collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Washington State Stuck It To The RV'ers!  (Read 5203 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Washington State Stuck It To The RV'ers!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 12:16:39 PM »
I never understood the slide in truck camper either.  It should just be cargo. 

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 07:57:37 AM »
 Make sure you remove the VIN. They will track you down and bill you for removal. At 6 bucks a crack they will hire a whole bunch of track you downers.

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 08:01:05 AM »

I think, if you can shut the tailgate, then it can be considered cargo, and no license is needed.  Not positive though.

I think it had something to do with overhanging the bumper or bed or something like that.

Offline ne kid

• Scout
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2019, 08:08:23 AM »
I think it is to pay the scrappers and scrapyards to incentivise. More being hauled to be scrapped. I've got 5 on a piece of property I bought, and can't get anyone to haul them off.

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 11:40:33 AM »

Yeah. Paying to license my slide in camper when I already pay tonnage for my pickup is BS.

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2019, 08:03:34 PM »
aogmitch - I came to a realization last night when I looked at my camper registration.  Why do I pay to register my camper!?!?!  DMV has nothing to do with the camper.  I pay plenty extra to license a one ton truck with DMV.  I get paying extra because it's a bigger truck and can potential continually haul around more weight.  Register a travel trailer - yes you are putting more wheels and weight on the road.  I'm already paying for my wheels and weight on the road.

Sorry I had to get a soap box somehow.  I won't even get  into the extra fee!  Think I'll just join the crowd that doesn't register it and dump on the side of I5 when I'm done so the rest of you can pay to have it hauled off  :sry:

Yeah. Paying to license my slide in camper when I already pay tonnage for my pickup is BS.

Could not agree more! Our last camper was an 8ft and I just took the plate off and did not license it. It was a pop up and literally was smaller than my canopy! It really angered me. Our current on is 10.5ft and I get mad every year I buy tabs for it. I have several friends in law enforcement and having asked a few none would ticket for no plate but I just know I will get "that guy" if I were to do it.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2019, 09:45:16 AM »
Getting rid of an abandoned car is a PIA, a motor-home is horrible!

Sell it to the vagrants in Seattle.
There is noway they are checking the registration on all those "abandoned Homeless shelters" lining the Seattle streets and side walks.

:chuckle:
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 09:50:16 AM »

My understanding is because RVs use the hwy dump stations. part of the extra fee goes to the Maintenance and building of those facilities.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 11:03:57 AM »
The dump stations are nice to have. My biggest issue is the same as what bornhunter said. More fees, more fee trackers to track more fees, more fees, more trackers. Paying for our own demise. 

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »
"How to register a camper
What is a camper?

In Washington, a camper is a recreational lodging unit with a floor that is designed to be mounted on a truck to provide facilities for human habitation with an overall length and height of 5 feet or more when fully extended.

Even if the owner has chosen to permanently attach the camper to the pickup, the 2 units must be titled and licensed separately.

Note: Before 1990, a camper welded to a truck was allowed to be registered as a motorhome. A truck and camper must now be titled and licensed separately, even if the camper has been welded to the pickup. Washington law no longer recognizes a permanently attached camper and pickup as a motorhome. If you have wish to title or register a truck and camper that have previously been titled as a single motorhome, you will need to apply for separate titles and registration documents on both vehicles. Both must be retitled at the same time unless one is destroyed, sold out of state or held in a dealer’s inventory.
How to title and license a camper

Follow the steps to Transfer ownership to apply for a title and registration.

Note: Any camper attached to a vehicle registered in Washington must be licensed in Washington; the RV Disposal Fee applies."

So, if its designed to be on the bed of a truck but happens to be on the bed of a trailer behind a truck. Is it still a camper?

Offline ghosthunter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2019, 11:43:43 AM »
I deal with these crappy motorhomes once or twice every week. I manage a large private complex along I-5 and it is a regular problem. I have a note book of photos of motorhomes that have been trespassed from the property. Just ran one off for the 2nd time.
Our tow company wont even tow them anymore it is such a huge problem.

They are often full of hazardous materials.  One in 20 they might track down the owner. The folks in them have no money so they are not paying for anything and you cant make them. They just walk away and leave them on public land for the taxpayers to handle. Saw two being loaded on low boys across the street last week.

It is a state wide problem. Just look when you travel around. And check out how many are sitting on private property rotting away. Sooner or later they will have to be handled.

If think anyone is going to be held accountable than you must be a believer in unicorns. They need a new way to track rvs and motorhomes from the time they are purchased for life. The present system cant do it.  :twocents:

Sooner or later they will have to tax the manufactures.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2019, 12:00:17 PM »
I deal with these crappy motorhomes once or twice every week. I manage a large private complex along I-5 and it is a regular problem. I have a note book of photos of motorhomes that have been trespassed from the property. Just ran one off for the 2nd time.
Our tow company wont even tow them anymore it is such a huge problem.

They are often full of hazardous materials.  One in 20 they might track down the owner. The folks in them have no money so they are not paying for anything and you cant make them. They just walk away and leave them on public land for the taxpayers to handle. Saw two being loaded on low boys across the street last week.

It is a state wide problem. Just look when you travel around. And check out how many are sitting on private property rotting away. Sooner or later they will have to be handled.

If think anyone is going to be held accountable than you must be a believer in unicorns. They need a new way to track rvs and motorhomes from the time they are purchased for life. The present system cant do it.  :twocents:

Sooner or later they will have to tax the manufactures.

Who will then just tack it on a price for buyers. Then we get to pay more in the beginning and for the life of it. Perfect...

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »
Just pay your $6.00 and quit your whining. You are lucky it is not a $100.00(it will take a few years to ramp up to that amount). Its a small price to pay to help clean up a major problem. You are lucky if you don't have to also pay the  Regional Transit Authority (RTA) tax that many of us pay. That one is worth whining about.

Offline NorseNW

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
Just pay your $6.00 and quit your whining. You are lucky it is not a $100.00(it will take a few years to ramp up to that amount). Its a small price to pay to help clean up a major problem. You are lucky if you don't have to also pay the  Regional Transit Authority (RTA) tax that many of us pay. That one is worth whining about.

Pegasus - don't you dare bring logic and reasoning into this!  You are ruining the complaint!  In all reality you are right.  1st World problems and as for the RTA - yeah that's a darn near worth moving BS tax right there.  Thanks for the reality check

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2019, 12:29:20 PM »

I wouldn't call it whining. I'd call it, knowing it won't fix squat. It's just another money grab for the lefts tax payer supported, growing, homeless, voter base.       

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]