collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Advice on trail camera purchase please (Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressor)  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Logan80

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
I'm looking to make a trail camera purchase and I have found one I think I like. It's the Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressor. There are two different models of this camera, one is "low glow" (Model 119874C) and one is listed as "no glow" (Model 119876C) however I've seen reviews stating that it does in fact have a small "glow" when it triggers.

Does anyone have experience with either of these cameras? Any reason to go with low glow instead of no glow?

I want to put this camera in a steel protective box, which I've found online already, and use it to monitor both wildlife for potential hunting as well as people that trespass on my property.

I already have a Moultrie M-880 that's in one part of the property and I get a ton of deer, racoon, and people pictures. My cousin purchased this camera and it seems to work fairly well, it's been there for several years without issues, but it does have a very noticeable red glow when it triggers at night, I'd like to avoid that on my next one unless there is a good reason to keep the glow.

I like the Bushnell because it appears that I can take a still and video at the same time, which may be handy, plus it's compact and seems to have good specs.

Any input or advice?

Offline BreezyBear

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
  • RMEF Life Member
  • Groups: RMEF
I have the NO Glow and it does not work well on video at all, burns up batteries very quickly,  however it takes great night and day still photos.  Low glow video works just fine, the animals don't really seem to care about the red glow, but someone can easily see it.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
If you want a cam for video mode, id suggest a stealth cam ds4k.  It will take pics while recording video, at whatever interval you set.  The aggressor just takes a pic then starts recording in hybrid mode, and theres a bad delay between pic and video.  Also, the ds4k can hold up to a 512g sd card, as opposed to 32g card from bushnell and most others.  Card space fills up fast on video, so this is a huge benefit.  also, the ds4k has better battery life (takes 12aa instead of 8 ) which is also very important for video.  If you watch amazon ds4k can be had for 150, and occasionally camofire has them for even cheaper.  heres a night video from a ds4k.  Not a valid vimeo URL

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Love my bushnell  119874C.  Great pics and video

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87