collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: From the Rocky Mountain Wolf Project  (Read 908 times)

Offline Goshawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
From the Rocky Mountain Wolf Project
« on: April 25, 2019, 07:44:19 AM »
I'm on the mailing list for these nuts under a different name just to keep track of the efforts in Colorado.  The exchange on their website was revealing so I posted it here.

"When the wolf was eliminated from most of the lower 48, nature adjusted quite well with an increase in bear, coyote, cougar and bobcat populations to feed on what the wolves had been consuming. Now, to introduce what is no longer a native apex predator into our native Cervidae herds without first reducing the other apex predators is ecologically wrong. Our existing Cervidae herds are already beyond stressed in many areas due to human encroachment, CWD, Climate Change, the literal impact of our highway vehicles, fencing that limits natural Cervidae migrations, herbicides, domestic livestock diseases well, you get the idea. It’s like dumping a NFL team into a high school cafeteria then wondering why the weaker kids don’t get enough food. Ok, that was a bit corny but you get the idea. Man played God once here by eliminating the wolf and now again by trying to introduce them without making room for them in the environment. That’s a disaster that will be played out at our expense as already proven by every western state that has gone before us. Idaho, Oregon, Washington they all are seeing their herds decimated in both numbers and health with the addition of wolves.

Trying to put wolves in a happy light by showing romping puppies is just nothing less than fraudulent. They are by their nature a very effective and by man’s standards cruel killing machine. That’s why they were eliminated in the first place; livestock predication and yes, killing in a bloodlust just for the fun of it, like other predators like weasels. See links if you are willing to have an open mind. Wolves like many other predators do not kill before eating their prey. It’s hard to watch, but it’s just their nature. Why waist energy on killing when they only have to cripple their pray before eating it?

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/opinion/columnists/cowboy_common_sense/article_1fa1a495-101f-5d24-8d79-c0658c8679c9.html

https://sacpaaz.org/news_education/common-myths-about-wolves-myth-1-wolves-only-kill-what-they-eat/

https://www.realtree.com/brow-tines-and-backstrap/wolves-slowly-kill-big-buck

I’m no armchair expert here. I donate a few hundred dollars every year to wildlife and habitat enhancement causes to do what I can for all of nature, so I understand the natural balance better than most. If this state is ready to introduce wolves without strict number controls then the only responsible way to accomplish this is to start killing off our other natural predators in order to make room for the new predators. Anything less will be another man-made natural disaster.
George
4/5/2019, 4:47:03 PM

Lance,
You're really missing the boat here guy. Introducing wolves into Colorado and other areas of the Rockies and Cascades is not about science or fact; It's all about feelings. How does it make us feel to hear the wolf howl? How does it make us feel to put back a native predator (regardless of the impacts)? How does it make us feel knowing if successful we can finally push for outlawing human hunting once the deer and elk herds are so drastically reduced by wolf packs that human hunters no longer have an abundance of game to hunt.

Donations are run and thrive on Feelings not facts, so leave your facts out of it. There's good money to be made here by pushing for wolf donations. City people will pay out hard cash to keep a wolf puppy alive and fed while walking past homeless children they refuse to see. That's just how feelings work. "
You'll never get a Big'un if you keep shooting Little'un's.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal