collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Montana results.  (Read 25669 times)

Offline MR5x5

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
Re: Montana results.
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »
Thanks Stein.

We struck out as a group.  Any idea if the surplus sale can be done by group or is it a mano a mano knife fight  :yike:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2019, 12:40:15 PM »
It says first come, first serve, so pass out the pig stickers.

Don't worry, your group will get one if you are there when it opens, it isn't WA.  I bet the servers won't even crash or show you a picture of "oh Deer!"

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2019, 01:54:09 PM »
So the alternate list is for people who want the combo deer/elk or just deer?  If you jut want elk you can just buy one May 6th?
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »
Here's the Facebook post:

Surplus licenses (elk only) will go on sale May 6 online only at 5am, The remaining licenses are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. The alternates list will be open from May 14-June 30, online only.

Not sure exactly what that means, maybe the deer only and deer/elk combo sold out?  That's my guess, but it is just a guess.

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2019, 11:19:31 PM »
Surplus tags can be purchased until the season is over. So a long a** time. But first come, first served. So buy quick.

Offline Britt-dog

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2019, 11:24:26 AM »

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
How long does it take to get my money back?
Not Selected

Offline 3nails

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
    • Jeff Hinkle
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »
How long does it take to get my money back?
Not Selected
Starting this year if you didn't check the "refund" box they hold it for you until next year and 90% goes to that years application.
Amadeo
https://www.youtube.com/@3nails337

Instagram    3nails_hinkle

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2019, 03:41:08 PM »
Here's the Facebook post:

Surplus licenses (elk only) will go on sale May 6 online only at 5am, The remaining licenses are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. The alternates list will be open from May 14-June 30, online only.

Not sure exactly what that means, maybe the deer only and deer/elk combo sold out?  That's my guess, but it is just a guess.
I am guessing a bunch of us were online at 4am our time/5amMST this morning.  I was on and submitting my payment at 4:16, system was really slow.  Got an "Internal Error" message. Logged on again and tried again two more times all before 4:40 am.  Credit card shows three pending charges but website shows no active tag.

Call MFW and the system crashed, too many people trying to get tags.  Message says all 393 tags sold before  630MST/530 our time.

My buddy clicked submit payment at 4:04 and got the same message.  Logged back on and when he got it a second time he gave up.  His card has two pending charges but no tag for him either.

The representative that I talked to confirmed that neither one of us got a tag even though our cards showed a charge pending.

She said there were 8,000 more applications this year than they had tags.

I personally blame Trump.  I never had this problem when Obama was President.  :chuckle:

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2019, 08:52:59 AM »
My buddy and I both just got this email.

Good morning,

On Monday, May 6th , Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks encountered  a complication with the purchase of some Surplus Elk Combination Licenses.  For some customers, an error occurred that prevented them from purchasing the license at the final stage of the transaction.  During this process, multiple authorizations may have been placed on your account. The credit card processer is currently working to release all pending purchase authorizations.

FWP has identified customers who encountered this error while processing their payment between 5:00 and 5:30 am, MST.   These identified customers will be given the opportunity to finalize the purchase the Elk Combination License they attempted to purchase before the licenses were sold out.

You have been identified as one of the customers that meet this criteria.  FWP Licensing Staff will be contacting you by phone over the next several days informing you of how you can complete your transaction.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you.

There were 551 other email addresses on the email list and only 393 tags so I am not sure how that is going to work.

More to come I am sure.

Offline et1702

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2019, 10:31:55 AM »
So the alternate list is for people who want the combo deer/elk or just deer?  If you jut want elk you can just buy one May 6th?

Alt list is for just Combo Deer tags.

ET

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »

ET

There are two alternant lists.  a deer/elk combo list and a deer combo list.  Preference will be given to those who applied in the original draw and didn't get drawn.  With that said, anyone can put there name on one or the other list (you cant put yourself on both).  If you applied for a deer/elk license then you will need to make sure you are on that list for the alternant list.  And the same with the deer license only.  Chances of drawing a license on the alternant list are close to zero if you didn't originally apply for any license at all, or if you put your name on the alternant list for a combo license that you didn't originally apply for.  For example, if you applied for the deer/elk combo and didn't draw and then put yourself on the deer only combo alternant list you will not get a tag until all of the unsuccessful deer combo only people get a license.  and the list never goes that deep.
Zonk Volmer

Offline MR5x5

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2019, 01:39:30 PM »

Don't worry, your group will get one if you are there when it opens, it isn't WA.  I bet the servers won't even crash or show you a picture of "oh Deer!"

Doh!  Their site did crash!!!  The big difference between MT and WA though is that they are going to be honorable and offer all that tried to buy a licensee between 0500 - 0530 an option to complete their purchase even though it puts them over their target allotment.   Seems they don't think the are so damn smart that they no every elk by name and are able to handle a bit of ambiguity in their count.  IMHO WA would never have taken this route.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »

ET

There are two alternant lists.  a deer/elk combo list and a deer combo list.  Preference will be given to those who applied in the original draw and didn't get drawn.  With that said, anyone can put there name on one or the other list (you cant put yourself on both).  If you applied for a deer/elk license then you will need to make sure you are on that list for the alternant list.  And the same with the deer license only.  Chances of drawing a license on the alternant list are close to zero if you didn't originally apply for any license at all, or if you put your name on the alternant list for a combo license that you didn't originally apply for.  For example, if you applied for the deer/elk combo and didn't draw and then put yourself on the deer only combo alternant list you will not get a tag until all of the unsuccessful deer combo only people get a license.  and the list never goes that deep.

I agree.

I was told that there were 8,000 more applicants than tags this year.  That tells me that not everyone that tried and now goes on the alt list is going to draw and nobody new on the list is going to draw.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2019, 02:02:18 PM »

Doh!  Their site did crash!!!  The big difference between MT and WA though is that they are going to be honorable and offer all that tried to buy a licensee between 0500 - 0530 an option to complete their purchase even though it puts them over their target allotment.   Seems they don't think the are so damn smart that they no every elk by name and are able to handle a bit of ambiguity in their count.  IMHO WA would never have taken this route.
The service rep I was talking to said that they had more sales than tags before they could shut the whole thing down.  Said they were going to have meetings and try to figure out what to do about it.  I asked if I was in the pool that got a tag and was told no, it was cut off at 5:30.  I said I got an error at 5:22 after I entered my billing info.  I was told sorry, you didn't get one.  Then got the email above today saying that I would be contacted.

Nice that they are going to make it right but it kind of sucks that they are going over their tag allocation to do it.  My guess is this overage is going to cut into the tags they offer on the alternate list making it tougher for those on that list to draw.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]