collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: work for the BSA  (Read 3444 times)

Offline wildcat23

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NWTF RMEF
work for the BSA
« on: May 21, 2019, 09:47:05 PM »
Any parents looking for a job for there kids or maybe your just looking for a summer job off from college. I am running a summer camp and we are looking for people that can work from June 19th clear through august 17th. We are currently looking for someone age 18 or older to run our bikes program we also have a position open as our head cook that requires a 21 year old. There are positions open for anyone 16 and older. At this camp they can learn valuable outdoor skills. All meals and lodging is included with Wi-Fi available. The camp is located on the eastern slope of Mt.Hood for more information please contact me either on here or by phone text or call 360-448-0213 my Name is Daniel.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: work for the BSA
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 12:07:17 AM »
As a BSA employee Alumni I have to say it was the best summer of my life. It was the magical middle time after youth before responsibility.  I hope you find some great young men for everyone's adventure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:53:58 AM »
Good luck, sounds like a great opportunity for the right person.  I wish I had someone in mind, but the ones I work with are all far too young.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 08:02:49 AM »
Which camp is it?  Baldwin?
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline dwils233

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:05:28 AM »
I spent 5 summers working for Camp Parsons on the hood canal and I can say it was as important and formative to my experiences as a young man as the US Navy was. There is no other job which offers that kind of leadership and responsibility to a young adult. It was also a frickin blast.

It does sound like Camp Baldwin, and if so its a beautiful camp. I went for 2 summers as a scout probably around 1996-1998
A promise made is a debt unpaid, and the trail has its own stern code

Offline wildcat23

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 08:21:08 AM »
Yes this is camp Baldwin I am the program Director there this year the past three years I ran the horse program.

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 07:31:25 PM »
Wish my son (17) did not have a real job this summer, he would love to do that. He just became the 12th Eagle scout in our family, 4 generations on the wife's side, just second on my side. Best of luck with camp, so many awesome memories....Brinkley, Parsons, Hohobus, No Yo, Pickett, Bonaparte... great times for so many. You have a special job my friend!

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »
Wish my son (17) did not have a real job this summer, he would love to do that. He just became the 12th Eagle scout in our family, 4 generations on the wife's side, just second on my side. Best of luck with camp, so many awesome memories....Brinkley, Parsons, Hohobus, No Yo, Pickett, Bonaparte... great times for so many. You have a special job my friend!
Well said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 07:36:41 AM »
Definitely fun.  I staffed two years at Camp Meriwether.  I attended camp one summer at Baldwin.  Summer camp is great leadership development tool for young scouts.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline wildcat23

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 02:09:29 PM »
Definitely fun.  I staffed two years at Camp Meriwether.  I attended camp one summer at Baldwin.  Summer camp is great leadership development tool for young scouts.
when did you staff there my near future mother in law is now the camp director at Merriweather but was previously Baldwins camp director for 15 years.

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 04:23:50 PM »
Merriweather is an awesome camp! Spent a week there last year. Heading to Bonaparte this year and am looking at either Parsons or Easton for next year. I will ask a couple of our older scouts if they or anybody they know are interested, best of luck finding a person to fill the position!
IAFF #3728

Offline wildcat23

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 09:46:19 PM »
Thank you all for sharing and assisting me in finding staff. how ever we need to find someone over 21 for our head cook they would have two assistants to help prepare meals for our staff.

Offline wildcat23

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 09:26:39 AM »
we also still have other spots available for anyone over the age of 16. If you are 15 we have a S.I.T program for you too come up for two weeks and learn and get the experience of being on staff. Also if you are interestead in one of the other summer camps in our council i can get you in contact with both those camps camp directors. Meriweather is a beach front property down near tillamook OR. and Pioneer is a high moutain alpine lake camp where they focus more on nature.

Offline wildcat23

• Business Sponsor
  • Tracker
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 09:53:54 PM »
We still have a few postions left at our camp any one that loves to swim. or if there is people that want to get in shape for hunting season and ride bikes all summer on back country trails. there our also spots avaible in our kitchen/commissaries if you or anyone you may know are interested in these jobs please give us a call @ 541-467-2550 we are at the camp now and my not be in the office so just leave a message for Daniel Evans that you are interested in a job and leave your name and number. or you can send me a personal message on here.
 :tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand