sportsmen club, little rock, wa
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 12:50:37 PM »

Used them a while back and it worked out well. Stayed in a nice, reasonably priced motel on US-97 for two nights and shopped at a great sporting-goods store a half mile mile away in Omak. Yes the drive was long, but we made that interesting with stops on the way.

Offline Scopebit

• Tracker
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 03:16:47 PM »
I've asked my buddies that I hunt with over here in E. Wash.  Waiting to see what they say. We take beer and Long John Silvers as payment.

In all seriousness, now's the time we settle down and let the yotes rest.  They're paired up and about to have litters.  We don't really get going until Oct. (Oct. - Feb.)  For us, we let them rear their young and wait till it cools down.  Sounds like others hunt in the summer - no thanks when it's 98F.  Ask again in Sept...good luck regardless!

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 03:55:19 PM »
I've asked my buddies that I hunt with over here in E. Wash.  Waiting to see what they say. We take beer and Long John Silvers as payment.

In all seriousness, now's the time we settle down and let the yotes rest.  They're paired up and about to have litters.  We don't really get going until Oct. (Oct. - Feb.)  For us, we let them rear their young and wait till it cools down.  Sounds like others hunt in the summer - no thanks when it's 98F.  Ask again in Sept...good luck regardless!
Between now and may is the best time to hunt the yotes. You can take out eight with one shot

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline Tracker0721

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »
My record is 2 with one shot. Whole litter was hanging out outside the den opening! Yeah the fur prices are good but with how many predators we have I’ll lay em down as much as I can while the calling is easy. Shorts, T-shirt’s and shotguns!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short.

Amen

Offline Thermal Predator Control

• Thermal Predator Control
  • Business Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Brad 509.308.6551
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/3332220800145116/?ref=share
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 06:37:40 AM »
I live up in Okanogan and hunt for coyots alittle during mid summer, and once deer season is over I go a lot.  If you wanna go on a thermal hunt I can take ya out.  I hunt from Okanogan to Grand coulee to Royal city. PM me is your interested. 
I provide a service to cattle ranchers year around that have problem coyotes.  I also provide guided night hunts year around. I sell Night Vision and Thermal optics. The scopes I use are the NVision Halo XRF and Pulsar Merger XL50 LRF HD Binoculars

Offline Birdgetter

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »
In my opinion I would wait til the fur season rolls around.  :twocents:

Offline havoc1300

• Pilgrim
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 05:18:02 PM »
I’ll take anyone with me during spring/ early summer as long as I’m not busy. Shoot, year before last we killed 4 or so on 4th of July morning. Really responsive then and it is the only time of the year proven to directly help the fawns. But I’m in Ferry county. Bit of a drive for ya
..Will have to take you up on that..very interested

Offline Jerry malbeck

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 06:04:43 AM »
 :tup:
Love many
Trust few
Wrong None

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 06:39:10 PM »
 :) Jerry  Malbeck, will take you and he is a kind and patient person who will not yell at you, make you go all day with no lunch, or make you walk miles. He won't laugh if you miss either. 
   Hi Jerry!! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Carl
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline Jerry malbeck

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »
Howdy Carl.I dont do guided hunts anymore.Maybe two or three a year if I think I like the person  :chuckle: And they can talk me into it. Over the years I found that a lot of would be callers are not really interested in learning the fine details of how to set up a stand, approach,and all the things that make a successful set.Most just want to kill Coyotes.90% of the time I can make it happen but calling is hunting and sometimes it just doesn't.Then I feel obligated to provide a second hunt at no charge. I am semi retired now and more then ever value my time and abilities.I have always been a solo caller and prefer to hunt that way.I appreciate the kind words Carl, Throughout the years you have always been a good friend and I value that BUT most of what you posted is incorrect and you know that#1. I am not kind and patient,#2.I will not yell at you (until we get back to the truck),#3.Bring your own food or starve to death I am not your Momma,#4.If you can't walk for miles you need to get in shape or give up calling.And if you miss revert to #2. We need to get together one of these days and have some fun.I plan on getting after them come september.Take care and know you are always welcome on my stand. :tup:
Love many
Trust few
Wrong None

Offline Thermal Predator Control

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Brad 509.308.6551
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/3332220800145116/?ref=share
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2019, 10:46:38 AM »
Jerry,

I’ve heard a lot about you and I’d love to get together and hunt with you someday.  I am always wanting to learn new things about how to call coyots.  We have a mutual friend, Jim Kennedy.  Yes we are nightwalkers, lol.  I have a fair bit of private property to hunt and am always finding new properties to hunt also. If you ever wanna go, feel free to PM me.   I live in Okanogan and travel all over to kill um at night. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:21:10 AM by Baranouskas »
I provide a service to cattle ranchers year around that have problem coyotes.  I also provide guided night hunts year around. I sell Night Vision and Thermal optics. The scopes I use are the NVision Halo XRF and Pulsar Merger XL50 LRF HD Binoculars

Offline Jerry malbeck

• Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »
Jerry,

I’ve heard a lot about you and I’d love to get together and hunt with you someday.  I am always wanting to learn new things about how to call coyots.  We have a mutual friend, Jim Kennedy.  Yes we are nightwalkers, lol.  I have a fair bit of private property to hunt and am always finding new properties to hunt also. If you ever wanna go, feel free to PM me.   I live in Okanogan and travel all over to kill um at night.
Ahh  yes Jim Kennedy. love that guy, He has become a pretty good caller, He showed me he really had a passion for calling when I took him on a guided hunt.perhaps some day we will be able to get together and call a few stands.  :tup:

Love many
Trust few
Wrong None

Offline Sologeek

• Pilgrim
    • None
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 07:27:44 PM »
Hello all,
Well, I have several coyote hunts done now.  Learning that the Wind and scent are a pain in the butt to work with lol.  I've managed to get some coyotes coming in at 300 yards or so. Just a peek here and there and have had many call back and howl at me but I've not been able to get them to come in closer or leave the heave brush.

I hunt in a lot  of timber in SW Washington and rarely have anything over 200-300 yards with most stands in the 100 yard range.  Thank you for the feed back. I'm sorry for not replying sooner. I am still looking for someone with some experience to tag along with. As far as "Guide" goes I'm not going to be put out if we don't shoot anything. I've hunted and trapped in the past years so I'm not new to idea of not getting what I'm hunting for.  I'm very happy to just learn how to pick a good stand and some calling techniques.  I'm pretty easy going and looking at the long term benefit of learning the ropes.   

I've  hunted with a buddy every time and we often are not sure the best way to cover a given area.  I think we end up making to much noise.  The early mornings and long drives with no results are getting a bit tiresome though.  Were both vets from different branches of service so we pass the time talking crap and  passing insults back and forth. I would really like to shoot a coyote before he does! :D

Offline Sologeek

• Pilgrim
    • None
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 07:30:21 PM »

Thank you,

I think Jarrod Gibbons up in Okanogan does some guided hunts. Well, i know he used to anyway.

Site still says they do.

I'lll look them up.  I wished there were more going on in SW Washington. Seems like If I want to stay in the area I will have to hunt in Oregon.

Offline Sologeek

• Pilgrim
    • None
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 07:31:00 PM »
I live up in Okanogan and hunt for coyots alittle during mid summer, and once deer season is over I go a lot.  If you wanna go on a thermal hunt I can take ya out.  I hunt from Okanogan to Grand coulee to Royal city. PM me is your interested.

I'll send you a message. Thanks!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal