collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Is Seattle an Open Carry city?  (Read 7712 times)

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
Re: Is Seattle an Open Carry city?
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2019, 09:21:06 PM »
IIRC = If I remember correctly...
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2019, 09:23:03 PM »
IIRC = If I recall correctly, which I don't.  I stand corrected. The Kroger policy is refreshing even though they caved after Parkland and pulled a Dicks move.  I don't know why I had that recollection, since it seems to be a longstanding policy.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2019, 10:23:08 PM »
I open carried on and off for years, Even got involved with some group picnics and such. All very nice folks.
I mostly carry cc but now and than during hot wether I maybe open.

I have never been bothered by LEO. I think your personality goes along way towards easing peoples minds.

As a store manager I see open carriers almost everyday come in store. One guy wears a hunting knife on one side and a 1911 on the other. No one bats a eye because he is always friendly and polite.
Lots of truck driver sopen carry.
I think Seattle is about as unfriendly as you can get for open carry. They been trying to end 2A rights in public for years.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2019, 07:27:58 AM »
With some exceptions open carry is legal everywhere in Washington, although doing so in Seattle will likely attract "attention".

:yeah: 

in today's world, it would be almost accessory before the fact NOT to report someone walking around with a gun on their hip or over their shoulder.  Some kid shot up a synagogue today with a long gun :(
Yes being guilty of carrying a gun on your hip is a serious offense. Crazy how the world has changes in a short while. Used to walk around with a 22 shooting squirrels in the neighborhood. Kids took rifles to school to hunt in the evening. Now you're a criminal for carrying one.

Not a criminal, but you will be checked on.  You never walked around with a 22 shooting squirrels in Seattle.  Squirrels are protected in WA. :)

My nickname in HS was Ducks because I would show up to my first class direct from the duck blind and the teacher loved to tease me about it.  My duck boat was on top my car in the parking lot, and my gun was in the trunk.  Nobody gave a hoot
No I never shot squirrels in Seattle. Haha I was just ranting in general.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal