108 (71.1%)
I took the survey against changes
2 (1.3%)
I sent emails
19 (12.5%)
Ive done nothing because im lazy and/or dont care
23 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author Topic: STATEWIDE bear reg proposal 🤞  (Read 44206 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: STATEWIDE bear reg proposal 🤞
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2019, 03:32:33 PM »
Anxious to hear what the temper of the discussion was at the meeting if anybody knows

Offline KB88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Scout
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2019, 12:03:05 AM »
Any updates after the meeting?

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2019, 05:55:28 AM »
I haven't heard back from the guy I know that went but looking at the Commission meeting agenda and the summary of the rule change they are not going to vote on whether to adopt the change until June 28 during a conference call meeting.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2019, 12:27:46 PM »
The commission agenda showed june 14th at 1:40pm was the time they would be discussing the bear regs.  Anybody feel like getting on the wdfw website and watching that part of the video? Im on the ocean on crappy satellite internet, so i cant watch it.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »
The commission agenda showed june 14th at 1:40pm was the time they would be discussing the bear regs.  Anybody feel like getting on the wdfw website and watching that part of the video? Im on the ocean on crappy satellite internet, so i cant watch it.
I looked and don’t see minutes or audio yet. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong spot?

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2019, 01:00:38 PM »
Might be a couple days before its posted.  They live stream them, but dont necessarily have the videos uploaded right away.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2019, 11:00:33 AM »
I haven't heard back from the guy I know that went but looking at the Commission meeting agenda and the summary of the rule change they are not going to vote on whether to adopt the change until June 28 during a conference call meeting.

Well, at least this gives me a date that I can use to tell Little Pathfinder "Stop asking me until after the 28th."  I'm not kidding, he asked me like 5 times this weekend if they changed the rule yet... :chuckle: :chuckle:
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline WildlifeAssassin

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2019, 11:08:22 AM »
https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/commission-reviews-skagit-elk-action-plan-2020-proposed-legislation

They posted the video. 5+ hours of video. Trying to find the bear part, will post back if I do. If someone else finds it please post what time in the video it happens.

Video 1
1:12 - old lady claims increasing bear hunting is without science, then claims people who don’t hunt will fund the dept if informed of wildlife areas and birdwatching. She of course has no “science” to back up her claims.

1:25:30 - a guy drops some science on predator/prey interactions. Study showed lions responsible for 49% of fawn predation.

I have scanned most of it with no real substance on bear hunting, I can’t watch anymore of this nonsense, new respect for members of the commission. 5 hours of incredibly boring, slow procedure filled with people complaining. Ugh  :puke:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:39:35 PM by WildlifeAssassin »

Offline HoytHunter24

• Tracker
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2019, 09:56:46 AM »
Starts at 4 hours 13 minutes.

End 4 hours and 36 minutes.

It sounds like it was just a proposal and asked for comments. No decision to be made yet. Sounded like most support it except for the bear-loving hippie that was there.

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2019, 12:06:12 PM »

It sounds like it was just a proposal and asked for comments. No decision to be made yet. Sounded like most support it except for the bear-loving hippie that was there.

Dont understand your "just a proposal" comment.  What do you think the point of a proposal is? They are making the final decision next week, and if approved it goes into effect this season.

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »
https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/commission-reviews-skagit-elk-action-plan-2020-proposed-legislation

They posted the video. 5+ hours of video. Trying to find the bear part, will post back if I do. If someone else finds it please post what time in the video it happens.

Video 1
1:12 - old lady claims increasing bear hunting is without science, then claims people who don’t hunt will fund the dept if informed of wildlife areas and birdwatching. She of course has no “science” to back up her claims.

1:25:30 - a guy drops some science on predator/prey interactions. Study showed lions responsible for 49% of fawn predation.

I have scanned most of it with no real substance on bear hunting, I can’t watch anymore of this nonsense, new respect for members of the commission. 5 hours of incredibly boring, slow procedure filled with people complaining. Ugh  :puke:

Sounds like what H-W moderators have to put up with  :chuckle:
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Offline HoytHunter24

• Tracker
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2019, 12:39:15 PM »

Dont understand your "just a proposal" comment.  What do you think the point of a proposal is? They are making the final decision next week, and if approved it goes into effect this season.

What i was saying is the video sounded like a presentation of a proposal. Dont need to get your panties in a bunch  :tup:

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2019, 12:43:09 PM »
My panties arent in a bunch

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2019, 01:57:00 PM »

What i was saying is the video sounded like a presentation of a proposal. Dont need to get your panties in a bunch  :tup:
that'll teach you ya to try and be helpful :rolleyes:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2019, 03:04:33 PM »

Thanks for posting the times.  I am optimistic.  Didn't hear anything that might kill the proposal.  Sounded to me like WDFW "wants" to do it. 
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]