collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: May 1 st announcement for wolf relocation program in Washington  (Read 9996 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: May 1 st announcement for wolf relocation program in Washington
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 11:47:53 AM »
Kretz's idea was that if we put wolves in the most populated 1/3 of the state two things will happen. 1. that population will finally have skin in the game and may not end up liking it, and 2. creating new wolf packs in the west will bring the outrageous wolf plan closer to completion, therefor allowing management. I don't want them anywhere but what I have to say doesn't count. If this plan helps the people of the NE part of the state be able to manage wolves sooner, drop 'em in my backyard. I'm sure they'll have a field day with hoof diseased animals in this neck of the woods.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 11:54:08 AM »
I'm not sure how people can think this is going to make a difference to NE WA. You should know the first place they will look at moving them is the Olympic Peninsula or possibly Mt St Helens. I get you want Seattle to feel your pain but they will never see any wolves. This is exactly what the predator loving groups have been clamoring for. I'm not seeing any positives to this.

Be sure of one thing.......as soon as they start eating the Indians deer/elk, the tribes will be on it.  I really dont care who gets to hunt them so long as they get hunted.....Id like to notch a tag myself, but will settle for the tribes having a 24/7 state wide.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 12:18:53 PM »
MISERY LOVES COMPANY :chuckle: :chuckle:
You all know there has to be so many breeding pairs on both sides of state .Yet when it is affecting you or wet side of the state.You have a problem.Honest I don't care where they move them , just get them out of NE Washington..One less wolf in NE Washington benefits us.The way I hear a few of you crying right now tells me the voice against wolves will be louder when wolves hit the wet side.

Who's crying?

Not sure if you're talking about Humptulips. If you are, you should reread what he said. All he's saying is moving some wolves out of NE WA isn't going to make a difference, and he's right.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:26:07 PM by jackelope »
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Online Jake Dogfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »
What's your solution
There is no solution.  This plan was purposely designed to be divisive within the hunting community.  There is no alternative to it.  Wolves should be transported immediately to the westside. Only then can management begin.
  I am surprised no one has captured a Wolf and dropped it off in Seattle or Olympia already.  As difficult and illegal as it would be to do, it’s the only way for non hunters to get the message.
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline buckfvr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 12:51:16 PM »
You all know there has to be so many breeding pairs on both sides of state .Yet when it is affecting you or wet side of the state.You have a problem.Honest I don't care where they move them , just get them out of NE Washington..One less wolf in NE Washington benefits us.The way I hear a few of you crying right now tells me the voice against wolves will be louder when wolves hit the wet side.

Who's crying?

Not sure if you're talking about Humptulips. If you are, you should reread what he said. All he's saying is moving some wolves out of NE WA isn't going to make a difference, and he's right.

How can he or you, for that matter be right when its wdfw criteria for changing management plan ......Get wolves over there like we have them over here and stuff will happen.....your opinion is only that.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 12:51:40 PM »
I'm not sure how people can think this is going to make a difference to NE WA. You should know the first place they will look at moving them is the Olympic Peninsula or possibly Mt St Helens. I get you want Seattle to feel your pain but they will never see any wolves. This is exactly what the predator loving groups have been clamoring for. I'm not seeing any positives to this.

It actually can make a difference to the NE if moving them closer to our state's densest population hastens delisting. That's the point of Kretz's bill.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 12:52:31 PM »

Who's crying?

How can he or you, for that matter be right when its wdfw criteria for changing management plan ......Get wolves over there like we have them over here and stuff will happen.....your opinion is only that.

That's the plan.

Offline bbarnes

• Longhunter
    • Mt Saint Helens Rescue .com
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 01:41:18 PM »
I guess it's time you key board warriors start showing up,making phone calls, and stop buying there broken product.IT TAKES MASSIVE ACTION NOT TYPING ON THESE SIGHTS.Im personal tired of doing all the leg work, and going to these meetings,if no one else is going to show up,Also this was passes by BOTH PARTIES ,at the house and senate,it just wasn't a demacrate deal.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 01:48:53 PM »

Who's crying?

They can already be managed on a state level in the northeast and the state doesn't do squat. They're federally delisted in the eastern 1/3 of the state.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 01:54:11 PM »

It actually can make a difference to the NE if moving them closer to our state's densest population hastens delisting. That's the point of Kretz's bill.

Where do you think they're going to move them to when you say "closer to our state's densest population?" The wolves in the Teanaway are 3 hours closer to me than if they put some into the Olympics. Probably 2-ish hours closer to me than the Mt St Helens area. I live in King County(barely). There are wolves around Mt. Baker...probably 1.5-2 hours from Seattle.
Speaking realistically, you don't really think they'll put them anywhere close to Seattle, do you?

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 02:05:28 PM »
If they're going to go anywhere, I say drop them where hoof rot is the worst.  Wolves have been proven to be great disease killers in Alaska.  Maybe our hoof rot issues can start to decline here.

I can't wait for them to be on the west side.  About time we get permission to manage those things!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 02:16:40 PM »

Where do you think they're going to move them to when you say "closer to our state's densest population?" The wolves in the Teanaway are 3 hours closer to me than if they put some into the Olympics. Probably 2-ish hours closer to me than the Mt St Helens area. I live in King County(barely). There are wolves around Mt. Baker...probably 1.5-2 hours from Seattle.
Speaking realistically, you don't really think they'll put them anywhere close to Seattle, do you?

Speaking realistically, I think they'll go where the food is once they come over here. But the main point is filling the requirements for delisting ASAP and then we can start fighting with the eco-freakos about killing them.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »
What's your solution
There is no solution.  This plan was purposely designed to be divisive within the hunting community.  There is no alternative to it.  Wolves should be transported immediately to the westside. Only then can management begin.
  I am surprised no one has captured a Wolf and dropped it off in Seattle or Olympia already.  As difficult and illegal as it would be to do, it’s the only way for non hunters to get the message.

If they're going to go anywhere, I say drop them where hoof rot is the worst.  Wolves have been proven to be great disease killers in Alaska.  Maybe our hoof rot issues can start to decline here.

I can't wait for them to be on the west side.  About time we get permission to manage those things!

You do realize that the State does not have the power to manage wolves on the west side?
They are federally listed in the western 2/3rds of the State. Even the tribes cannot over ride that.
The hunting already sucks over here from all the cougar. When we add the wolves on top of that I expect all the Eastern WA hunters to greet the west siders with open arms because this will drive a lot more your way.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline fireweed

• Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2019, 02:47:09 PM »
What's your solution

Only then can management begin...after a decade or two of lawsuits.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2019, 02:58:30 PM »
What's your solution

Give me a tranq gun and a covered trailer

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw