collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Side dishes...instant pot Hawaiian Macaroni salad  (Read 1253 times)

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Side dishes...instant pot Hawaiian Macaroni salad
« on: April 05, 2019, 08:37:30 AM »
ok ok.. i know this isnt directly related to wild game cooking, but i made this the other day when i did bacon elk burgers for dinner and it was delicious.  with summer around the corner, and lots of bbq time, this is a great, easy side dish.
I would say it's better after it's sat in the fridge overnight, so make it ahead of time for best results  :tup:
the recipe calls for cooking the macaroni in an instant pot... the texture of the mac definitely came out different than boiling, so i would say to follow that if possible.
Ingredients
- 1 lb large elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups of water (approx)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt
- 1 1/4 cups of real mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 3 scallions/green onions finely chopped

1.  dump macaroni into instant pot, add rice vinegar and water (liquid should be just above the macaroni, adjust the water as needed here
2. add the olive oil to reduce foaming and salt the water and pasta liberally
3. place top on pressure cooker and cook on LOW pressure for 5 minutes
While mac is cooking..prepare the sauce
4. In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar, and onion powder.  the mixture looks very thin, but once mixed with pasta and absorbed it will be just right
5. when pressure cooker is finished cooking for 5 minutes, do a quick release and remove lid and let sit for about a minute
6. pour macaroni in a colander and rinse with cold water and let drain then transfer to large bowl
7. add carrots, celery and onions/scallions to bowl with macaroni, then pour sauce over and mix well
add salt as needed, then refrigerate to let it all blend together

top with ground pepper or sriracha and enjoy!

Offline BackStrappin

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Side dishes...instant pot Hawaiian Macaroni salad
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 05:19:09 PM »
very nice ! Hawaiian mac salad is delish

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal