108 (71.1%)
I took the survey against changes
2 (1.3%)
I sent emails
19 (12.5%)
Ive done nothing because im lazy and/or dont care
23 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author Topic: STATEWIDE bear reg proposal 🤞  (Read 44236 times)

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: STATEWIDE bear reg proposal support needed!
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »
If they'd be ok with taking two bears I don't see why they wouldn't allow am otc spring tag. Keep the two bear limit regardless of the season just like a late and early deer hunt.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2019, 11:04:17 AM »
If they'd be ok with taking two bears I don't see why they wouldn't allow am otc spring tag. Keep the two bear limit regardless of the season just like a late and early deer hunt.

There is no reason not to have an otc spring bear.  And a lot of people are hounding the department about that too, and will continue to.  but in the mean time, what were getting now was the easiest change to make, because there has already been an aug 1st / 2 bear limit in place for the west side, so just making the east sides rules equal is an easy change to make.  We dont have otc spring bears anywhere, so thats going to be harder to get done.  For one thing wdfw is afraid of losing revenue, we have to convince them they wont.  thats why one of my suggestions was to make the spring and fall tags separate, so if a guy doesnt fill his spring bear tag, its no good in the fall, he would have to buy a fall bear tag.  thats one way to offset revenue loss from no special permit app fees.  Some people may not like that idea, but it is an idea at any rate, and youre all welcome to come up with better ideas that will convince wdfw that otc spring wont be a revenue loss.  Another reason that otc spring will be harder to get is that spring bear hunting receives more backlash from anti hunters, because they think that sows with little cubs get slaughtered en masse in the spring.  A proposal for otc spring would have anti hunters fighting it way more than a proposal to give the east side the same fall rules that the west side already has.  So if otc spring was a part of this proposal, there would be more of a fight from anti hunters, and if they won we would get nothing.  Having spring bear bundled into this proposal would just increase the chances that it gets shut down entirely, and we walk with nothing at all.  so i think its best that we start out with the proposal as is, to make it easier to get these changes through, then get the increased spring hunting brought up separately. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 11:21:22 AM by Bango skank »

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2019, 01:57:55 PM »
 :yeah: I've talked with both Kelly Susewind and Anis Aoude about OTC spring bear tags and both have said that the spring bear season would be to political and they would have a hard time selling it. Baby steps, lets get this approved then move on to spring season, maybe add more spring permits and work our way up from there. At least this proposal is a step in the right direction.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2019, 02:18:22 PM »
Well said!

Id be happy with increased spring draw tags too, a big increase where at first it would be rare to not get drawn, can always reduce later if the bear population goes downhill (it won't)
 Increasing the tags should br easy, especially after that study showing bear #1 killer of fawns and calves.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2019, 02:29:56 PM »

Id be happy with increased spring draw tags too, a big increase where at first it would be rare to not get drawn,

Two ways for this.  Increasing permit numbers in current spring bear units, and adding spring bear opportunities in additional units that dont currently have them.  A combination of both would be ideal.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2019, 02:36:28 PM »
No loss of revenue, might gain more actually.
But I doubt we'll get a spring bear in the grizz zones

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2019, 02:38:47 PM »
113 would be a great fall hunt, no spring season and a ton of bear, loaded with huckleberries still ripe in aug

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: NE Bear regs
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2019, 04:25:42 PM »
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZN5J298

Done

Aug 1 needs to happen, it should have been done years ago.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Old Deer Slayer

• Pilgrim
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2019, 02:31:42 PM »
Forwarded your request today, Sunday at 2:30.  80+ addressees.  And took the survey, too.  We need this, badly. 

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »
:tup: done, hopefully my voice counts still. I would even hunt WA as a non-resident first 2 weeks of August!!  :tup:

I am going to e mail when I get to computer. I will make the trip in August as well!

Offline crazywednesday

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2019, 06:50:22 PM »
dun
Justin

Offline JM

• Scout
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2019, 11:36:31 PM »
:yeah: I've talked with both Kelly Susewind and Anis Aoude about OTC spring bear tags and both have said that the spring bear season would be to political and they would have a hard time selling it. Baby steps, lets get this approved then move on to spring season, maybe add more spring permits and work our way up from there. At least this proposal is a step in the right direction.

I’m sure I can speak for everyone on here when I say that I appreciate you lobbying for more hunting opportunity. When they yanked hound hunting in the mid 90s my grandpa got rid of all of his hounds but 2. Hound hunting and trapping were things that went back in my family generations and it was all taken away in one day by people that didn’t know what they were voting and by a spineless government agency.

The two bear limit on the west side wasn’t given to hunters because fish and game cared about their clients! It was put in place to attempt to reduce the amount of bears peeling trees and destroying timber farmers investments. Now I see it as their attempt to reduce the complaints by east side hunters for the reduction of elk and deer tags.

The game department needs to understand that we pay their bills. Until this point is made clear we’ll be eating the gristle for the rest of our lives and my grandkids will be showing pictures of me with deer and elk to their friends and explaining an old past time called hunting. It’ll be the exact same way I talk about hound hunting

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2019, 08:59:15 AM »
Survey needs to be taken and emails sent before thursday! Dont delay, do it now.  and get everybody you can to at least take the survey. 

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: NE Bear regs
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2019, 09:52:41 AM »
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZN5J298

Survey link above, email contacts below.

Wildthing@dfw.wa.gov
Commission@dfw.wa.gov
Director@dfw.wa.gov
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]