collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi season deer  (Read 11994 times)

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Multi season deer
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2019, 09:15:40 PM »
For the first time since its been offered i did not get selected - I always buy and use the tag so I'll be in line for a leftover but I'll have to decide which tag to buy for the permit applications.

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2019, 09:45:22 PM »
Finally burned my points and Drew deer! First time in three years!

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2019, 10:05:41 PM »
seeing people excited that they drew a permit in their home state to hunt deer for $150  :rolleyes:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Multi season deer
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2019, 11:06:43 PM »
seeing people excited that they drew a permit in their home state to hunt deer for $150  :rolleyes:

Haven’t you killed some world class amazing whitetails in your home state? Is it better or cooler to spend $500+ and go out of state to kill giant whitetails? Personally I’d rather spend $150 and stay close to home.
Seeing people crap in other people’s Cheerios for no reason ... :rolleyes:
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline BDildine

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/brian.dildine
  • Groups: TSC,, NRA Life, RMEF, PF
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2019, 11:44:47 PM »
Me and wife both drew deer w 1pt, dunno if we will both buy

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2019, 02:04:36 AM »
its a joke that as residents we have to pay this fee that many other states its included in the tag they buy. Doesnt matter what I have killed here and Ill gladly go outta state to hunt. Grass is far greener these days on the other side. Deer in this state might be at all time low or at least what I have witnessed and have seen happen in many areas of NE WA is sad deal. Dont get me started on the spring bear BS permit hunt in WA and the BS second deer tags that cost residents what is it near $70 unbelievable ! what is it to shoot a Turkey in WA as a resident? over $50?  :rolleyes: 

Also would never pay outta state NR fees to hunt whitetails
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:19:32 AM by huntnnw »

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2019, 05:11:13 AM »
I have gotten it mainly because of farm responsibilities, work and being able to get time off when I want to hunt.  It gave me 4 months to hunt however and whenever I wanted. If the weather is crappy(blue bird), you are targeting a really cagey critter or other things come up you can just pass, take your time and still have tons of season left.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2019, 05:20:07 AM »
its a joke that as residents we have to pay this fee that many other states its included in the tag they buy.
What MANY other states are you talking about? Quite a few are not and those are the ones that manage for quality not quantity and don't get in the predicament Washington is in.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 06:06:36 AM by Skyvalhunter »
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2019, 05:41:10 AM »
very few western states are a pick your weapon state. Allot are you buy a general deer/elk tag and you can hunt areas that are open to hunting with that legal weapon. ID,MT, WY to name a few

Offline RugerRay

• Hunter
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2019, 06:39:32 AM »
My girlfriend drew deer on her first year applying. No elk for me though.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2019, 07:53:04 AM »
very few western states are a pick your weapon state. Allot are you buy a general deer/elk tag and you can hunt areas that are open to hunting with that legal weapon. ID,MT, WY to name a few
Colorado, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, and Oregon make you pick a weapon. How many other western states are there other than the three you mentioned that don't make you pick? Also, Wyoming doesn't let you hunt archery and rifle (elk) in every unit. Some you have to choose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2019, 08:19:27 AM »
Lots of reasons for folks to buy or not buy the MS permits. Between work and family and kids extra curricular activities that I will be as present as possible at, the MS permits give me a few extra weekends where I can hunt. At the price of literally $10-15 a day, it’s ridiculously cheap entertainment. That’s my justification. We all have different reasons. I spent $100 yesterday on a family dinner out. We all know where that ends up 24 hours later.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2019, 08:26:07 AM »
I'll gladly pick a weapon for an AZ or NM tag,  I'm not sure those are fair comparisons.  I think if you lined up all of those states and asked the knowledgeable elk hunting community to rate them best to worst, we know where WA would be on that list, even if you had the multi tag.  The stinger is the multi tag costs resident hunters more than any other non special permit resident tag in any of those states.

I'm glad guys find value in it and wish them the best.  Comparing it to other states doesn't hold much worth in my mind.  Buy it and hunt it if that's the best choice in your situation.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2019, 08:29:35 AM »
Me and my buddy both drew.  Will have to wait until the Wyoming draw results come out to see if I will actually buy it.  The Washington state muzzle season is the exact time of the Wyoming rifle season.  Its a good back up option if we don't draw out in Wyoming.
Zonk Volmer

Offline Jpmiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2019, 10:17:49 AM »
I'll gladly pick a weapon for an AZ or NM tag,  I'm not sure those are fair comparisons.  I think if you lined up all of those states and asked the knowledgeable elk hunting community to rate them best to worst, we know where WA would be on that list, even if you had the multi tag.  The stinger is the multi tag costs resident hunters more than any other non special permit resident tag in any of those states.

I'm glad guys find value in it and wish them the best.  Comparing it to other states doesn't hold much worth in my mind.  Buy it and hunt it if that's the best choice in your situation.

Comparing Washington and it's deer and elk herds to other states doesn't make sense. How can we constantly complain about how low our deer and elk numbers are and then complain we don't have enough opportunity to go kill them? 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]