collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chevy colorado owners? Yall happy with them?  (Read 8973 times)

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: Chevy colorado owners? Yall happy with them?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2019, 08:48:06 AM »
adjust your projectors up a bit   :dunno:

Adjust them too far up and you'll get everyone high beaming you.  I use my fog lights a lot .

I'm also putting in a single light bar in the bumper and everything will be tied to my high beam power, so when I dim all the LED addon lights will go off but fog lights stay on.
Yeah I was thinking that might be the trade-off.  I have to go to the dealer for my plates and spare keys in a couple weeks, I'll get them to do it.  Here's a couple pics from today to illustrate. 

That line or sharp edge at the top there is pretty much normal for everything these days it seems. My Explorer does it too. It's annoying as hell.

Isn't that cutoff on all new LEDs with projectors?
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline SuperX

• Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2019, 03:56:17 PM »
adjust your projectors up a bit   :dunno:

Adjust them too far up and you'll get everyone high beaming you.  I use my fog lights a lot .

I'm also putting in a single light bar in the bumper and everything will be tied to my high beam power, so when I dim all the LED addon lights will go off but fog lights stay on.
Yeah I was thinking that might be the trade-off.  I have to go to the dealer for my plates and spare keys in a couple weeks, I'll get them to do it.  Here's a couple pics from today to illustrate. 

That line or sharp edge at the top there is pretty much normal for everything these days it seems. My Explorer does it too. It's annoying as hell.
It makes it so hard to see ahead when you are going downhill and start back uphill, you have to be flat to the road to see much of anything past 100 feet.  I can imagine it would be very hard to see off road where you are constantly up and down hills.  Maybe that's why so many use aux lighting.

Offline LastLookTaxidermy

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
    • Last Look Taxidermy Studio
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2019, 05:20:24 PM »
We have the 2016 zr1 crewcab diesel. We use it for forestry work. 146,000miles. Been a fantastic truck. Small enough to turn around on small forest roads. With stock tires it was getting around 31mpg. But upgraded to nokian rockproofs and gets about 28mpg hwy. Tows decent too. Towed a trailer to Idaho for elk. Got about 16mpg average. Exhaust break is great, really saves the breaks. So far it's been a great little truck!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2019, 06:39:19 PM »
We have the 2016 zr1 crewcab diesel. We use it for forestry work. 146,000miles. Been a fantastic truck. Small enough to turn around on small forest roads. With stock tires it was getting around 31mpg. But upgraded to nokian rockproofs and gets about 28mpg hwy. Tows decent too. Towed a trailer to Idaho for elk. Got about 16mpg average. Exhaust break is great, really saves the breaks. So far it's been a great little truck!

There's an endorsement, if it holds up for the amount of woods miles you all put on, it's gotta be pretty good.

Offline SuperX

• Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2019, 07:02:08 PM »

There's an endorsement, if it holds up for the amount of woods miles you all put on, it's gotta be pretty good.
:yeah:

Offline magnanimous_j

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »

146k on dirt roads? That's impressive.

I've been waiting for the new Rangers/Broncos to come out for a while, but that's a legitimate claim there

Offline SuperX

• Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2019, 08:25:01 PM »

I've been waiting for the new Rangers/Broncos to come out for a while, but that's a legitimate claim there
If Ford made a ranger raptor I would have gone there first, but I'm totally sold on the ZR2 so far.  The headlights are just a niggle not a deal breaker for me.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2019, 09:23:29 AM »

Ranger has been out for a few months now.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »

If Ford made a ranger raptor I would have gone there first, but I'm totally sold on the ZR2 so far.  The headlights are just a niggle not a deal breaker for me.

If only they would bring it to the US.  Maybe in a few years.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2019, 04:21:58 PM »
that looks good.

I wouldn't want the plastic thingie bed/rail/light bar whatever it is behind the cab. 

Offline SuperX

• Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2019, 06:01:04 PM »

If only they would bring it to the US.  Maybe in a few years.

Sweet looking ride!  I saw a Shelby Raptor parked over at Bill Pierre ford and it looked mean! 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2019, 07:33:12 PM »
that looks good.

I wouldn't want the plastic thingie bed/rail/light bar whatever it is behind the cab.

Ditto.

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2019, 08:08:16 AM »
when i was looking at trucks, the new ranger was something i was interested in.. after checking out some colorado's i stopped by the ford dealership.
no 4 door full size bed on the ranger was the turn off for me.
the zr2 would have been in my driveway if you could do a full size bed 4 door.. so i settled for the z71.

Offline swanny

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • 9to5active
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2019, 08:42:10 AM »
when i was looking at trucks, the new ranger was something i was interested in.. after checking out some colorado's i stopped by the ford dealership.
no 4 door full size bed on the ranger was the turn off for me.
the zr2 would have been in my driveway if you could do a full size bed 4 door.. so i settled for the z71.

Sounds like you and I were in the same boat. I was wanting to hold out for the Ranger before I bought, but when they didn't give me the crew cab with 6' bed I decided the Colorado was the winner over the Tacoma.

I bought a 2016 Z71 in December and have put about 10k on it. Been very happy with the truck, it's a great size around town and gets good mileage on the highway during longer trips. I tow a 19' Alumaweld with it also and hardly know the boat is back there. Very happy with my purchase.

Offline JeffRaines

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »
I've had one for 44k so far. V6 LT Crew Cab

The only downsides I've had thus far have been squeaky suspension/brakes which seems to be an issue with these. Theres a TSB on the leaf springs that are the cause of some of it, something about dirt getting between the leaves causing the squeaking. The other is just the friction points between the brake pads/calipers. It isn't exactly a big thing but its annoying depending on the road you're on.

I get about 22-24mpg depending... around 18 or so if I'm staying in the city. I was getting more like 20 and 26 with the stock tires.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal