collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: May 1 st announcement for wolf relocation program in Washington  (Read 9995 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: May 1 st announcement for wolf relocation program in Washington
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 03:11:04 PM »
I'm not sure how people can think this is going to make a difference to NE WA. You should know the first place they will look at moving them is the Olympic Peninsula or possibly Mt St Helens. I get you want Seattle to feel your pain but they will never see any wolves. This is exactly what the predator loving groups have been clamoring for. I'm not seeing any positives to this.

It actually can make a difference to the NE if moving them closer to our state's densest population hastens delisting. That's the point of Kretz's bill.

Where do you think they're going to move them to when you say "closer to our state's densest population?" The wolves in the Teanaway are 3 hours closer to me than if they put some into the Olympics. Probably 2-ish hours closer to me than the Mt St Helens area. I live in King County(barely). There are wolves around Mt. Baker...probably 1.5-2 hours from Seattle.
Speaking realistically, you don't really think they'll put them anywhere close to Seattle, do you?

Speaking realistically, I think they'll go where the food is once they come over here. But the main point is filling the requirements for delisting ASAP and then we can start fighting with the eco-freakos about killing them.

And all I meant by my comment is that just because we meet the requirements of the wolf plan, do you really think this state will ever allow wolf hunting? Or any kind of management at all aside from shooting an occasional livestock killing wolf? That doesn't do jack.  Like fireweed said....after 10-20 years of lawsuits maybe then but even then I doubt it. Who knows...hopefully I'm wrong.  Moving wolves won't help anything. I don't care where you're from. Bring them on...let's have them over here...but it won't make a difference. If it would, we'd already see it in the eastern 1/3 of the state. It's doable...the state just won't do it.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 03:14:02 PM »
What's your solution
There is no solution.  This plan was purposely designed to be divisive within the hunting community.  There is no alternative to it.  Wolves should be transported immediately to the westside. Only then can management begin.
  I am surprised no one has captured a Wolf and dropped it off in Seattle or Olympia already.  As difficult and illegal as it would be to do, it’s the only way for non hunters to get the message.

If they're going to go anywhere, I say drop them where hoof rot is the worst.  Wolves have been proven to be great disease killers in Alaska.  Maybe our hoof rot issues can start to decline here.

I can't wait for them to be on the west side.  About time we get permission to manage those things!

You do realize that the State does not have the power to manage wolves on the west side?
They are federally listed in the western 2/3rds of the State. Even the tribes cannot over ride that.
The hunting already sucks over here from all the cougar. When we add the wolves on top of that I expect all the Eastern WA hunters to greet the west siders with open arms because this will drive a lot more your way.

People don't realize this. Or they don't think about it. It's all knee jerk reaction stuff. The state can't do diddly UNTIL THE FED'S DELIST.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 03:15:29 PM »
I'm not sure how people can think this is going to make a difference to NE WA. You should know the first place they will look at moving them is the Olympic Peninsula or possibly Mt St Helens. I get you want Seattle to feel your pain but they will never see any wolves. This is exactly what the predator loving groups have been clamoring for. I'm not seeing any positives to this.

It actually can make a difference to the NE if moving them closer to our state's densest population hastens delisting. That's the point of Kretz's bill.

Where do you think they're going to move them to when you say "closer to our state's densest population?" The wolves in the Teanaway are 3 hours closer to me than if they put some into the Olympics. Probably 2-ish hours closer to me than the Mt St Helens area. I live in King County(barely). There are wolves around Mt. Baker...probably 1.5-2 hours from Seattle.
Speaking realistically, you don't really think they'll put them anywhere close to Seattle, do you?

Speaking realistically, I think they'll go where the food is once they come over here. But the main point is filling the requirements for delisting ASAP and then we can start fighting with the eco-freakos about killing them.

And all I meant by my comment is that just because we meet the requirements of the wolf plan, do you really think this state will ever allow wolf hunting? Or any kind of management at all aside from shooting an occasional livestock killing wolf? That doesn't do jack.  Like fireweed said....after 10-20 years of lawsuits maybe then but even then I doubt it. Who knows...hopefully I'm wrong.  Moving wolves won't help anything. I don't care where you're from. Bring them on...let's have them over here...but it won't make a difference. If it would, we'd already see it in the eastern 1/3 of the state. It's doable...the state just won't do it.

Wolves should be delisted nationally very soon. As far as whether I think wolves will ever be hunted here, I have serious doubts. However, it certainly won't happen before the outrageous wolf plan goals are met. Let's get the plan completed and then, we at least have a case for management and their full recovery.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »

Wolves should be delisted nationally very soon. As far as whether I think wolves will ever be hunted here, I have serious doubts. However, it certainly won't happen before the outrageous wolf plan goals are met. Let's get the plan completed and then, we at least have a case for management and their full recovery.
I wish I was that optimistic.
I'm sure that is number one on Patty and Maria's agenda.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline bbarnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Mt Saint Helens Rescue .com
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 04:35:16 PM »
Time to start hanging meat balls with treble hooks from the trees that delists them!!!!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 04:57:39 PM »
I'm all for it. 

We've got plenty to choose from, but I think ya'll be getting the cattle eaters because WDFW isn't going to transplant the ones that are "doing it right".

1) you got hoof rot bad, wolves will cure that - its the one time they really will go after the sick and injured first
2) wolves will get there all by themselves, but E/WA will suffer longer while they get there "naturally"
3) E/WA wolves were protected federally too, if they take off in W/WA (and they will) then all of WA will be de-listed. 
4) Wolves will start eating pets and livestock in the small micro farms and hobby ranches scattered througout the valleys outside Seattle area and that will get far more attention than something clear across the state. 

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 10:00:51 PM »

4) Wolves will start eating pets and livestock in the small micro farms and hobby ranches scattered througout the valleys outside Seattle area and that will get far more attention than something clear across the state.

Sorry but this one cracks me up.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 10:38:11 PM »

Because  its true!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »
What's your solution
There is no solution.  This plan was purposely designed to be divisive within the hunting community.  There is no alternative to it.  Wolves should be transported immediately to the westside. Only then can management begin.
  I am surprised no one has captured a Wolf and dropped it off in Seattle or Olympia already.  As difficult and illegal as it would be to do, it’s the only way for non hunters to get the message.

People do post solutions on here so Ill give you 2.

Do something about getting wolves de-listed across the nation.
https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,237715.0.html

encourage this outfit to do something with the Colville on the north half.
https://www.foundationforwildlifemanagement.org/Reimbursement
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2019, 04:54:58 AM »
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think that A) we will ever be hunting them legally in Washington. Or B) that the state will manage them.

They barely let us hunt cougars and they are legal to hunt. Their predator management is a joke. Wolves on the westside isn't going to magically change that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2019, 05:54:08 AM »

Patty and Maria will have little to do with national delisting and nothing to do with what happens inside our state government.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2019, 07:13:08 AM »

Patty and Maria will have little to do with national delisting and nothing to do with what happens inside our state government.
Which is why Tribes will provide our only relief. Even then it will mostly help Eastern Wa since wolves are site hunters.

Confucius

Offline fireweed

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2019, 09:06:08 AM »
We are an initiative away from "no wolf hunting ever".  According the the wolf Bio at the meeting, elk are doing fine in the Rockies.  What we hunters know is that elk are starting to rebound in places like Idaho with aggressive state management of wolves (and they allow hound hunting, too, for other predators). 

But here--won't happen.  There will be no wolf hunting, adding to the cougar/bear situation.  Kiss the elk hunting goodbye...
Any survivors will be huddled up in our yards like they are on the Banff and Yellowstone, hoping the wolves are still afraid of people.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2019, 10:02:20 AM »

Because  its true!

Wolves won't attack kale!!

All the dairy farms in my valley are gone. They're all duck leases now.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2019, 10:03:44 AM »
Well maybe Seattle wolves will attack kale.
I dunno...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw