collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Permits quotas rocking  (Read 13454 times)

Offline HighCountryHunter88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Permits quotas rocking
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »
The FB posts titled Jerky Season and dead bulls in trucks is glaring.
Tbar, do you think it’s ok if one member alone kills 25-30 bulls in one year, some years more, to satisfy the guys jerky business?  And that’s just one member that abuses the treaty. We all realize it’s not only the tribes, but it’s certainly part of the problem. Does your tribe, the nooksacks, abuse the treaties or do they self regulate?
You know how many bulls one member killed? Or wait, you read it on the internet so it must be right?

I was fb friends with one guy that I followed along watching him kill, jerky  and take orders for said jerky for about ten bulls before I couldn’t take it anymore and Unfriended him he documents it all pretty thoroughly actually
-Matt

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2019, 09:46:12 PM »
Tbar, do you think it’s ok if one member alone kills 25-30 bulls in one year, some years more, to satisfy the guys jerky business?  And that’s just one member that abuses the treaty. We all realize it’s not only the tribes, but it’s certainly part of the problem. Does your tribe, the nooksacks, abuse the treaties or do they self regulate?
You know how many bulls one member killed? Or wait, you read it on the internet so it must be right?

Blah blah blah, same crap....different diaper from a tribal member trying to justify the over harvest by some other tribal members. We ALL have bad apples and most of us are more than happy to see when poachers are prosecuted, but it seems tribal members always run and hide behind a treaty when it's one of their own. The good news is the wolves are taking over along with the other overpopulated predators, so there wont be anything left for anyone to hunt in 20 years. :bash:

I'm glad to see that the tribes don't care about the health of the herds and conservation is word that you say, but don't practice.  :tup:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 11:32:36 PM »

Blah blah blah, same crap....different diaper from a tribal member trying to justify the over harvest by some other tribal members. We ALL have bad apples and most of us are more than happy to see when poachers are prosecuted, but it seems tribal members always run and hide behind a treaty when it's one of their own. The good news is the wolves are taking over along with the other overpopulated predators, so there wont be anything left for anyone to hunt in 20 years. :bash:

I'm glad to see that the tribes don't care about the health of the herds and conservation is word that you say, but don't practice.  :tup:

I guess because ultimately the " tribes" allow this to happen yes but---
I know some members don't agree with the jerky business of killing 25-30 bulls plus who knows how many cows, it's just not the right members and in a significant number to make changes....

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2019, 04:21:23 AM »

I guess because ultimately the " tribes" allow this to happen yes but---
I know some members don't agree with the jerky business of killing 25-30 bulls plus who knows how many cows, it's just not the right members and in a significant number to make changes....
agree, not all members take advantage of their rights, the elders need to change their attitude about tribal over harvest before anything changes.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 08:11:15 AM »
Does anybody know how the Herrera v Wyoming case before the Supreme Court could affect the Yakama’s treaty? Is there any chance that a favorable ruling for the state could shut down other tribal treaty abuses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trophyelk6x6

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2019, 03:36:25 PM »
I was in Dayton unit September near Robinette and talked with two tribal members from Oregon who had taken 3 nice bulls (didnt see any they told me that) it sounded like they were designated harvesters for the Umatilla's.  Not sure how many they were allowed to take, but could you image getting to hunt in the Blues every year for elk and Oregon's Mt Emily and Walla Walla units. 

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2019, 03:41:08 PM »
Does anybody know how the Herrera v Wyoming case before the Supreme Court could affect the Yakama’s treaty? Is there any chance that a favorable ruling for the state could shut down other tribal treaty abuses?

It probably wont make a difference here in Washington.  Our liberal west side government and Judges will let the natives do whatever they want and they wont prosecute even if their is a law stating otherwise. guaranteed!!! 
Zonk Volmer

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2019, 04:32:06 PM »

It probably wont make a difference here in Washington.  Our liberal west side government and Judges will let the natives do whatever they want and they wont prosecute even if their is a law stating otherwise. guaranteed!!!

The State of Washington would have to sue and I agree that there is little to no chance of that happening.  Each treaty is different and I don't know enough to know how similar the two are.

Offline gee_unit360

• Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2019, 06:04:46 PM »
12 rifle tags for observatory which encompases 3 gmu's, down from 35. Pathetic

Ridiculous,  :mgun: WDFW

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »
How do we start a boycott of their jerky biz?  Whats the who, what, where on it?   Stop the demand for it might help ???

Offline bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2019, 06:53:16 PM »
How do we start a boycott of their jerky biz?  Whats the who, what, where on it?   Stop the demand for it might help ???

:yeah:

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »

You have me figured out for sure. 

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2019, 09:22:15 PM »
Yup and I read that you said it on the internet, so it must be true! :tup:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2019, 09:35:57 PM »
If what the “tribal ticket” is saying is 1/2 true, then tribal branched bull take is likely greater than the quality/bull permit take throughout the state. I’m not gonna go through and do it but what are there 700 (I counted and ballparked) branched permits statewide and a 50% success rate (guess). That’s 350 branched bulls taken by permit holders...y’all got ballpark estimates on tribal harvest? How does it stack up?

I’m not a tribal hater. Numbers is numbers.
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »
The real deal is when they’re offering a total of 78 branch bull permits statewide and God forbid someone do math or gohunt does some math and people buy it and find out that people with 1-14 points have a 0.000062% chance of drawing a tag during their lifetime.

I guess my point is that your kids may literally have a better chance of winning powerball than they do drawing a Washington quality elk tag in their lifetime.
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter