108 (71.1%)
I took the survey against changes
2 (1.3%)
I sent emails
19 (12.5%)
Ive done nothing because im lazy and/or dont care
23 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author Topic: STATEWIDE bear reg proposal 🤞  (Read 44260 times)

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
Re: STATEWIDE bear reg proposal 🤞
« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2019, 11:11:10 AM »
Emails already sent
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline avidnwoutdoorsman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF, PF, TU, DU, BCWF, NRA, BCH&A
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2019, 11:57:46 AM »
Emails already sent

Who y'all emailing, I want to send a few.
Keep Calm Gobble On

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2019, 12:04:18 PM »
Wildthing@dfw.wa.gov
Commission@dfw.wa.gov
Director@dfw.wa.gov
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

• Forum Sponsor
  • Scout
STATEWIDE bear reg proposal 🤞
« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
Emailed out boys at WDFW about the Grizzly's in the North Cascades. My position was that they shouldn't help expedite the process in any way; e.i. transplanting bears from elsewhere. Let it happen but let it happen naturally. Their response was as followed FYI:

Thank you for contacting the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife(WDFW).

WDFW is not reintroducing Grizzly Bears into Washington state.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service(USFWS) and National Park Service(NPS), is looking to establish a 200 bear population in the 6.1million acres of the North Cascades Ecosystem over a 25 to 100 year timeline. WDFW would respond to “grizzly bear” calls where the public are concerned about human safety or property damage whether they are truly black bears or are in fact are grizzlies. WDFW would add this in to similar work we do related to black bears, cougars, wolves and other wildlife, which would minimize the “new” work load in the North Cascades. To offset costs of grizzly work, the agency would likely seek funds from USFWS and/or NPS.

The USFWS and NPS in March of 2017, hosted a series of public meetings around Washington state. During these meeting public impute was taken. Public impute was also accepted online at, https://parkplanning.nps.gov/documentsOpenForReview.cfm?parkID=327&projectID=44144. At this time both agencies are no longer accepting public impute.

For more information on this plan, including the formal process for filing an objection with the NPS, please visit https://parkplanning.nps.gov/projectHome.cfm?parkID=327&projectID=44144.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:36:36 PM by avidnwoutdoorsman »
Keep Calm Gobble On

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2019, 04:46:11 PM »
Theres a separate thread about the grizzly plan, this one is about the fall black bear regs, it just kind of got hijacked.  https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,240388.0.html

• Forum Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2019, 05:38:08 PM »
Was looking for that thread. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep Calm Gobble On

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2019, 12:18:29 AM »
Fall bear changes will be decided upon in the conference call today at 08:30.  Did anybody sign up to call in and listen? I wont be able to.  At any rate, hoping to hear good news by monday at the latest.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:25:02 AM by Bango skank »

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2019, 07:24:04 AM »
Fall bear changes will be decided upon in the conference call today at 08:30.  Did anybody sign up to call in and listen? I wont be able to.  At any rate, hoping to hear good news by monday at the latest.

I won't.  I'm actually driving up your direction for a wedding.  I'll have to log on tonight and see what happened.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2019, 07:27:11 AM »
I just received call-in instructions... Now I just have to be able to shut my office door.  We'll see!

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2019, 08:13:13 AM »
Got my instructions yesterday, I'm hoping to be left alone at least until after the bear decision.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2019, 08:32:43 AM »
Got my instructions yesterday, I'm hoping to be left alone at least until after the bear decision.
:chuckle: exactly where I'm at.  I have it on speaker/mute so I'm hoping we can get to that bear talk before someone pops in.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2019, 08:53:03 AM »
Recommendation is to make 2 bear bag limit state wide, and open fall bear Aug 1 statewide.  They also want to remove a handful of GMUs from the regs due to an apparent lack of black bear population.

It was said that there has been a lot of write-in support for this decision.  The commissioner who said this mentioned spring bear seasons and asked how we're going to protect sows with cubs in the spring... The guy who made the proposal was very tactful and explained again that this is for FALL bear  :chuckle:

Commissioner Baker is against this rule change because WDFW doesn't actually know how many bears are on the east side.  She mentioned a study that was done that concluded that they don't know.  The guy who brought the rule change proposal corrected her and informed her that there haven't been any population density studies, but instead a study to determine how to determine density of population... And on that study, they concluded that the east side does technically have a higher density bear population.  I like this guy - he's very tactful with the ign'ant folks from Olympia :chuckle:

So then Baker backpedaled and rambled about how we really need better black bear population estimates before we make this rule change.  I think she's kind of played her cards out LOL

They asked why Spring Bear proposals weren't brought to this meeting.  Apparently the guy proposing the change said they felt that the two issues should remain separate because Spring Bear has it's own level of debate nationwide and it should be it's own issue.  They are considering some changes that they'll bring in September.

VOTE --- APPROVED!

:IBCOOL: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:

Offline WildlifeAssassin

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »
That is an accurate description of the discussion. APPROVED!

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2019, 08:56:55 AM »
ctwiggs1, nice write up, were you writing as they were talking?  :)  I did find the comments about spring bear interesting. We are really going to need to rally around that one.   

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal