collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Where the Grouse At?  (Read 3413 times)

Offline jroc92980

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Where the Grouse At?
« on: March 06, 2009, 01:02:53 AM »
I want to get into hunting Grouse and was wondering where to go in the Olympia area? Any info or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Offline rasbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Legend
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
Re: Where the Grouse At?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:13:07 AM »
capital forest might have some btkr or michelle catwithboost will know better

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:08:42 AM »
To be honest with you, I take the family a little farther east of Olympia, Eastern Washington. 

The Capitol Forest is so freaking hammered anymore with other users; illegal brush pickers, hikers, mountainbike riders, horseriders, ATV riders, plus all the other nearby forests being locked up tight....every Tom Dick and Harry uses the Cap Forest to sight in their guns....in my opinion, the Forest is hurting. You may get a grouse....but if you want a quality hunt.....head east....or atleast find another open area..... Welcome to the site jroc92980
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 06:24:38 AM »
I agree with both Rasbo and Iceman.

There are grouse in the CF, but so are the people. Tons of people and shooting from sun up to sun down. :bash:

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:11:52 AM »
I agree with both Rasbo and Iceman.

There are grouse in the CF, but so are the people. Tons of people and shooting from sun up to sun down. :bash:

Tell me about it.... the other night there was shooting going on until around midnight.... I often wonder how no one ever gets shot out there....

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:41:44 AM »
save a grouse, kill a coyote. you could always try to improve grouse population for next year.
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:53:10 AM »
The Vail area also has grouse.........its not too far from Olympia.  CF has mostly ruffed grouse, but Vail has a fair amount of blues, especially if you can get into the higher elevations.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline jroc92980

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 01:11:23 AM »
Thanks for the info all. I think I will take addicteds advice and go shoot me some coyotes with my new 17 HMR :mgun:

Offline GrouseBane

• Pilgrim
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 11:05:25 PM »
I stopped huting cap forest after anti hunters vanadized the farm truck (broken windows and keyed it).  My bad for displaying a WDFW tag and having loose shels on the dash.  It's a slight drive but Olympic foothills West of Shelton and Wynooch area you should be productive and you will likely left alone.  I park and walk but there are lots of roads if that is your deal.  Just to many multi-users in the CF area.  For me CF no longer stands for Capitol Forest.
"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?"...The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Offline Mauser

• Scout
    • Dean's Hunting and Fishing site
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 10:34:15 AM »
Interesting replys on the Capital Forest. I talked to a game warden last deer season that insisted that the Capital Forest was the best deer managed land in the area. When I told him that I didn't know a local hunter that would waste their time there he got a little upset with me. I shot may last Capital Forest deer in the mid 80s and almost got run over by a trail bike taking it out. There are grouse there but I am not sure it is worth dodging all the other people.
I will hunt everywhere before I die

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal